Author Topic: Mexico-bound bus overturns in Texas, killing 2 (lol @ the responses to this)  (Read 364 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
CAMPBELLTON, Texas – A bus headed for Mexico carrying 40 people overturned along a southern Texas highway on Tuesday, killing at least two people and sending at least 30 people to hospitals, officials said.

The accident happened around 10 a.m. on southbound Interstate 37, about 45 miles south of San Antonio, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Tom Vinger said. He said investigators suspect equipment failure may have caused the crash.

"The driver said she heard a loud pop and then lost control of the vehicle," Vinger told The Associated Press.

The bus came to rest on its side in the grassy median. Television footage showed people milling around outside the overturned bus, which had with debris and luggage strewn around it.

Some of the injuries were serious, Vinger said.

At least 30 people from the bus were taken to area hospitals.

Twenty-four passengers were in stable condition at South Texas Regional Medical Center in Atascosa County, hospital spokeswoman Danielle Flores said. One person taken there was later airlifted to a hospital in San Antonio, she said.

Two passengers were transported directly from the crash site to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, and at least four others were taken to University Hospital in San Antonio. Those patients' conditions were not immediately known.

The bus was carrying Mexican and American passengers, Vinger said.

It was headed from San Antonio to Matamoros, Mexico, near the U.S. border, with a planned stop in Falfurrias, Texas. The bus was operated by Americanos USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dallas-based Greyhound Lines Inc., said Bonnie Bastian, a spokeswoman for Greyhound's parent company, FirstGroup America.

"We are assisting local authorities with their investigation, and our top priorities are the passengers on board as well as our driver," she said.

Bastian said two buses have been dispatched to the accident scene from San Antonio to pick up uninjured passengers. One will take those who want to continue the trip to Mexico, and the other will carry those who want to return to San Antonio, she said.

Bastian said she did not have any information about the condition of the passengers or information about the driver.

"Right now our priority is to the passengers on the bus," Bastian said.

The National Transportation Safety Board said it has not determined whether it will investigate, agency spokesman Keith Holloway said. A spokeswoman with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration said the agency had just heard about the crash and was beginning to gather information.

And to imagine the carnage when, because of NAFTA obligations, that the Mexican semi's hauling produce and such are going to be traveling on our roads and highways from coast to coast and up into Canada. It'll be time for us to be very, very careful!!

Were building a fence to keep them out but, They can just jump on a bus and tour Texas ?

There is such a thing as legal Mexican's

I figured that a tragic event like this was going to draw out the usual boneheaded racist redneck remarks. Why don't you losers go back to your unemployment lines?

How do mexican tour buses operating illegaly keep crossing our borders? I think it is time for America to make Mexico our new state and call it Old Mexico. We need to help them be free as we can be.The only ones with guns in Mexico are the crooked cops,military and politicians.The people are sitting ducks and we do nothing for them. It is time for us to get involved

It's a FREE COUNTRY !

So exactly what are you Bebe and Simon saying? Can I detect some racial overtones? How would you feel if you yourself were the focus of such comments? And no I am not Mexican but an African American instead.

Such a generalized universal comment is rather assinine. Long haul truckers crossing the border will be held to USA standards and if you've traveled SUB standard Mexican highways both truckers and rather marvelous Tour Bus driver's hand and light signal "come on around" are much more courteous than US heavy footed, left lane hugging comparatives. This is a rarther lightly traveled I-37 weekday morning one of last and newest major interstates. We'll find an unusual reason for the overturn. Perhaps driver, perhaps equipment and probably by this evening's news.

The bone heads losers are unemployed because of our open border !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kind of thinking the other way after the decisions of the Texas state school board this week... why don't we give Texas back to Mexico?????
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
stuff in bold are peoples responses to this incident
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
what site did you get this from?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha yahoo
Cube

Lady Queen

• Lil Geezy
lmao
COPY/PASTE <EMBED> URL FROM YOUTUBE INTO THE FLASH CODE.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/killumcub#p/f/18/RZUq6N7Gx1c">Cool it Now</a><br>
-- YOU CAN ADJUST THE DEFAULT 200,200 VIDEO DIMENSION TO ANY SIZE.
---COPY PASTE INTO SIG.

<a href="http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Sikotic™

What do you hate more enyce: Mexicans or Gucci Mane?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha damn why you gotta be like dat...damn
radiotubes bitch ass, gucci mane or mexicans? damn oh damn....i have to choose all

Cube

Sikotic™

damn you even through in a cat i wasn't even talkin about
that's grimey right there my dude
radiotubes bitch ass, gucci mane or mexicans? damn oh damn....i have to choose all

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hes lucky thats all he gettin...otherwise he come out here talkin bout gucci>>>>he gon get c-walked on all over his face...lol

damn you even through in a cat i wasn't even talkin about
that's grimey right there my dude

Cube

Bananas

HAHA ENYCE, YOU HELLa RIGHT DUKE!

Lady Queen

• Lil Geezy
sauce anyone???????????? ;)
COPY/PASTE <EMBED> URL FROM YOUTUBE INTO THE FLASH CODE.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/killumcub#p/f/18/RZUq6N7Gx1c">Cool it Now</a><br>
-- YOU CAN ADJUST THE DEFAULT 200,200 VIDEO DIMENSION TO ANY SIZE.
---COPY PASTE INTO SIG.

<a href="http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>