Author Topic: Drake= The Most Overhyed Rapper Ever  (Read 1032 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drake= The Most Overhyed Rapper Ever
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
Yeah females truly fucked up rap music. 

Yeah, to an extent, but there's plenty of guys that are super into him as well. He's certainly not someone I listen to and think "Wow that was awful" but the hype surrounding him is ridiculous.

yeah, i can bump some of his music, along with other mainstream artists.

but i think i've come to the conclusion that Drake & Lil' Wayne are just personalities most people would want to be.

get bitches whenever, super "swaggerful", etc. & they make average music & people just want to be them, so they catch on & there music is catchy, it's nothing that makes you stand back & say "whoa!".

but it's all good, can't hate on them too much, we'd all do it too; plus Drake has always been the way he's been when he came into the game, so he hasn't sold out lol.

Id wanna have Waynes money...wouldnt wanna be HIM.  First, there isnt one ounce of me that would ever wanna be famous.  Rich, yeah. Famous? Hell naw.  Plus, when you see Wayne...."genius" isnt exactly the word that comes to mind.  So Im assumin his ass will be completely broke within 5 years of retirement

The reason him, and those like him are big? Bitches.  Plain and simple. Bitches come in many forms....not just female. But bitches (male or female) are the biggest purchasers of rap music nowadays.  They know absolutely shit about rap music. So their level of expectations on a rapper are pretty low.  Just that the beat is good and the person sort of looks like part.  A solid beat = a star rapper.  Most Bitches cant even distinguish between the beatmaker/producer and the rapper.  So they start to like Lil Wayne cus the beat is good on their favorite radio song.  And boom...Wayne sells millions.  Good for him...he should make his money.  But its the reason the quality of rap music on the radio is at an all time low.  Bitches.

i feel you, but i personally & along with billions of others wouldn't mind the fame. :P

but like these club heads & shit say Wayne is there favorite because the bitch they tryna bag said that shit lol.

it's all about the female appeal. :-\

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »

Yeah, to an extent, but there's plenty of guys that are super into him as well. He's certainly not someone I listen to and think "Wow that was awful" but the hype surrounding him is ridiculous.

but i think i've come to the conclusion that Drake & Lil' Wayne are just personalities most people would want to be.

get bitches whenever, super "swaggerful", etc. & they make average music & people just want to be them, so they catch on & there music is catchy, it's nothing that makes you stand back & say "whoa!".

but it's all good, can't hate on them too much, we'd all do it too; plus Drake has always been the way he's been when he came into the game, so he hasn't sold out lol.

Id wanna have Waynes money...wouldnt wanna be HIM.  First, there isnt one ounce of me that would ever wanna be famous.  Rich, yeah. Famous? Hell naw.  Plus, when you see Wayne...."genius" isnt exactly the word that comes to mind.  So Im assumin his ass will be completely broke within 5 years of retirement

The reason him, and those like him are big? Bitches.  Plain and simple. Bitches come in many forms....not just female. But bitches (male or female) are the biggest purchasers of rap music nowadays.  They know absolutely shit about rap music. So their level of expectations on a rapper are pretty low.  Just that the beat is good and the person sort of looks like part.  A solid beat = a star rapper.  Most Bitches cant even distinguish between the beatmaker/producer and the rapper.  So they start to like Lil Wayne cus the beat is good on their favorite radio song.  And boom...Wayne sells millions.  Good for him...he should make his money.  But its the reason the quality of rap music on the radio is at an all time low.  Bitches.

I dont agree, ive been listening to hip hop since around 92, i know my hip hop very well, im a musician/beatmaker producer and i can enjoy Drake and Wayne music for what it is.
If im listening to lil Wayne or Drake its because i wanna listen to a certain style im feeling more chill.
One day i might wanna jam out some more lyrical shit and jam out Nas or some gangsta shit and throw on mobb deep.
Your saying that people who listen to wayne dont know hip hop but i would challenge anyone to challenge about hip hop or music in general.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
^i respect that.

i'm in the same boat as you, throwing it on at times when i'm in that chill mood.

but it's for those who believe they are numbers one & two in rap & put Wayne in like top five, dead or alive lists lol.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 04:50:40 PM »
^i respect that.

i'm in the same boat as you, throwing it on at times when i'm in that chill mood.

but it's for those who believe they are numbers one & two in rap & put Wayne in like top five, dead or alive lists lol.

