Author Topic: Ice Cube: "I Am The West" Drops July 13th. Details Inside!!  (Read 9911 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Ice Cube: "I Am The West" Drops July 13th. Details Inside!!
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:33 AM »
http://icecube.com/users/icecube/blogs/227401

July 13th
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube

Mark it on your calendar. July 13th is the date I'm droppin' my record, "I AM THE WEST." The buzz is already in the streets. The minute I named my record, producers start sending me tracks. I got music from DJ Quik, Sir Jinx, EA Ski, Bangledesh and a few unknowns that I fuck wit. I listen to beats and see if they call my name. See if a song or hook will just spill out. I stop forcing lyrics just because I got a beat from a hot producer. If nothing comes out. No song will be made, no matter who does the beat. It's an honest process.

We spent all week working on our game plan for marketing and promoting this record. If we stay on schedule we'll be alright. Being independent is beautiful because we can do things "out the box" that record companies would usually frown at. Instead of working from a ready-made cookie-cutter marketing plan, we can tailor make a marketing plan specifically for me. I hate when rappers do dumb shit trying to sell a record. "Going on Regis & Kelly is not going to sell you hip-hop records!" Wrong crowd.

Last week wasn't that hectic for ya' boy. I had to go to the Federal Building on Wilshire to renew my passport. That's always fun. I fucked around and let my old one expire (slippin') and I was happy to get my hands on a new one. My whole family got passports just in case we need to get up out this crazy mothafucka one day. You should get one too.

This week is the video and photoshoot. We've been getting our shit cocked and loaded for that. I just found out that W.C. won't be with me at the car show in Dallas on the 21st of March. Instead, I'll have my son Doughboy there. He's rocked with me before so don't worry about nothing in the big D. I also heard that Snoop is going to be on the show. That's dope. We're suppose to do a after party from what I hear. Stand by for details.

My son made the All-Star team at his park. So I'll be up in a gym cheering him on and yelling at the refs.

I got alot of questions since my last blog. I'll answer a few.

What's up with these local MC's in L.A. who keep disrespecting me? They're just mad cause I don't fuck with they wack-ass. They ain't on my level, why should I waste my time. I don't even remember ever meeting these clowns or even being in the same room with any of 'em. They can't make a name for themselves so they need help from the O/G's. I refuse the throw'em a life line. Fuck'em. It ain't my job to make nobody famous. And for the record, I ain't scared of no nigga. Especially, no rappers....seriously people.

Age-ism in rap? Age-ism is everywhere folks. In the work place, in sports and of course in hip-hop. We are a out with the OLD in with the NEW world. But as we go through life we realize NEWER ain't always better. We find ourselves saying, "Back in the day, bah, bah, bah...." All young MC's should route for old MC's to have long careers. If you play us out, what kind of future do you have in hip-hop when you get 40?

Advice for young rappers: You gotta be hot on your block first, then your city, then your state, then your country, then the world. If you can't make your block notice you. The world is a tall task.

Shows in Canada? No shows are booked yet, but as the momentum builds on the record promoters will book me. If a promoter doesn't book me in your town. I probably won't get there. Call you local promoters and put the pressure on...and I'll be coming.

No Chilly Chill beats on this record.

Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.

Why is WC underrated? Who knows. Skills don't mean as much as they use to. But he's a true MC. Fame is overrated.

Raiders should not get rid of JaMarcus Russell. He'll be better this year.

Any raps on Palestinians and Jews? No, but I always tell people in interviews..."How can the Bloods and Crips stop shooting each other when the Palestinians and Jews can't?"

Peace out to the Worldwide Westside in Miami, France, Edmonton, Alabama, Minneapolis (no house next to Prince), Columbus OH, Alberta, North Carolina, Portland, Ethiopia, Bulgaria, Iran and Greece.

Keep it Gangsta fam,

Cube

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube: "I Am The West" Drops July 13th. Details Inside!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
Quik, Jinx & Ski - Fuck Yeah!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
 8)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »
LOL@the answer to the Mack 10 question.  I don't see One-O kissin' the pinky ring anytime soon unless he wants to enjoy a career boost.

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
props on the info
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »
ok now ski's on the album im hyped .. *bumps* ea ski feat. ice cube - earthquake
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »
looks like ice cube saw the allhiphop article  :stupid:

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.

bury the hatchet already and make us at least one more wsc track  8)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »

Which one?  The rumor article or Styles' interview with G Malone??

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »

the rumor article i think :P

Okka

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
Quik, Jinx & Ski - Fuck Yeah!

Damn, i really hope their beats will make the album. Cube on a Quik beat? All i can say is DAMN.

F-cisco

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »
LOL@the answer to the Mack 10 question.  I don't see One-O kissin' the pinky ring anytime soon unless he wants to enjoy a career boost.

No chance in hell. Suge and Dre never made peace either. I see this going the same route...

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »

the rumor article i think :P

My guess is Cube saw both.  I believe the scared reference was referring to the interview with G Malone when Glasses felt like Cube was scared when they met.  Either which way...this is interesting.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »

No chance in hell. Suge and Dre never made peace either. I see this going the same route...

Yeah I don't see this happening either but who knows.  Crazier shit has occurred.

Okka

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »
Who wouldn't wanna see Mack 10 back with Cube? I just don't think it will happen.