Author Topic: Mitchy Slick Interview with HHDX (speaks on relationship with Jayo Felony)  (Read 2547 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

he did in what year? lol
take me back daygo

haha^^^
jayo already got checked by others didnt he for tryna say he made the crip hop thing?
he blackballed himsefl

Not really. He did come up with Crip Hop lol. Snoop and them was on some biter shit.

U know he first spit it on that E-40 album.  Far before he was even fuckin with Snoop and the Eastsiders.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
true but what if they was spittin bout that on the low before he made that joint? lol
snoop might not have been str8 cripped out crazy since the 80's but he been around them right....im not sayin jayo didnt make it or they did, but IMO they mos def took it to another level and made it acceptable in the mainstream

he did in what year? lol
take me back daygo

haha^^^
jayo already got checked by others didnt he for tryna say he made the crip hop thing?
he blackballed himsefl

Not really. He did come up with Crip Hop lol. Snoop and them was on some biter shit.

U know he first spit it on that E-40 album.  Far before he was even fuckin with Snoop and the Eastsiders.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

true but what if they was spittin bout that on the low before he made that joint? lol
snoop might not have been str8 cripped out crazy since the 80's but he been around them right....im not sayin jayo didnt make it or they did, but IMO they mos def took it to another level and made it acceptable in the mainstream

he did in what year? lol
take me back daygo

haha^^^
he blackballed himsefl

Once Jayo called them out...and called Snoop a biter....if Snoop had been usin that term before, he woulda said it right then and there.  Snoop shouldnt have done it.  Heres the thing, Snoops already made himself a career.  He is what he is.  He isnt gettin any bigger by makin records really.  He will only get bigger in this rap game if he helps bring the West back.  He wont bring the West back by steppin on other Westcoast artists toes and stealin they shit.  He shoulda been tryin to push Jayos shit out there. Cus at that time Snoop was tryna fuck with that dude.  He had him on some features...and whether your a Snoop fan....a Jayo fan...both or neither...everybody ive heard says that Jayo RIPPED those tracks he was on with Snoop and Kurupt.  Jayos issue has been puttin out albums.  But he seems to outshine people on their own tracks.  Snoop knows the game enough to know that if he puts Jayo on...and Jayo blows up....Snoop will only help his own pockets out too.  I think people forget how big that Whatcha Gonna Do single was.  So Jayo had the potential.  I mean shit, that shit was nominated for best Hip Hop single of the year that year at the Source Awards.  I THINK Back That Thang Up from Juve beat him out.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah real talk nah i feel what you sayin but

1.jayo hasnt kept a good rep in the muzik industry as far as releasin muzik....cant blame snoop for that....look at mitchy's grind and xzibit didnt do anythin that mitchy wasnt already doin
2.jay o released some dope songs that charted big but its not the charts that matter, they were dope but he didnt capitalize off them, whos fault is that?
3.he takes years off, and every now n then reappears on some albums, song here n there etc....and they arent nuthin compared to what he made and what he can possibly still do
4.and then the crip hop issue....aite he has a album called crip hop, but did he start it? IMO no he didnt but thats a bit more complicated IMO but lets say he did, how come he didnt go wit it and release more crip hop? lol
5.he could have been the biggest rapper outta sd......but he jus dont want to be that big rapper, otherwise whats goin on here?
6.the mitchy beef
7.theres prolly more

he did in what year? lol
take me back daygo

haha^^^
he blackballed himsefl

U know he first spit it on that E-40 album.  Far before he was even fuckin with Snoop and the Eastsiders.

