Author Topic: Drake= The Most Overhyed Rapper Ever  (Read 1030 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Drake= The Most Overhyed Rapper Ever
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
For a commercial rapper, he's not nearly as bad as most new guys coming in the game.

That's why I said I don't think he's horrible, but people are hyping him up like he's gonna save hip hop or something.

Hip Hop will be saved when real rappers stand up and decide to crush this wave of pop rap that is taking over.  If that shit dont happen....rap will continue to go down hill. At least mainstream

I got a question for you. First of all what exactly is a real rapper and name some examples of real rappers in todays music ?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
For a commercial rapper, he's not nearly as bad as most new guys coming in the game.

That's why I said I don't think he's horrible, but people are hyping him up like he's gonna save hip hop or something.

Hip Hop will be saved when real rappers stand up and decide to crush this wave of pop rap that is taking over.  If that shit dont happen....rap will continue to go down hill. At least mainstream

honestly, it isn't even "real rappers" not making a stand, i mean Nas dropped "Hip Hop Is Dead".

it's just the fans pay combined millions of dollars for this new generation of Hip Hop & they aren't even interested in things that "real rappers" put out.

it has to be pure blame on the fans, i mean, artists are just doing what they have to, to make a buck & label executives aren't going to push "real rap", if it isn't going to sell.

if these autotuned songs didn't sell & people were hyped for a new actualy rap album, it wouldn't be the way it is.

blame goes to the fans for wanting more & more music by the mainstream guys today, which gets back to the female influence & how since they want it & guys want girls to get loose in the club, they don't mind it & what you have is the fall of mainstream Hip Hop.

mainstream being underlined because it isn't rap that's dead, just the mainstream junk; plenty of fantastic underground music.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
real talk cham....REAL MUTHAFUCCIN TALK G
damn thats what i been sayin for years
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »
its kinda fucked up that we have to resort to saying..."well....compared to how bad the others are...i guess he's above....average?!" lol

Yeah, no doubt. It's not a good thing everyone is acting like he's hip-hops savior.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lucifuge

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 02:07:59 AM »
Fuck up shit is when "real rapprs" drop album people says hes playdout,and they said they need to back on they street shit,and then they said hes playdout..fuck out with that
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

ikke

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 04:01:09 AM »
People talk about hip-hop as 1 genre but it's too big for it to remain the same.
There's no hip-hop anymore, there are several sub-culture's within the hip-hop culture.
Even comparing a waka to a method man is ridiculous, comparing him to the sex pistols makes just as much sense.

If you want hip-hop to stay the same you want it to die.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 05:22:09 AM »

very true, IMO So Far Gone was an awesome mixtape.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

MediumL

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »
For a mainstream rapper he's alright but I just find his subject matter boring as fuck. Can't believe people get hyped over songs where he talks about nothing with punchlines.

Drake = glorified punchline rapper that can write a hook
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 06:28:05 AM »
He's one of them, really nothing about him that makes me wanna listen to more than 15 seconds of his music,

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <-----Better Music Than Drakes  8)
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 06:33:56 AM »
yeah 12 seconds actually...lol

He's one of them, really nothing about him that makes me wanna listen to more than 15 seconds of his music,

http://www.myspace.com/miclordzmusic <-----Better Music Than Drakes  8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

westside159

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2010, 06:16:29 AM »
he aint no rapper he is a pop singer

cant feel a rich kid from toronto like that , claiming to be this and that bs

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2010, 11:29:18 AM »
Yeah females truly fucked up rap music. 

Yeah, to an extent, but there's plenty of guys that are super into him as well. He's certainly not someone I listen to and think "Wow that was awful" but the hype surrounding him is ridiculous.

yeah, i can bump some of his music, along with other mainstream artists.

but i think i've come to the conclusion that Drake & Lil' Wayne are just personalities most people would want to be.

get bitches whenever, super "swaggerful", etc. & they make average music & people just want to be them, so they catch on & there music is catchy, it's nothing that makes you stand back & say "whoa!".

but it's all good, can't hate on them too much, we'd all do it too; plus Drake has always been the way he's been when he came into the game, so he hasn't sold out lol.

Id wanna have Waynes money...wouldnt wanna be HIM.  First, there isnt one ounce of me that would ever wanna be famous.  Rich, yeah. Famous? Hell naw.  Plus, when you see Wayne...."genius" isnt exactly the word that comes to mind.  So Im assumin his ass will be completely broke within 5 years of retirement

The reason him, and those like him are big? Bitches.  Plain and simple. Bitches come in many forms....not just female. But bitches (male or female) are the biggest purchasers of rap music nowadays.  They know absolutely shit about rap music. So their level of expectations on a rapper are pretty low.  Just that the beat is good and the person sort of looks like part.  A solid beat = a star rapper.  Most Bitches cant even distinguish between the beatmaker/producer and the rapper.  So they start to like Lil Wayne cus the beat is good on their favorite radio song.  And boom...Wayne sells millions.  Good for him...he should make his money.  But its the reason the quality of rap music on the radio is at an all time low.  Bitches.

I dont agree, ive been listening to hip hop since around 92, i know my hip hop very well, im a musician/beatmaker producer and i can enjoy Drake and Wayne music for what it is.
If im listening to lil Wayne or Drake its because i wanna listen to a certain style im feeling more chill.
One day i might wanna jam out some more lyrical shit and jam out Nas or some gangsta shit and throw on mobb deep.
Your saying that people who listen to wayne dont know hip hop but i would challenge anyone to challenge about hip hop or music in general.

BITCH! lol j/k

Heres my thing. Yeah ive been into hip hop....really since the Fresh Prince was still makin tapes (yeah, tapes lol).  I remember the first tape I ever bought was Fresh Prince's "Rock The House".  So Ive watched the shit progress through the years.  And for me, its pretty sickening. Im not gonna say that there isnt any good rap music anymore...cus thats just some shit bitter old school people say about new music.  But for me, I listen to the content a lot.  Im focusin on the rapper themselves.  The beat is the beat and you can throw damn near any garbage rapper on a hot beat and make a hit.  But the average rap fan nowadays doesnt seperate the two.  When a hot new single hits the radio...and the beat is smashin...the average rap fan doesnt know enough about rap MUSIC to say...."yeah the beat is off the chain...but the rapper sucks".  They just say..."I love that new Lil Wayne song, he's an amazing rapper" lol.  Its because the fan base has changed over the years.  The rappers/music will reflect the fan base.  So when 13 yr old girls are your number 1 buyers...you make music that appeals to them.  13 yr old girls dont give a shit if you are actually a good rapper.  Only if there is a catchy hook and they can shake their lil asses to the beat. 

The reason I say its gotten bad nowadays is because at one point, rap had to appeal to actual RAP fans.  People who were actually INTO rap music.  The bar was higher for the rappers then.  Eventually it started crossing over and mixing with R&B and Pop music.  Good for the rappers paydays.  But it meant that you were now dilluting the rap fan base with R&B and Pop fans. The bar lowered for the rappers themselves.  Think about it. Now more then ever, it seems like knowledgeable rap fans understand that the best RAPPERS...arent even the ones making all the money and all over the TV.  The marketable ones are.  Thats a damn shame...

You.  Youre an exception lol
preach +1
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 07:11:55 AM »
True story.
i agree i think he's a watered icey version of devin the dude.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 07:14:05 AM »
drake tries too hard and he acts like wayne...thinks hes the best singer/rapper alive.....jus like 50 said to wayne hes a whore for bein on every record
thats what drake is doin....
Cube

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »