Author Topic: lo repent! the earth is square  (Read 275 times)

Don Seer

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
Re:lo repent! the earth is square
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 10:35:06 AM »
LOL! I can't believe somone has written an essay on that. That must be a Friday afternoon job.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 01:05:36 PM »
lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 01:19:02 PM »
lmao
"Can I believe in the round Earth and still get into heaven?"

No.  As you know, if you do not accept every word in the bible as literally true, you are not really accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and are doomed to burn in Hell for all eternity.  God won't let any half-assed believers into heaven.

"What about all those pictures from space, showing that the Earth is round?"

Just more proof that Hollywood is in league with the devil

LOL...@dungens n dragons witchcraft..

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 02:42:43 PM »
LMAO^^^

Pillow

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 05:54:24 PM »
lol thats some of the dumbest shit i have ever read, got some dumb mo fuckers out there on tha real
*shakes his head*

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 06:31:16 PM »
Since he took the entire bible literally, I'll take his entire essay literally, and call him a dumbass.  The world is a sphere.  

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 06:32:30 PM »
The world is a sphere.  

Thats what you think!

HAW HAW HAW!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 06:43:20 PM »
what a dumbass ....

a basketball can be divided in 4ths and have four pinpointed sides

and a basketball can have 'ends' ....basketballs arn't countinuous

i don't know how you can get that the bible says the earth is flat either....cuz theres a verse somehwere (i forgot where)  that even says something about it being sphearicle

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 07:07:18 PM »
What it breaks down to is, people that aren't religious think the whole idea is silly, and we're all idiots for believing a big fairy tale about a man in the sky.  So; they think they're intelligent by making 'funny' witty comments about it... but in reality, the intelligent person would realize his ego isn't worth worshipping.  

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 07:23:17 PM »
What it breaks down to is, people that aren't religious think the whole idea is silly, and we're all idiots for believing a big fairy tale about a man in the sky.  So; they think they're intelligent by making 'funny' witty comments about it... but in reality, the intelligent person would realize his ego isn't worth worshipping.  

I hope this wasn't directed at me...

All I was attempting to do was bring some much needed humor to this forum by simply sugesting that I belived the earth was square.  
Guess I failed...  :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 07:49:36 PM »
No, no it wasn't at you.  Peace~

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 08:33:55 PM »
^ DAMN!

*hopes of englewood and trauma infighting dashed*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2002, 07:50:32 AM »

That's true one's own ego is not worth worshipping, but the human spirit is.  Many people look at non-believers and say oh how arrogant they are. But most believers rarely consider the implications non-believers place on their existance.  

I don't find believers to be idiots at all in fact I have many of my own beliefs.  However, many believers seem to think quite negatively of non believers but if you consider your statement quite the opposite may possibly be true.  You implied non-believers worship their own ego, but consider perhaps its the opposite.  The believers worship their own ego while the nonbelievers do not.  Now I know there are people in the world that deny the existance of god simply to tell everyone else how much smarter they are.  But forget those people for now.  

Why do I say believers are more egotistical than nonbelievers.  Consider that being a believer add an additional sense of meaning to one's life.  This gives believers the freedom to pursue life in what ever form they wish provided they follow the rules of their religion.  For believers life can be looked at as of less importance because true enjoyment comes in the after life.  So in this sense believers can indulge their own ego in the form as adhereing to whatever set of beliefs they choose while on this earth.    

However, for a rational nonbeliever its much different.  Such a person cannot be so arrogant as to assume his beliefs are proper and correct since if there is only one existance he is only given one opportunity to enjoy life.  A nonbeliever cannot become arrogant of himself since if he does he sacrifices the one existance he was granted for inborn ideals that may or may not be correct.  Nonbelief is a quite humbling experience since the yardstick used to measure success in life is the accomplishments of the human spirit and in the course of human existance there have been many quite impressive such accomplishments.   A believer on the other hand has a shorter yardstick and that is adherance to the principles of their religion.  

Just trying to point out the other side.  

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2002, 08:17:42 AM »
^^ werd  ;)