Once Jayo called them out...and called Snoop a biter....if Snoop had been usin that term before, he woulda said it right then and there.  Snoop shouldnt have done it.  Heres the thing, Snoops already made himself a career.  He is what he is.  He isnt gettin any bigger by makin records really.  He will only get bigger in this rap game if he helps bring the West back.  He wont bring the West back by steppin on other Westcoast artists toes and stealin they shit.  He shoulda been tryin to push Jayos shit out there. Cus at that time Snoop was tryna fuck with that dude.  He had him on some features...and whether your a Snoop fan....a Jayo fan...both or neither...everybody ive heard says that Jayo RIPPED those tracks he was on with Snoop and Kurupt.  Jayos issue has been puttin out albums.  But he seems to outshine people on their own tracks.  Snoop knows the game enough to know that if he puts Jayo on...and Jayo blows up....Snoop will only help his own pockets out too.  I think people forget how big that Whatcha Gonna Do single was.  So Jayo had the potential.  I mean shit, that shit was nominated for best Hip Hop single of the year that year at the Source Awards.  I THINK Back That Thang Up from Juve beat him out.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:50:32 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

yeah real talk nah i feel what you sayin but

1.jayo hasnt kept a good rep in the muzik industry as far as releasin muzik....cant blame snoop for that....look at mitchy's grind and xzibit didnt do anythin that mitchy wasnt already doin
2.jay o released some dope songs that charted big but its not the charts that matter, they were dope but he didnt capitalize off them, whos fault is that?
3.he takes years off, and every now n then reappears on some albums, song here n there etc....and they arent nuthin compared to what he made and what he can possibly still do
4.and then the crip hop issue....aite he has a album called crip hop, but did he start it? IMO no he didnt but thats a bit more complicated IMO but lets say he did, how come he didnt go wit it and release more crip hop? lol
5.he could have been the biggest rapper outta sd......but he jus dont want to be that big rapper, otherwise whats goin on here?
6.the mitchy beef
7.theres prolly more

he did in what year? lol
take me back daygo

haha^^^
he blackballed himsefl

U know he first spit it on that E-40 album.  Far before he was even fuckin with Snoop and the Eastsiders.

Once Jayo called them out...and called Snoop a biter....if Snoop had been usin that term before, he woulda said it right then and there.  Snoop shouldnt have done it.  Heres the thing, Snoops already made himself a career.  He is what he is.  He isnt gettin any bigger by makin records really.  He will only get bigger in this rap game if he helps bring the West back.  He wont bring the West back by steppin on other Westcoast artists toes and stealin they shit.  He shoulda been tryin to push Jayos shit out there. Cus at that time Snoop was tryna fuck with that dude.  He had him on some features...and whether your a Snoop fan....a Jayo fan...both or neither...everybody ive heard says that Jayo RIPPED those tracks he was on with Snoop and Kurupt.  Jayos issue has been puttin out albums.  But he seems to outshine people on their own tracks.  Snoop knows the game enough to know that if he puts Jayo on...and Jayo blows up....Snoop will only help his own pockets out too.  I think people forget how big that Whatcha Gonna Do single was.  So Jayo had the potential.  I mean shit, that shit was nominated for best Hip Hop single of the year that year at the Source Awards.  I THINK Back That Thang Up from Juve beat him out.

Man u gotta understand the politics...its not as easy as u think.

Jayo's big chance was when he signed to Def Jam.  They signed him, and he put out a banger.  Whatcha Gonna Do was off the chain as an album. After that...what WestCoast artists was Def Jam really pushin anymore? You think they were interested in pushin his albums?  He was still signed to Def Jam at that point.

Youre makin assumptions man.

Also, check how much talent there is comin out of SD.  But yet...no one from SD has ever REALLY blown.  Why do u think that is?  You think EVERY rapper from SD just doesnt WANT to do it? lol.  Theres a lot more to it then that.  Its much harder for a rapper comin out of SD to make it, then it is for a rapper comin out of LA. And if Jayo didnt come up with the term Crip Hop, at least publicly....even tho he was the first to put it out there on an album....who did?  Snoop and the Eastsiders for damn sure didnt...or they woulda have defended themselves against what he said by claiming they came up with it first.  They didnt, cus they knew they bit it.  Right before his "Crip Hop" album came out...making Jayo appear to be the biter. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but didnt someone or a crew run up on jayo in a trailer and make certain moves at jayo....and wasnt he shook? lol

im not makin assumptions, true fact he hasnt been relevant in years but take a ride and what ya gon do are classics, no doubt bout it
i want the westcoast to shine and raise up as much as the die hard fan there is, but you cant deny whats real
jayo been sayin he gon come wit muzik of years and well.....still nuthin
that has nuthin to do wit ecay, mitchy, and other sd rapper or la or snoop or anyone
he was successful at one time right?

