Author Topic: (top 10?) best religous movies  (Read 938 times)

Don Seer

(top 10?) best religous movies
« on: December 03, 2002, 06:20:10 AM »
(to be followed by (top 10?)  political ones when we've thrashed this out)

my #1 the controversial 'Life of Brian' from the Monty Python crew.

IMDB entry : http://us.imdb.com/Title?0079470

my #2 Stigmata http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0145531

"Father Andrew Kiernan (Gabriel Byrne), a researcher of miracles on behalf of the Vatican, must discover the truth behind hairdresser Frankie Paige (Patricia Arquette), who exhibits the Stigmata, the physical wounds Christ received from his crucifixion. His investigation is riddled with questions as he is torn between helping Frankie and revealing the discovery of a long-lost Gospel that would spell disaster for the future of the Catholic church."

my #3 Malcom X as played by Denzel http://us.imdb.com/Title?0104797

ps

Maybe we could have a vote or something once we have a collection of suggestions

« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 06:26:55 AM by Overseer »

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
Re:(top 10?) best religous movies
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 10:47:28 AM »
For the list:

Ben Hur
End of Days
Monty Python / Holy Grail (might as well if you're listing LoB)
Bedazzled
The 10 Commandments

Also, if you want to count non monotheistic religions you've got loads more to choose from. Stargate, All the films about ancient Greeks (Jason and the Argonaughts etc.) etc. Do you want to list them too?

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 06:21:42 PM »
My favorite is the ten commandments.  Don't really know of any more public ones that I really feel, theres a couple mormon ones that rock but they're not official releases or anything.  

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 06:23:51 PM »
#1- Malcolm X-  Best movie ever made.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 06:26:06 PM »
Terminator
T2
Predator
Pulp Fiction
Blow
Freddy got fingered
Resevoir Dogs
Scarface
Showgirls
Casper the ghost

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 06:31:36 PM »

are you saying that becuase of the quality of the movie or becuase it's about a muslum?

to say that X is the best movie ever is like saying a michael W SMith (christian singer) album is the best ever simply cuz he's christian  or saying POD is the best rock band ever cuz they're christian

in all fairness Citizen Kane The Godfather Apacolypse now Ragin Bull and Casablanca are SUPERIOR films to X

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 06:48:15 PM »

are you saying that becuase of the quality of the movie or becuase it's about a muslum?

to say that X is the best movie ever is like saying a michael W SMith (christian singer) album is the best ever simply cuz he's christian  or saying POD is the best rock band ever cuz they're christian

in all fairness Citizen Kane The Godfather Apacolypse now Ragin Bull and Casablanca are SUPERIOR films to X

I'm sorry I don't agree with your instructor in College Film Class 101.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 07:09:34 PM »
^^ Basically; infinite doesn't agree with anybody about anything, that's why classical music is all trash and Quincy Jones isn't even on the level of beats by the pound.  Anything white people would like, HE WOULDNT because he wouldn't want us all to think he's a redneck, or a hillbilly, or a racist (gasp) so he's so ignorant, he accidentally overdoes it, and hates anything that would reveal his culture.  Peace~

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 07:10:09 PM »

I'm sorry I don't agree with your instructor in College Film Class 101.

who said i'veever taken those classes?

my speciality is music bud i study that yo...

BUT anyone who knows anything about cinema  knows whats up

what you're saying  about x is just as ignorant and the exact equivalant to an 11 year old girl syaing ja rule is the best rapper no matter what .....there's a difference between personal preference and common scence..im sorry you don't know the difference
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 07:12:31 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 07:15:59 PM »
^^ Basically; infinite doesn't agree with anybody about anything, that's why classical music is all trash and Quincy Jones isn't even on the level of beats by the pound.  Anything white people would like, HE WOULDNT because he wouldn't want us all to think he's a redneck, or a hillbilly, or a racist (gasp) so he's so ignorant, he accidentally overdoes it, and hates anything that would reveal his culture.  Peace~

lol yeah so i've noticed

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 07:20:35 PM »
I don't think it's one of the 10 best, but I thought Dogma was fairly entertaining.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 07:36:11 PM »
I don't think it's one of the 10 best, but I thought Dogma was fairly entertaining.

see that's what i'm talking about knowing the difference between personal preference and common scence man i can applaud that

ps i liked dogma too

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 07:51:45 PM »

Me too, lol.  I thought having Alanis Morrisette as God was hilarious.  I went with some friends (other mormons) and this girl I know tha'ts really uptight said it was horrible, she didn't like that they portrayed God as being interested in flowers, and doing handstands and falling on his head, HAHAHA.  My opinion was, If I could be God, that's EXACTLY what I'd do, I'd just roll in the grass and stuff like a kid.  LOL.  I'd never thought of it like that till I saw the movie, though.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 09:01:18 PM »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2002, 09:04:44 PM »
oh yeah one more thing

who the fuck are you 2 to jump on infinites back cuz he stated his opinion? is infinite the president of the academy awards? is his opinion the established rule of nature? he stated his opinion...and you guys jumped on it..then u claim he's closeminded....no beef guys, but i call it how i see it...and what i see is str8 close mindness

wtf?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll