Author Topic: I heard a funny rationalization the other day....  (Read 2391 times)

Sikotic™

I heard a funny rationalization the other day....
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »
....someone I had a talk with said that African-Americans should be thankful that slavery took place for the sheer fact that they have been exposed to Christianity and are not back in Africa worshiping some evil pagan witchcraft.

Opinions?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Muhfukka

Re: I heard a funny rationalization the other day....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:26:11 AM »
thats part of the colonial mentality. no matter what kind of bad is done, they are introducing the people to jesus and getting them into heaven so it balances it all out hahaha

ThaChamp

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:39 AM »
well i hope its not a white man cus witch craft has been worshiped for centuries in European countries before they came to the Americas

since back in the Med evil days

i know every own region had there own witch craft worshiping

a witch is a woman who sells her soul to the devil and a warlock is a man who sells himself to the devil
looking back at the Salem witch trials you can tell its all bullshit even that one nigger slave lady who they claimed to do voo doo and shit thats what popularized witch craft in America among white people back in those days during the slave era and she wasnt from Africa she was from Haiti... i forgot the nigger ladies name

but if you ask for my opinion there is no such thing

ThaChamp

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:35:44 AM »
as far as Christianity goes it plays no part in witch craft

you should really beat the shit out of the guy who said that shit cus the niggers that were doing witch craft back in those days were mainly slaves from Haiti and Latin countries

African Americans were more Indian like in such activities, and the white people classified any different ritual from Christianity "devil like" or "witch craft"

i mean you can play Native Americans into that shit too cus the white people did the same thing to them as they did to black people back in those days

ThaChamp

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
thats part of the colonial mentality. no matter what kind of bad is done, they are introducing the people to jesus and getting them into heaven so it balances it all out hahaha

your pretty much right about that also

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:46:06 AM »
....someone I had a talk with said that African-Americans should be thankful that slavery took place for the sheer fact that they have been exposed to Christianity and are not back in Africa worshiping some evil pagan witchcraft.

Opinions?

Religion is always the same bullshit, wether you believe in god or the Almighty Tree. Regarding this statement, complete nonsense, all Africans are either Christians or Muslims.
Not because of the slave trade but because of centuries of colonialism (Christianity). So in my opinion, the statement that this someone made is not only fucking ignorant but also wrong. I'm so glad that you never come across such people in Germany.

And AG: Nigger lady, seriously?

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

ThaChamp

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »

Opinions?

Religion is always the same bullshit, wether you believe in god or the Almighty Tree. Regarding this statement, complete nonsense, all Africans are either Christians or Muslims.
Not because of the slave trade but because of centuries of colonialism (Christianity). So in my opinion, the statement that this someone made is not only fucking ignorant but also wrong. I'm so glad that you never come across such people in Germany.

And AG: Nigger lady, seriously?

yeah that one nigger lady that did voo doo during the salem witch trials

dexter

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
sick

ikke

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
Isn't voodoo heavily influenced by christianity tho?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 02:51:30 PM »

Opinions?

And whites should be thankful for every black man that rapes and impregnates a white woman for reducing the risk of her child developing skin cancer.

ThaChamp

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »

no thats fuckin stupid

Fraxxx

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »

No, but Voodoo beliefs and practices were worked into Christian context by people from West-africa all over the Carribean and even (I believe) parts of the south of the U.S., New Orleans e.i. I guess that's kinda what you meant.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »
I always thought it was more of a blend from slaves not trying to give up their culture completely, which is a good thing.  It gives Louisiana the unique culture that only exists in that part of the World. 

Fraxxx

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
I always thought it was more of a blend from slaves not trying to give up their culture completely, which is a good thing.  It gives Louisiana the unique culture that only exists in that part of the World. 

Yeah, it's not nescessarily Voodoo but what slaves brought with them, animism, belief in ghosts and whatnot. I'm not trying to sound like they were more superstitious than western Christians, though.

Bananas

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 01:39:30 PM »
Were you talking with Soulja Boy?