btw daygo jus want to clarify
1.whats your thoughts on jayo's role (if you can use that term in this case) in the whole crip hop thing?
2.what happened when he got ran up on?
3.where do you rank jayo of all time with other rappers?
4.how many classic albums do you think he has?

jus want to know what you think about those
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:03:54 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

but didnt someone or a crew run up on jayo in a trailer and make certain moves at jayo....and wasnt he shook? lol

im not makin assumptions, true fact he hasnt been relevant in years but take a ride and what ya gon do are classics, no doubt bout it
i want the westcoast to shine and raise up as much as the die hard fan there is, but you cant deny whats real
jayo been sayin he gon come wit muzik of years and well.....still nuthin
that has nuthin to do wit ecay, mitchy, and other sd rapper or la or snoop or anyone
he was successful at one time right?

btw daygo jus want to clarify
1.whats your thoughts on jayo's role (if you can use that term in this case) in the whole crip hop thing?
2.what happened when he got ran up on?
3.where do you rank jayo of all time with other rappers?
4.how many classic albums do you think he has?

jus want to know what you think about those

Its he said she said on that situation.  Jayo says, and in that Yous A Character he talks about it....that he ran up on Snoops trailer (which is probably true cus that part of the story is consistent with what Snoops side says), bangin on the outside of it tryin to get Snoop to come out, attacked Snoop, and Snoops security pulled Jayo off of him.  Tray Dee's version made it sound like it it was a bunch of LB Crips there that jumped on Jayo after Jayo got at Snoop.  Either way, it sounds like Jayo was the aggressor....and either security or some gangstas came to Snoops aide.  Depends on whos story you believe. 

I cant say where I rank Jayo.  Heres how I see dude...and this is from way back when Take a Ride first dropped.  Seriously, the nigga can spit.  He's got flows for sure.  IMO, one of the illest rappers we've seen in Cali. His downfall...is a few things.  One....timing.  Jayo started to blow right at the same time that the East started sayin "fuck that Westcoast shit" and decided to only air their shit.  So a Westcoast artist on an Eastcoast label wasnt goin nowhere.  By the time he got that situation taken care of at Def Jam...you werent seein many Westcoast artists blow up anymore anyways.  He had a lil thing goin with Snoop when Snoop wanted to sign him.  But really, I dunno if that woulda went anywhere.  Where are the Eastsiderz now?!  Doggys Angels? lol.  One of Jayos other downfalls is consistency.  Ive heard Jayo on some tracks....with other big time artists....and Jayo completely outshines em.  He's one of the few rappers I think can hold his own with anybody on a track.  But then his alvums havent always been up to par or the same level. Another thing is bein from SD. Real Shit, an SD artist gotta be 3 times more talented then an artist from LA in order to create a buzz around him.  So I dunno...he's tight as a rapper...some shit is his fault, some shit is circumstance.

Id say 2 classic albums.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats waz up and im pretty sure thats you bein honest about all the questions so thats what it is
ive heard different stories from people that were there at the shoot/trailer etc...but its whatever i jus wanted to get your input on that and jayo as a whole
and at the end of the day, it sounds like we disagree on some things here, but one thing we can prolly agree on
what ya gon do and take a ride are mad dope and take a ride is one of the dopest produced songs ever....at least ima say that
and its not so much that jayo's on it...i dont know if that song was made for jayo but damn what a classic piece of muzik
Cube

GangstaBoogy

Word, Cricet did damn near Mitchy's whole album.

The issue is a territory thing. I won't go into detail but those from San Diego know what I mean. Territory plus Jayo being a bitter hater.

