Author Topic: Details revealed about Drake's 'Thank Me Later' album...working W/ Dre & Em ?  (Read 723 times)

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Ace Burpee was one of the selected individuals who were invited to get the initial crack at Drake’s highly anticipated debut, Thank Me Later, at Drake’s Toronto listening session. Peep the details below:

1) There’s a song on the disc called “Fireworks” that has the greatest beat ever. Drake has this sidekick producer called 40, and he’s talented. I met him as well this afternoon and he’s also a good kid. He’s about to be very, very busy. “Fireworks” has a hook on it, courtesy of Kings of Leon. It’s catchy.
2) There is a Kanye West–produced track on the album that comes with a story. The track was made by Kanye for Beyonce, but Drake really wanted it so he wrote her a handwritten letter asking if he could use it. She read it and thought it was sweet and e–mailed him to give her permission. It’s a great track.
3) There’s a Jay–Z/Drake track that he played for us – minus Jay’s verse. Jay–Z doesn’t let anyone hear his stuff before it comes out. Drake claims it is the greatest verse Jay’s ever done. (Presumably, this is their collaboration titled “Light Up”.)
4) I think the final track on the album is called “Thank Me Now” or something. He played us a recorded verse then did another one live and it was one of the best. Really cool.
5) He sings on a bunch of tracks on the album.
6) Timbaland has a beat on the album. The album is not completed just yet as this Saturday, Drake will be in L.A. doing a track with Dr. Dre and Eminem.
Thank Me Later is currently slated for a May release.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Em & Dre is believable.

Em was on "Forever" & Em has Dre.

Drake also said Eminem & him talked before the Grammys.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Em & Dre is believable.

Em was on "Forever" & Em has Dre.

Drake also said Eminem & him talked before the Grammys.

I'm interested in hearing what these guys can come up with, should be good  8)

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is great news. Can't wait to hear the finished album, especially the Jay-Z track.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

ikke

Hopefully Jome will be willing to cut out drake on this as well.

Dogg Ly Dogg

Sounds promising as hell  8)

Invincible

Still not interested. A Timbaland and a Kanye beat aren't what they used to be. And I can't see Dre giving out a dope beat to Drake.

Matty

drake = a waste of any dre beat.

Invincible

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Smh at the hate for Drake, when you haven't even heard the song. Look what he did with that Khalil beat...

Matty

Smh at the hate for Drake, when you haven't even heard the song. Look what he did with that Khalil beat...

prefer the instrumental ;D

Invincible

Didn't like that either. As I said

drake = a waste of any beat.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fear>> The One  & Cuckoo

That's aimed at Matty's Slaughterhouse nuttlicking persona   :P

Invincible

Fear>> The One  & Cuckoo

That's aimed at Matty's Slaughterhouse nuttlicking persona   :P

:D

Don't like either Cuckoo or Fear. The One is definitely a better song than Fear, it was just mixed awfully.