Author Topic: Jingle Bells! What do yall want for christmas?  (Read 784 times)

Trauma-san

Jingle Bells! What do yall want for christmas?
« on: December 02, 2002, 09:13:25 PM »
What do you guys want for christmas?  Put up what's on your wish list, and if I see the words "pagan holiday" whoever said it is a queer.

Anyways, I haven't given it too much thought yet, but I think what I want is a Danelectro Pro Convertible Electric Guitar.  If I can't get that, I want a Cort Triggs Chamber.  Here's pictures of 'em

there's one in a pawn shop on the other side of town exactly like this, I think my brother is gonna sneak over there and buy it for me for christmas tomorrow.  Man, I hope, that would be so cool.  You can play it acoustic, or electric, with a weird sound as an acoustic since it's so thin.  These were classic babys from the 60's, and now they've reissued all of them.  I've got a danelectro Innuendo, it's awesome.

If I don't get that, I want a Cort Triggs Chamber, it was designed by Triggs, this famous nashville musician.  I think it's kinda gangsta, looks like a cheap Rickenbacher, like the beatles played... they're cheap though, so it's in my price range, where a Rick is like 600 bucks!

Ain't that thing beautiful? lol if I don't get one for christmas, i'll probably buy one just after.  And I'll eventually buy both, because I got it like that.  Peace~

DPG4lyfe

Re:Jingle Bells! What do yall want for christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 09:29:59 PM »
a new computer tha iz XP and gots a cd burner and all this shyt but thats if my mom can afford it cuzz she might lose her job :( but most likely its kool 8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 09:32:36 PM »
Ha, that's cool man.  Good luck with that, we'll be seein' more of you then, right? lol

P.S., if anybody responds, try an throw up pictures if you want it THAT bad.  Peace~

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 09:38:03 PM »
I want a cd player stereo for my car.  There is lots more things I want, but that is really the only thing that I would expect anyone to actually get me.  I would like some new clothes but my family can never pick out clothes that I like too much.  Oh yeah and I want some new shoes.  I would like some turntables but I ain't gonna ask for them cause they too expensive.  Drums would be nice too, but then again too expensive.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 09:41:09 PM »
That's cool man, they should be able to handle that.  Drums and turntables you're gonna have to save for yourself I'll bet, though.  

Pillow

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 10:56:53 PM »
my christmas list is very shot, allz i want is a throw back celtics jersey and money.....looks like i will be getting all i want  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 03:23:22 AM »
i'm tryin to find me a cheap (under 400 quid) akai mpc 60 ii to play with either that or and ensoniq asr-10 sampling synth (a lot of the big uk underground hiphop people use these along with the obvious things like mpc's and EMU sp1200s )
(i'm putting up a old drum machine/synth on ebay this week which will fetch 200 quid)
both are obselete pieces of hardware.

mpc60 info http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/akai_mpc60-ii.cfm
asr-10 info http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/ensoniqasr-10a.cfm
sp1200 (made famous by pete rock) http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/emu_sp1200.cfm

mpc60
asr-10

i like fiddling with midi hardware, i can afford but wont spend 1000 on a mpc 3000le  (limited edition)(drool)

i dunno what i'mma get from my folks for christmas.. maybe just cash.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 03:31:25 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 06:15:33 AM »
Cool, Cool.  I just do it software... I've got a decent keyboard, a few nice microphones, and that's about all I need to do beats, demos, etc.  I use cakewalk, which is awesome for MIDI, and soundfonts in my soundblaster Live.  I don't like using samples or anything, so Midi is perfect for me (Plus, I record guitar tracks and bass tracks live over it), and the soundfonts are unlimited, so I can make complete stuff that's all original (and copywritable, LOL).  

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 06:51:04 AM »
yeah i played with fruity loops + cubase, its aiight. not keen on em tho.
i have a midi controller keyboard and a roland mc303 groovebox (that i'm selling soon before its worthless).

i'm really good with the technical side of things but i'm not overly musical. (yet mwhaha)
i'm ok ish with beats if i'm chopping up samples, but find it harder using a drum machine.
those things take time.  i'm also a firm believer that if u can mix records properly dj style (which months to learn) some of the skills transfer to producing.

my homie is good musically especially with beats (maybe coz he been djing jungle and now nu skool breakz for 10 years) but he lacks skills/confidence with software so I have to learn things a bit to be able to teach him.
i'm hookin him up with reason + acid pro soon so i gotta learn em.

i might hold out and watch ebay for an upgraded mpc 60ii ... hmm

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 07:01:39 AM »
Huh, no idea man. I just hope that everyone in my family stays safe and ill be happy
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 07:02:58 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

elneckio

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 10:15:51 AM »
Jennifer Lopez, Christine Augilara and Ashanti with a hot tub should do !  ;D

Being realistic if "The Getaway" is out for the PS2 then thats probably tops of my would like list.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 10:37:41 AM »
Jennifer Lopez, Christine Augilara and Ashanti with a hot tub should do !  ;D

Being realistic if "The Getaway" is out for the PS2 then thats probably tops of my would like list.
i think me and you are all up on this game!!! ;D i just hope it aint a dissapointment...but yeah thats on my list for wants if it comes out on time...another thing that i really want is splinter cell....but i dont got an xbox so i want splinter cell with and xbox....lol.....one more thing would be a system for the ride.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 01:23:08 PM »
good exam marks...and full time hours..i need money
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 02:27:11 PM »
ill only tell you what i want for christamas if you ask me on IM or somethin cuz its private, lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 03:31:11 PM by Doggy aka Pitbull »

bez

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2002, 03:00:58 PM »
Hmmmm, I dont really know, I want to have a nice christmas and I want to have an amazing new year because me new years are always shite but this one I want it to be blazin.  Christmas I want just money.