Author Topic: Another Philly mc for Roc A fella  (Read 193 times)

Myrealname

Another Philly mc for Roc A fella
« on: December 03, 2002, 06:13:55 AM »
"He's the Roc's latest star in waiting. You've probably seen his video, "One for Peedi Crakk," on BET, but many of you may be wondering who exactly is Peedi Crakk. For starters, Peedi got his name after spitting a rhyme about the film "Carlito's Way." "I said a line like 'Peedi Crakko like Vinny Blanco from the Bronx,'" explains Peedi, who continued, "ever since then my man started callin me that, and then just cut it short."

Peedi, a 22 year old native of North Philly, has been rhyming since his early teens and in his own words he feels he knew he was going to get signed, saying "I probably destroyed everybody that rapped in Philly and it was a process of elimination type thing."

That process of elimination was aided by Anthony Farlow, who recruited Peedi to Rocafella, and is now his manager. Now eight months into his stay on Roc, Peedi has nothing but great feelings about the company, saying Damon Dash has probably shown him the most love out of anybody.

"The CEO, that's my homey, he's the coolest boss I've ever met in my life. He let me do what I want to do. As far as my album there wasn't no pattern to it, he listened to a few songs I did already and pulled me to the side and told me 'do whatever you gotta do to make it hot.' That was the best thing I coulda heard from him."

On his album, which will probably be out next summer, expect to hear some new names pop up. "I'm workin with everybody, anybody that's creative, I don't give a fuck what your name is. I don't give a fuck about Timbaland, or Swizz Beatz, they're cool, but it's like everybody tryin to direct you to that. That's cool, but there's so much other talent out there that's gettin looked over."

Some of that looked over talent that Peedi will be rockin the mic with will be Caviar, C-Sun, and Black Chill, who also worked on Eve's album. Peedi will also be showing his hometown love as Philly's own Samaad and Bizzo will be handling some of the production on his album.

The current single, "One for Peedi Crack," was actually done a while ago, with different artists. "D. Dot did 'One for Peedi.' I did that song two years ago and Cam'Ron heard it and Cam was like 'Crakk I'ma do that song with you,' then a lotta bullshit politic happened to it."

When it comes to politics, that's something most in the industry worry about. Rocafella wanted to have a month (this past October) where they released new albums from new artists, but it didn't go according to plan, as albums ended up pushed back. Peedi's mindset won't let things like that get to him, though, as he explains "I'm so confident at what I do, man, it doesn't bother me. I look at how much I've progressed in this little bit of time, past other artists on the label. I got so much, I just believe in myself. It takes a lot to worry me."

Ever confident, the ultimate goal Peedi has set for himself in this industry is a simple one, an award's speech. "I gotta receive an award. If I can get up there and thank somebody, that's it for me. A Grammy, a VMA, something."

Who knows, when it comes to awards, maybe someday soon we'll see "One for Peedi Crakk." (hhso.com)

http://www.ballerstatus.net/audio/crakk.ram

What's your feelings about this new roc a fella mc ?