Author Topic: (top 10?) best religous movies  (Read 946 times)

Trauma-san

Re:(top 10?) best religous movies
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2002, 11:23:26 PM »
Like said, the same reason you would probably jump all over some body and say they're an idiot for saying nelly is the greatest rapper of all time when they'd never heard any of the greats.  Ignorance is appalling when it's intolerant.  

On another note, Infinite is also a bitch, who's openly attacked my religion on numerous occasions, so I'll tend to view him negatively, thankyouverymuch.  

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 01:55:22 AM »
the funniest thing in dogma was the updated statue of jesus.
you can actually buy these online

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 02:17:54 AM »
Yeah, my friend got mad at that too.  I thought it was awesome, LOL I don't see anything offensive about it at all.  She thinks harry potter promotes witchcraft, also, might I add  ::)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 02:24:56 AM »
Clash of the Titans, I watched that all the time when i was a kid.
The Exorcist (even though nowadays it looks kinda shitty)
Is Malcolm X a religious film?
And Stigmata is one of the worst movies ever made in my opinion.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 02:33:16 AM »
I dunno about worst ever, but yeah, I thought it was pretty lame, too.  I get sick of the whole "oh lets make a movie about how corrupt the catholic church is" vibe.  It had some interesting parts too, but way too cynical.  

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 02:48:14 AM »
oh yeah one more thing

who the fuck are you 2 to jump on infinites back cuz he stated his opinion? is infinite the president of the academy awards? is his opinion the established rule of nature? he stated his opinion...and you guys jumped on it..then u claim he's closeminded....no beef guys, but i call it how i see it...and what i see is str8 close mindness

wtf?

Thanks brother Tech.  I mean... what is so suprising about an American Muslim enjoying a movie about one of the most popular American Muslims that ever lived?  

I don't know why that bothers them so much.  Anyway, thanks, peace.  

Murrow

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2002, 04:43:58 PM »
How does religion play in T1 & T2?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2002, 05:47:35 PM »
How does religion play in T1 & T2?

I am Ahnold.  You bow down to da mighty Ahnold.  And its not a tumah, its not a tumah.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2002, 11:16:18 PM »
oh yeah one more thing

who the fuck are you 2 to jump on infinites back cuz he stated his opinion? is infinite the president of the academy awards? is his opinion the established rule of nature? he stated his opinion...and you guys jumped on it..then u claim he's closeminded....no beef guys, but i call it how i see it...and what i see is str8 close mindness

wtf?

Thanks brother Tech.  I mean... what is so suprising about an American Muslim enjoying a movie about one of the most popular American Muslims that ever lived?  

I don't know why that bothers them so much.  Anyway, thanks, peace.  

there's nothing wrong with saying that X is your favorite movie.....there's just something wrong with saying something blanket and ignorant as "it's the best movie ever"

hell my favorite movie of all time is probably "bullet" (the mustang movie) but i know better than to say "it's the best movie ever"

the war disc by ice cube is amongst one of my all time fav albums but i'd never put it in a top 100 albums of all time list (unless it was my all time fav list)

it just all boils down to common scense yo

just becuase YOU like it doesn't mean it's good and just becuase YOU DON"T like it doesn't mean it's bad .....i hate the way the beatles sing but they're great artists no matter what i think .....theres fact and opinion you just got to know where the lines end and start

and quit trying to twist this into a "i'm an anit muslum"

if you said the all time best movie was juice i'd be doing the same
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 11:19:41 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

budsmokeronly

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2002, 12:05:49 AM »
^^^^^ What the hell is wrong with saying a movie is the best ever and how is it ignorance?  It is all in your own taste and opinion.  So they think malcolm X is the best movie ever, big deal.  Who the hell is to judge how a movie is one of the best ever or not.  Just because it isn't on some "official" list or something.  Seriously I don't understand what is wrong with saying that Malcolm X is the best movie ever.  Now I have never seen the movie, but it is all in your own oppinion.  I don't have a favorite movie, but I think doggystyle is the best album ever.  I am sure over at least 5 billion people would disagree with me.  Does that mean I am wrong?  Hell no.  Who is to judge this shit?  Judge it for yourself.  If u don't think it is the best ever than that is your oppinion.  They got their oppinions and you got yours, so just leave it at that.

Pillow

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2002, 12:08:39 AM »
Jesus of nazareth
king of kings
the end days
mark of the beast
10 commandements

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2002, 10:46:15 AM »
^^^^^ What the hell is wrong with saying a movie is the best ever and how is it ignorance?  It is all in your own taste and opinion.  So they think malcolm X is the best movie ever, big deal.  Who the hell is to judge how a movie is one of the best ever or not.  Just because it isn't on some "official" list or something.  Seriously I don't understand what is wrong with saying that Malcolm X is the best movie ever.  Now I have never seen the movie, but it is all in your own oppinion.  I don't have a favorite movie, but I think doggystyle is the best album ever.  I am sure over at least 5 billion people would disagree with me.  Does that mean I am wrong?  Hell no.  Who is to judge this shit?  Judge it for yourself.  If u don't think it is the best ever than that is your oppinion.  They got their oppinions and you got yours, so just leave it at that.

you're missing the point

there's a difference between knowing and liking

if i said the clippers are the best team in the league point blank period right now....how ridiculous would that statement be

if i said the Mavs are the best team in the NBA today.....that logically makes scence

if i said master p is just a genius on the mic and he's just flat out the deepest and truest artist.....that would be my opinion but how riduculous and ignorant to the rest of the rappers in the industry would that make me be

if i said rakim or kool g rap was the best lyracist.....that would be very logical .....it'd still be an opinion but with more logic and fact behind it

the movie malcome X is a good movie, spike lee did a good job directing it, and denzel put on a good performance .....but that's all that it had going for it

if someone came  in saying "restless is the best album ever" i know  everyone here would be ripping that person apart . true restless had a good artist and executive producer (like malcome x) and is widely liked but it can't fuck with the classics

and again i'll say this one of my favorite movies is the Goonies but it's not even one of the 100 greatest movies .......theres a difference between common logic and personal bias

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2002, 02:04:10 PM »
you know what i kinda feel what u sayin jake, u make sense
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2002, 02:18:31 PM »
No.  Jake makes no sense.  Malcolm X was proffesionally done.  Every last scene is a masterpiece.  Spike Lee took no shorts in making this movie, and he didn't try to make it some hollywood B.S. like they did to Ali.  

budsmokeronly

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2002, 03:19:26 PM »
and again i'll say this one of my favorite movies is the Goonies but it's not even one of the 100 greatest movies .......theres a difference between common logic and personal bias

not even one of the 100 greatest movies ever?  Who the hell is the judge of that?  Just because someone makes a list of the 100 top movies ever that means that it is real?  C'mon man, don't tell me u fall into that crap.  Infinite thinks Malcolm X is the best movie ever.  So he believes that.  Just because you don't think it is, means that it isn't.  Or just because it is not on some fucking list.