Why a hater? Detail please

Naw its coo
[/quote]

Jayo been hatin on Mitch.  He aint had no reason to diss Mitch, far as I know they aint even really enemies.  Im at work so I wasnt able to peep that interview right now.  Dont get me wrong...Jayo is off the chain on some rap shit. The niggas been puttin it down forever.  I got a ton of respect for him as a rapper.  But he dont carry the same kinda respect in the town that a rapper like Mitchy does.  You dont hear Jayos shit bumpin in SE.  And to be real, if they was really havin a real funk with eachother....literally....Jayos hood and Mitchys are right next to eachother.  47th n Market....Sundance....shit...its walkin distance for a fat bitch to Logan Ave.
[/quote]

That...and look at Jayo's track record. Dissed Jay-Z for no reason. Dissed Snoop (the nigga that rescued and elevated his career) over some dumb shit. Then when everybody in the city was hoping for a Jayo / Mitchy collabo, Jayo comes out of nowhere with that random diss track. Niggas bitter. His career fell off and he's never had the success he's desired.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Word, Cricet did damn near Mitchy's whole album.

The issue is a territory thing. I won't go into detail but those from San Diego know what I mean. Territory plus Jayo being a bitter hater.

Why a hater? Detail please

Naw its coo

Jayo been hatin on Mitch.  He aint had no reason to diss Mitch, far as I know they aint even really enemies.  Im at work so I wasnt able to peep that interview right now.  Dont get me wrong...Jayo is off the chain on some rap shit. The niggas been puttin it down forever.  I got a ton of respect for him as a rapper.  But he dont carry the same kinda respect in the town that a rapper like Mitchy does.  You dont hear Jayos shit bumpin in SE.  And to be real, if they was really havin a real funk with eachother....literally....Jayos hood and Mitchys are right next to eachother.  47th n Market....Sundance....shit...its walkin distance for a fat bitch to Logan Ave.
[/quote]

That...and look at Jayo's track record. Dissed Jay-Z for no reason. Dissed Snoop (the nigga that rescued and elevated his career) over some dumb shit. Then when everybody in the city was hoping for a Jayo / Mitchy collabo, Jayo comes out of nowhere with that random diss track. Niggas bitter. His career fell off and he's never had the success he's desired.
[/quote]

He had more reason to diss Jay and Snoop then Mitch lol.  I liked him dissin Jay....cus fuck Jay Z.  But I dunno if he really had a PERSONAL reason to.  I mean, Im sure bein on Def Jam he had an issue or two at some point.  Snoop I completely understand. But Mitch and him never really had funk.  And I KNOW Jayo doesnt wanna diss Mitch over no Crip/Blood, Lincoln/Neighborhood shit...cus thats a funk Jayo isnt gonna wanna get involved in.  His ass aint goan be down here in the turf no time soon.

marquesmc@comcast.net

• Lil Geezy
i think jayo felony should do like the bay area rappers like the jacka,livewire records,san quinn,thizz ent,messy marv, and drop albums constantly independently and forget all the politics of the music industry,do some mixtapes also to promote yourself like a new artist to people who might not be familiar him or slept on his music and talent,touring is only way you make your money in this game don't rely on records sales,fame will come later with hard grind and paid dues.and when can we get a new interview with him on this dubcnn site.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but your talkin to someone as if they are new to the game? lol
hes been in this longer than some have been alive...if hes waitin for that type of savoir hes in the wrong bidness
his single makes sense now...
WHAT CHA GON DO? lol
Cube

bigpimpin20

<--- jayo said nobody put hands on him durring that Snoop alteraction over crip hop. Who was lyin: Jayo or Tray Deee? ;D

<--- jayo said nobody put hands on him durring that Snoop alteraction over crip hop. Who was lyin: Jayo or Tray Deee? ;D

its all hear say...and Im guessin both sides exaggerated their claims.  You hear two dudes get into a fight...and let them tell it....they both won. lol

oh...also on that note.  Im pretty sure Snoop ass dont wanna fair one with Jayo.  Snoops about a buck 30 soakin wet.  He woulda had to have some homeboys present.