Author Topic: Im Convinced About Snoop  (Read 1290 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Im Convinced About Snoop
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
Snoop is too busy trying to appeal to the masses than making a gangsta album. The ironic thing is that he isnt selling and by dropping a gangsta album he would prob sell the same amount but actually give his core fanbase a good album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Snoop is too busy trying to appeal to the masses than making a gangsta album. The ironic thing is that he isnt selling and by dropping a gangsta album he would prob sell the same amount but actually give his core fanbase a good album.

he might even sell more, because gangsta shit is just another sub genre of rap. i mean why get a snoop  album to bump at clubs when u can get the akons, jeezys, waynes, etc etc

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Fraxxx

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
westcoast gangsta rap aint dead

it never died, it took steroids to the head, became crooked i! 8)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
nah he would sell more than the poorly numbers he recently been doin....thats a all time low for a multi-multi-etc....artist...lol

he might even sell more, because gangsta shit is just another sub genre of rap. i mean why get a snoop  album to bump at clubs when u can get the akons, jeezys, waynes, etc etc
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

midwestryder

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
true story....duno what hes thinking?  give the people what they want, snoop!

Im sure one day he will come to his senses and make a straight gangsta record.

he will not because he is parent & has kids . sorry but snoop grew up & so does every body else have to.

yes but that doesn't mean that he have to rap on some plastic, slowed-down-technobeats. all he should do is bring a little funk & innovativeness back in his game
what slowed-down-technobeats ?.  there was none of ego trippin .  there is none on malice. so what are you talking about? the beats on ego tripping were more old school 60's & 70's R&B  & funk style like snoop grew up on.

Desert Lord

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »

he will not because he is parent & has kids . sorry but snoop grew up & so does every body else have to.

yes but that doesn't mean that he have to rap on some plastic, slowed-down-technobeats. all he should do is bring a little funk & innovativeness back in his game
what slowed-down-technobeats ?.  there was none of ego trippin .  there is none on malice. so what are you talking about? the beats on ego tripping were more old school 60's & 70's R&B  & funk style like snoop grew up on.

man..."slowed down techno-beats" because of the plastic, synthetic sound...i know that all these crunk/hyphy music ain't really techno, but it's simple sound reminds me on it...come on you know what i mean!..
and ego trippin wasn't funky at all on my opinion.."cool" was the only song i remember on it that was really funky. "sexual erruption" and tracks like that maybie inspired by 70/80's disco ish, but that ain't the raw and dirty funk that i was talking about.
i mean i was a long time snoop fan...i never thought that he would go pop that way. i mean he could do another "R & G", wich was really funky in my opinon even if there wasn't that much gangsta-talk on it, but at least it sounded like snoop. what he does now, he follows every damn trend in the game and the sad thing about it is...he don't need it..the man should have enough money to do what he wants to do

Desert Lord

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 07:59:33 AM »
they prolly talkin bout the soulja boy, pussy cat etc....muzik besides what he was makin...last meal, no limit top dogg..etc..

Never heard a Snoop Dogg song with a techno/house beat? Someone needs to school me on this

thank you, for translating   ;D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
west or nuthin

they prolly talkin bout the soulja boy, pussy cat etc....muzik besides what he was makin...last meal, no limit top dogg..etc..

Never heard a Snoop Dogg song with a techno/house beat? Someone needs to school me on this

thank you, for translating   ;D
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

midwestryder

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »

man..."slowed down techno-beats" because of the plastic, synthetic sound...i know that all these crunk/hyphy music ain't really techno, but it's simple sound reminds me on it...come on you know what i mean!..
and ego trippin wasn't funky at all on my opinion.."cool" was the only song i remember on it that was really funky. "sexual erruption" and tracks like that maybie inspired by 70/80's disco ish, but that ain't the raw and dirty funk that i was talking about.
i mean i was a long time snoop fan...i never thought that he would go pop that way. i mean he could do another "R & G", wich was really funky in my opinon even if there wasn't that much gangsta-talk on it, but at least it sounded like snoop. what he does now, he follows every damn trend in the game and the sad thing about it is...he don't need it..the man should have enough money to do what he wants to do
see what you called 70/80's disco ish, is real 60's & 70's R&B that snoop grew up on not 70/80's disco. i am expert on all kinds of music  & mostly the old school. 60's & 70's R&B that snoop grew up on was never the raw & dirty funk that you were talking about at all.  snoop did not go pop except for the southern beats . snoop dogg went back to his roots before he rapped . the roots his mom raised him on.  go listen to music from 60's & 70's & you will see .also that plastic, synthetic sound was made in 60's & 70's & not the 80's at all.

Fraxxx

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »

Yeah right! As if Snoop wouldn't act like he's super gangsta, hammering hostages' legs in videos. So much for the 'grown-up' part.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

The_Offence

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
this bullshit again ? snoop aint making no more fucking gangsta albums stop making these threads its getting kind of annoying

Desert Lord

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »

see what you called 70/80's disco ish, is real 60's & 70's R&B that snoop grew up on not 70/80's disco. i am expert on all kinds of music  & mostly the old school. 60's & 70's R&B that snoop grew up on was never the raw & dirty funk that you were talking about at all.  snoop did not go pop except for the southern beats . snoop dogg went back to his roots before he rapped . the roots his mom raised him on.  go listen to music from 60's & 70's & you will see .also that plastic, synthetic sound was made in 60's & 70's & not the 80's at all.

the older snoop albums had a heavy p-funk influence...that raw dirty funk, that's what i was talking about...
the 60, 70's R&B that you probably mean is that al green, curtis mayfield stuff...i heard nothing of it on "malice"..i woul say "g'z up hoez down" and shit like that was definetly r&b influenced..he also did the great cover of that curtis mayfield song from supafly on "R & G"...you know, that's exactly the sounds that i been missin. i mean, no disrespect to the south but besides that i don't like the sound, i don't like that snoop is tryin to follow instead of leading.
a whole album with the snoopadelics would be nice