Author Topic: Drama Continues for Death Row  (Read 1803 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: Drama Continues for Death Row
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
Suge isn't doing anything right now, should just give Death Row back to him

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
I'll support a Group Buy.

25,000 shares priced at $1,000 each

Everyone who buys a share will receive 320K Mp3s and WAVs of everything in the vault and the 2Pac Option Album tracks. Then we work out a deal with Afeni for the Pac Option Album to recoup part of our $1,000 a share..

Make a little cash selling back the masters to all the original artists and Suge Publishing revenues..

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

StevenQBosell

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
.... I don't even know who I should root for. It seems like the choices are incompetent or ego-maniacal....

I think that sums up this WA/Deathrow situation at this point.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »

8)

~Loyalty Is Everything~

love33

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »
Here's what they said in a short summary:

1) The Canadian courts acknowledged the company is 66% Thompson-So's Investment Group (New Solutions Ovenden), Lara Lavi (Very Juicy Entertainment) owns 34%

2) Although Lavi lost majority ownership in Canadian courts, she is taking New Solutions Ovenden to court in New York claiming that:

a) The corporate documents were never finalized (i.e. the distribution of ownership, which was upheld in Canadian court)
b) New Solutions added toxic debts from their other bad investments onto Death Row lumping into one big debt
c) She is the majority owner in Death Row Records

3) New Solutions Ovenden states the company is in bankruptcy approximately $23 - $25 million and want to sell the company and all the masters/material to whoever wants to "step up to the table"

4) There are missing masters and recordings which were lost, destroyed, or stolen by former artists

5) There are legal complications hanging over the company such as a lawsuit pending with Dr. Dre, legal questions as to whether Death Row is binded to abide by an old agreement to release Dre's material (both production & vocals) or if that agreement was voided.  There are questions with the Tupac material as to whether the material has to be signed off or co-released with the Afeni Shakur estate or if it was voided upon the original bankruptcy

What this means:

If the U.S. courts in Delaware and New York do not agree on the ruling in Canada, this could mean a long holdup in the court system.

New Solutions plans on selling the label so there will ultimately be a new owner of Death Row unless Lavi wins a difficult series of court battles

The courts will have to give a clear ruling on the rights of the company to release material by Dre, Tupac, and other former artists and whether or not they have to pay them and if the old agreements are valid  (Suge Publishing was not required to pay the artists he owned publishing on who were no longer with the label)  -- Until there is a clear ruling on this situation, this is a toxic investment

It's already a proven bad investment as the company was purchased for $18 million and lost $5-$7 million currently

kuruptDPG

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 07:39:30 AM »

and then he'll do nothing with it lol

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »
The label was better with lara lavi. Id force my cock into her ass too. Shes a milf. John payne sucks elephant balls.
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »
Danny Boy is dropping next month so they can still put out the music, just gimme Untouchable and that Pac album and im good.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
bah who cares, they dont have anything left that we havent heard anyways. thanks for those 2-3 albums. well worth it 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »
the sales were higher than i expected

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

woof

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
how much?

Amid the infighting, Death Row managed to get only two albums and a box-set collection of songs to the market. The first was a remastered version of Dre's The Chronic, while the second was a rarities collection from Snoop Dogg. Neither was a huge commercial success — Thompson-So says The Chronic sold 50,000 copies in 2009, while Snoop Dogg's album sold only 30,000.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
Here's what they said in a short summary:

1) The Canadian courts acknowledged the company is 66% Thompson-So's Investment Group (New Solutions Ovenden), Lara Lavi (Very Juicy Entertainment) owns 34%

2) Although Lavi lost majority ownership in Canadian courts, she is taking New Solutions Ovenden to court in New York claiming that:

a) The corporate documents were never finalized (i.e. the distribution of ownership, which was upheld in Canadian court)
b) New Solutions added toxic debts from their other bad investments onto Death Row lumping into one big debt
c) She is the majority owner in Death Row Records

3) New Solutions Ovenden states the company is in bankruptcy approximately $23 - $25 million and want to sell the company and all the masters/material to whoever wants to "step up to the table"

4) There are missing masters and recordings which were lost, destroyed, or stolen by former artists

5) There are legal complications hanging over the company such as a lawsuit pending with Dr. Dre, legal questions as to whether Death Row is binded to abide by an old agreement to release Dre's material (both production & vocals) or if that agreement was voided.  There are questions with the Tupac material as to whether the material has to be signed off or co-released with the Afeni Shakur estate or if it was voided upon the original bankruptcy

What this means:

If the U.S. courts in Delaware and New York do not agree on the ruling in Canada, this could mean a long holdup in the court system.

New Solutions plans on selling the label so there will ultimately be a new owner of Death Row unless Lavi wins a difficult series of court battles

The courts will have to give a clear ruling on the rights of the company to release material by Dre, Tupac, and other former artists and whether or not they have to pay them and if the old agreements are valid  (Suge Publishing was not required to pay the artists he owned publishing on who were no longer with the label)  -- Until there is a clear ruling on this situation, this is a toxic investment

It's already a proven bad investment as the company was purchased for $18 million and lost $5-$7 million currently

great post, depressing read though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 01:45:15 AM »
how much?

Amid the infighting, Death Row managed to get only two albums and a box-set collection of songs to the market. The first was a remastered version of Dre's The Chronic, while the second was a rarities collection from Snoop Dogg. Neither was a huge commercial success — Thompson-So says The Chronic sold 50,000 copies in 2009, while Snoop Dogg's album sold only 30,000.
remember when people said that re-releasing the Chronic was a bad idea?