Author Topic: (top 10?) best religous movies  (Read 916 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:(top 10?) best religous movies
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2002, 01:12:24 AM »
and again i'll say this one of my favorite movies is the Goonies but it's not even one of the 100 greatest movies .......theres a difference between common logic and personal bias

not even one of the 100 greatest movies ever?  Who the hell is the judge of that?  Just because someone makes a list of the 100 top movies ever that means that it is real?  C'mon man, don't tell me u fall into that crap.  Infinite thinks Malcolm X is the best movie ever.  So he believes that.  Just because you don't think it is, means that it isn't.  Or just because it is not on some fucking list.  

there is a difference between personal bias and common logic....it's not my fault that you and infinate fail to see that fine line

and infinate...tell me logically how malcom x is a better directed movie than apacolypse now? true x was a pretty good movie but don't make blanket statements when i doubt you can even tell me who francis ford copala is

and thank tech for seeing where i'm coming from here

i'm not mad at all here , i'm amused and tickled to death that someone would seriously say something like this....to rule out all of the movies that ever were in cinema (which im sure he's never seen even a quater of the heavy classics) and say something like that....it's amusing it's like saying "the shadiest one" by Dub c is just the greatest hip hop album

anyways i think that we should be talking about religious movies here not the so called "greatest movie of all time"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2002, 02:46:57 AM »
the point is. if malcom X were'nt about a muslim, but say for example was about a christian infinite wouldnt give 2 shits about it.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2002, 04:06:25 PM »
^ yes...if thats true..so what?

Malcolm X is Infinite and Mines fav movie because it applies to us
there is a bond...i mean when you have a FAVOURITE MOVIE, there is a reason why that particular movie has special merit with you

A movie about a converted american muslim will OBVIOUSLY appeal too a converted american muslim...
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2002, 04:05:55 AM »
Nice thread Seer's. Religion is an interesting subject when it comes to films because alot of films have religious themes but at times are hidden if you know what I mean. Like, Films like "Malcolm X", "10 Commandments" etc have strong and obvious religious themes but there are others like "Lord Of The Rings" etc that have not so visible religious themes but their still there when you think about it.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.