Author Topic: Curriculum change in Texas  (Read 613 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Curriculum change in Texas
« on: March 16, 2010, 04:48:48 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html

Wow, just wow.  They wanted to get rid of Thurgood Marshall from the text books too lmao

thisoneguy360

Re: Curriculum change in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »
Texas's education standards as a whole is a complete joke.

Bananas

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
So disgusting

ikke

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:16:07 PM »
America is getting dumber then mac dre.

Bananas

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »

It's funny, this type of thing used to be indicative of American culture, and ignorant little kids in your country would laugh, except it's happening in your neck of the woods now. All throughout Europe, curriculums are changing soon and straying away from pure evolution teaching strategies. It's not coming from Christianity like in the states however, but from the increasing muslim population. If there's one thing an ultra liberal white European fears more than anything, it's being called a racist, so schools everywhere are afraid of inciting rage in the muslim community and easing off on teaching purely evolution, or as I like to call it, "the truth".
Thats right, smug pasty European smirk slowly fading...

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »
This made me laugh:

They also replaced the word “capitalism” throughout their texts with the “free-enterprise system.”

“Let’s face it, capitalism does have a negative connotation,” said one conservative member, Terri Leo. “You know, ‘capitalist pig!’ ”

Yeah right, the problem is just the name, so let's change it.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:42 PM »

It's funny, this type of thing used to be indicative of American culture, and ignorant little kids in your country would laugh, except it's happening in your neck of the woods now. All throughout Europe, curriculums are changing soon and straying away from pure evolution teaching strategies. It's not coming from Christianity like in the states however, but from the increasing muslim population. If there's one thing an ultra liberal white European fears more than anything, it's being called a racist, so schools everywhere are afraid of inciting rage in the muslim community and easing off on teaching purely evolution, or as I like to call it, "the truth".

First, I wasn't aware that you have to be "ultra liberal" for disliking to be called racist. Second, I don't see the connection between evolution and racism against Muslims. And I didn't notice a trend to easing off on teaching purely evolution, but I'm out of school for some time now.

ikke

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »

France has already banned the burka's and will most likely stop anything major from happening seein how they have almost the biggest influence within the EU.
The netherlands have Geert Wilders, basically a retard complaining about the islam but he should stop anything major from happening.

But indeed you're right, me and my friends were making some film for school where we would just stack a bunch of  religious books (including the koran) and lay some highly flamable fluid & a lighter next to them but the school stopped us because they were afraid of some muslimfags.
Reverse racism is a bitch, some police corpse here is only allowing non-natives & woman to get high possitions now.

Honestly I don't even give a fuck about europe, it's just as fucked up as any other part of the world, just in it's own way.

Bananas

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
Just saying, the ignorance of regressive teaching styles isn't only an American thing. The whole world has/is/will be full of and cater to the idiots, that is if you actively participate in it's "mainstream".

ikke

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
Just saying, the ignorance of regressive teaching styles isn't only an American thing. The whole world has/is/will be full of and cater to the idiots, that is if you actively participate in it's "mainstream".
I just tell it how I see it, I do the same if I read something similar that's happening over here..
I take in an outside position.

Like I said, every part of the world is fucked up in it's own way.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
Exactly what is wrong with the curriculum changes that Texas is making??? I actually support them 100%.

It is well known in America that text books have strong liberal biases.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »

Then explain why Texas has such a strong economy and people from all across America are flocking there to live. They can't be too stupid.....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

Then explain why Texas has such a strong economy and people from all across America are flocking there to live. They can't be too stupid.....
He said the educational system is a joke, not that Texas is stupid. Texas's strong economy probably has little to do with its education system. They can hire people from any state and it's strong economy has to do with it's low tax system.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »

Carlin said it best

Fraxxx

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »

Carlin said it best

Well put indeed!