Author Topic: God's Son will push huge numbers...  (Read 214 times)

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
God's Son will push huge numbers...
« on: December 03, 2002, 10:39:20 AM »
Damn the streets are fiending for this shit after Jay's dissapointing album...This is gonna sell 300,000-400,000 the first week and probably end up with 1.5-2 million albums...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Jome

Re:God's Son will push huge numbers...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 11:10:07 AM »
LoL, somehow that sounded like a Nas-quote.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 03:15:32 PM »
i think bootleggin n releasin lost tapes so close to this will effect sales no doubt.....it aint bout figures y'all....its about the music

oh i finally copped blueprint 2..........shits real mixed man......its like got sum bangers on it, but then is like sum real weak tracks on it...............blueprint was alot better.......blueprint 2 is kinda weak-ish...........IMO

peace

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 05:40:18 PM »
Damn the streets are fiending for this shit after Jay's dissapointing album...This is gonna sell 300,000-400,000 the first week and probably end up with 1.5-2 million albums...

Im not saying its going to or wont push those kinda numbers...but the Lost Tapes had very little stamina on the charts.  And Made You Look was DOA as a single.  What is your rational for your belief?
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 07:44:02 PM »

Im not saying its going to or wont push those kinda numbers...but the Lost Tapes had very little stamina on the charts.  And Made You Look was DOA as a single.  What is your rational for your belief?

Made You Look wasn't made for the radio, this album is just for the real hiphop heads...It probably won't sell 2 million, closer to 1-1.5 but NYC is really thirsting for this shit cause reaction to Jigga's album have been mixed...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 09:35:33 PM »

Made You Look wasn't made for the radio, this album is just for the real hiphop heads...It probably won't sell 2 million, closer to 1-1.5 but NYC is really thirsting for this shit cause reaction to Jigga's album have been mixed...

Havent all Nas albums gone at least platinum?  Also-God's Son has gotten mixed reviews as well..and New York is only one market (albeit a big one).  Dont get your hopes on HUGE numbers..I predict 350,000 first week at the most..who knows-I could be wrong.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

teecee

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 10:03:13 PM »
Dont think NAs will sell as many as Jay Z as the albums are completely different.  People never seem to get this!  And as if Lost Tapes was gonna sell anything,  a bunch of tracks everyone had, and no video, and you think it is supposed to sell?  That album was for true nas fans, and while it iwas a commercial failure it was an incredible album and Nas third best ever behind illmatic and IWW....

As for the reviews, noone in their right mind thinks the NAS is 5 mics, but they are giving it better reviews than Blueprint 2.  Still, no way this sells like Blueprint 2, that had a huge opening week and their are still potentially huge second singles....and i dont think Bonnie and CLyde 03 is as big as its gonna get.  While it is a wack song, its commercial appeal cant be denied.  NAS will likely sell 250,000 first week, maybe 200,000.  Does this mean Jay;s album is better?  Likely not; if Nas wanted the sales he coulda had them by grabbing Ja Rule, Ashanti, IRv, and Trackmasters and he coulda sold like Jay.  I am happy he didnt go that route, and instead made a decent album.  peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2002, 02:21:45 AM »
I hope it does well, but I could care less what it sells aslong as it's released and I have a copy!

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.