Of course hes not top 5. Hes a talented guy hes been around 10 years plus he crafted his own style so good for him you know.
And yeah a lot of it is for bitches, when i was younger id drop some ice cube and snoop on some bitches aint shit in my ride but trust me you get a grown, classy woman in your ride she does not wanna hear that shit lol.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »

I dont agree, ive been listening to hip hop since around 92, i know my hip hop very well, im a musician/beatmaker producer and i can enjoy Drake and Wayne music for what it is.
If im listening to lil Wayne or Drake its because i wanna listen to a certain style im feeling more chill.
One day i might wanna jam out some more lyrical shit and jam out Nas or some gangsta shit and throw on mobb deep.
Your saying that people who listen to wayne dont know hip hop but i would challenge anyone to challenge about hip hop or music in general.

BITCH! lol j/k

Heres my thing. Yeah ive been into hip hop....really since the Fresh Prince was still makin tapes (yeah, tapes lol).  I remember the first tape I ever bought was Fresh Prince's "Rock The House".  So Ive watched the shit progress through the years.  And for me, its pretty sickening. Im not gonna say that there isnt any good rap music anymore...cus thats just some shit bitter old school people say about new music.  But for me, I listen to the content a lot.  Im focusin on the rapper themselves.  The beat is the beat and you can throw damn near any garbage rapper on a hot beat and make a hit.  But the average rap fan nowadays doesnt seperate the two.  When a hot new single hits the radio...and the beat is smashin...the average rap fan doesnt know enough about rap MUSIC to say...."yeah the beat is off the chain...but the rapper sucks".  They just say..."I love that new Lil Wayne song, he's an amazing rapper" lol.  Its because the fan base has changed over the years.  The rappers/music will reflect the fan base.  So when 13 yr old girls are your number 1 buyers...you make music that appeals to them.  13 yr old girls dont give a shit if you are actually a good rapper.  Only if there is a catchy hook and they can shake their lil asses to the beat. 

The reason I say its gotten bad nowadays is because at one point, rap had to appeal to actual RAP fans.  People who were actually INTO rap music.  The bar was higher for the rappers then.  Eventually it started crossing over and mixing with R&B and Pop music.  Good for the rappers paydays.  But it meant that you were now dilluting the rap fan base with R&B and Pop fans. The bar lowered for the rappers themselves.  Think about it. Now more then ever, it seems like knowledgeable rap fans understand that the best RAPPERS...arent even the ones making all the money and all over the TV.  The marketable ones are.  Thats a damn shame...

You.  Youre an exception lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
Oh yeah...Mtl....send me some beats! lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
extremely overrated.....he sounds the same and hes way to borin
good lookin

only got through a few tracks on one of his mictapes and came to the same conclusion
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
For a commercial rapper, he's not nearly as bad as most new guys coming in the game.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »
For a commercial rapper, he's not nearly as bad as most new guys coming in the game.

its kinda fucked up that we have to resort to saying..."well....compared to how bad the others are...i guess he's above....average?!" lol

thisoneguy360

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

That's why I said I don't think he's horrible, but people are hyping him up like he's gonna save hip hop or something.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »

this i agree with...yes he's obviously aiming at a specific audience (teen girls lol) but at the same time when you compare him to some of the other more recent commercial rappers to break through (y'all know who im talking about), hes got a lot more to offer...

he also seems to switch quite comfortably between "commercial" and "underground" shit...for example, he'll do some Young Money shit, then turn round and drop "My New" featuring Von P from Tanya Morgan, and Phonte from Little Brother, produced by Nottz, or "Think Good Thoughts" with Elzhi and Phonte and production by 9th Wonder, and is quite vocal in his opinion on the less commercial artists/groups who have influenced him and he listens to, so from that respect i gotta give it to him, he kinda caters to both audiences at times

but maybe if he did more of that kinda shit i'd be more open to the idea of actually listening to his other shit...at the moment im not convinced  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
nah hes gon be gon soon, and even if he isnt he wont be remembered as anythin special or legendary ever

That's why I said I don't think he's horrible, but people are hyping him up like he's gonna save hip hop or something.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »

Hip Hop will be saved when real rappers stand up and decide to crush this wave of pop rap that is taking over.  If that shit dont happen....rap will continue to go down hill. At least mainstream

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:40 PM »
nah hes gon be gon soon, and even if he isnt he wont be remembered as anythin special or legendary ever

more then likely

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
real tlak daygo...nowhere near nuthin like that, every song he, t.i., rick ross etc...i listen to wc, westside connection, trick daddy, and real shit more
IT GIVES ME MORE FUEL...lol

Hip Hop will be saved when real rappers stand up and decide to crush this wave of pop rap that is taking over.  If that shit dont happen....rap will continue to go down hill. At least mainstream
Cube