Author Topic: Jay Rock gettin at Cube  (Read 3159 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Jay Rock gettin at Cube
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
i'm going to have to give you a "child plz".

you forgot to post the video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLz5b4tNPVw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GLz5b4tNPVw</a>

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
^word.

Crooked I is arguably the best rapper in the world & he hasn't dropped an album.

as for the topic, this is the first i've heard about it.

as great as i think Cube is, if you're not a Cube stan or stuck in the past & defending Cube's legacy (i realize that is very few of you, lmfao), you can't help but almost applaud Jay Rock for standing up for himself.

i don't know the actual comments Cube has made, but if he's talking shit about the New West, then how can you hate on Jay Rock for responding?

you guys complain the West is dead, well if you let the legends just hang around & not give guys like Jay Rock, Ya Boy, Nipsey, etc. a chance, it'll never go anywhere.

Well how can you comment on it if you don't know the actual comments Cube made. That gets a "child plz"

regardless of what he said, it's apparent that is was dissing the New West.

going by Jay Rock's Twitter saying "Cube been talking 'bout New West", it's a safe assumption it was a diss to the music the New West is making.

if you can't see where one would make that assumption, i'm going to have to give you a "child plz".

if you read the comments he made, it's obvious he wasn't dissing the whole new west, just the ones involved. particularly G Malone with the scared comment. IMO, Jay Rock had no business getting involved

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »
^word?

maybe Jay Rock feels he is focal in this New West Movement & if Cube got something to say about New West, it's about Jay Rock.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
thats how everyone in the new west feels...lol
this might be the only time jay rock gets to shine and gets his name out there big..

^word?

maybe Jay Rock feels he is focal in this New West Movement & if Cube got something to say about New West, it's about Jay Rock.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »
Jay, you must not get out much. Nipsey Hussle gets much love. I know folks banging him out in Hawaii, he gets love when he performed out in the OC. He gets love in L.A. and gets support on 2dopeboyz.com amongst other sites as well. Get off the dubcnn boards and got talk a internet walk. And whether or not you liked the new We Are the World (and plenty of ppl did) you still have to be known respectable beyond your peers to even be in the background
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »
^word.

Crooked I is arguably the best rapper in the world & he hasn't dropped an album.

as for the topic, this is the first i've heard about it.

as great as i think Cube is, if you're not a Cube stan or stuck in the past & defending Cube's legacy (i realize that is very few of you, lmfao), you can't help but almost applaud Jay Rock for standing up for himself.

i don't know the actual comments Cube has made, but if he's talking shit about the New West, then how can you hate on Jay Rock for responding?

you guys complain the West is dead, well if you let the legends just hang around & not give guys like Jay Rock, Ya Boy, Nipsey, etc. a chance, it'll never go anywhere.

Well how can you comment on it if you don't know the actual comments Cube made. That gets a "child plz"

regardless of what he said, it's apparent that is was dissing the New West.

going by Jay Rock's Twitter saying "Cube been talking 'bout New West", it's a safe assumption it was a diss to the music the New West is making.

if you can't see where one would make that assumption, i'm going to have to give you a "child plz".

Like I said, don't assume shit or you make yourself look like an ass. You're going str8 off of Rocks comments and taking half the story without every reading ice cubes comments, ignorant. Like I said, child please. Look before you leap
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
^so what were his exact words?

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
^so what were his exact words?

"I got alot of questions since my last blog. I'll answer a few.

What's up with these local MC's in L.A. who keep disrespecting me? They're just mad cause I don't f**k with they wack-ass. They ain't on my level, why should I waste my time. I don't even remember ever meeting these clowns or even being in the same room with any of 'em. They can't make a name for themselves so they need help from the O/G's. I refuse the throw'em a life line. f**k'em. It ain't my job to make nobody famous. And for the record, I ain't scared of no n***a. Especially, no rappers....seriously people.

Age-ism in rap? Age-ism is everywhere folks. In the work place, in sports and of course in hip-hop. We are a out with the OLD in with the NEW world. But as we go through life we realize NEWER ain't always better. We find ourselves saying, "Back in the day, bah, bah, bah...." All young MC's should route for old MC's to have long careers. If you play us out, what kind of future do you have in hip-hop when you get 40?

Advice for young rappers: You gotta be hot on your block first, then your city, then your state, then your country, then the world. If you can't make your block notice you. The world is a tall task."

He was responding to a questioned asked to him by fans. I'll try and find the question if I can, but he didn't just roll out of bed and decide to say "fuck niggaz"

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
Okay, here it is. It went quicker than I thought

"Whats up cube? Why these so called new west rappers act like they cant eat without you spoon feeding them !! These cats don't know how to go get it , your whole career you tried to teach these disrespectful ass niggas how to get it ,damn dog tell them niggas to go find they daddy,anybody that has the balls to diss you needs to be dealt with!!!Time to end some careers Cube. Much love from Miami"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
so basically, he dissed Jay Rock lol.

Cube makes some good points, especially about starting on your block first before you take on the world.

but either way, you can't say Jay Rock isn't entitled to stand up for himself here; he's going at him.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2010, 05:46:51 PM »
so basically, he dissed Jay Rock lol.

Cube makes some good points, especially about starting on your block first before you take on the world.

but either way, you can't say Jay Rock isn't entitled to stand up for himself here; he's going at him.

Rock can stand up for himself, but i don't think Rock was being dissed unless by responding in the way he has, he's admitting guilt to disrespecting Cube. Malone, Crooked and Rock are being linked the this whole New West Beef issue but there were a lot more rappers during the last view years who had jumped on the New West band wagon. Shoot, yelling New West was like the in thing to do out here for folks lol. So New West has ben extended to anyone, I guess, who game after Game (excluding Crooked I)

Muhfukka

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
you guys take this shit way too serious

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2010, 08:15:10 PM »

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

Take it for what it's worth  ;D

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Soon after leaving NWA, Cube was attending the 1990 New Music Seminar in NY with his crew Da Lench Mob.  Also in attendance were Above The Law who at the time were still signed to Ruthless. In the lobby of the Marriott, (where alot of people visiting the seminar stayed) both crews passed one another leading to fists and chairs being thrown about. Tensions between the two camps had finally risen to the point where someone got "Touched". Accounts of this will of course vary, but most who witnessed this said ATL got the better out of Cube & Co. King Sun of all people ended up helping Mr. Jackson get out of the Marriott in one piece. (These two would also go on to have a fallout, but that's a whole different story) This ultimately led to the removal of Rap from the Seminar. I'm not sure if either parties have ever spoken publicly about this but I do know it's briefly mentioned on the B.M.L interlude from Above The Law's Vocally Pimpin EP.

Above The Law - B.M.L   (fast forward to the 55 second mark)

I can go into detail about other incidents but my intention IS NOT to turn this into an Ice Cube bashing thread.  ;D

elaborate....

I really don't feel like going through the entire list today so since you have Threat in your sig, I'll elaborate on him.

His issues with Cube really stem from the almighty dollar. Threat's first appearance was on Ice Cube's Death Certificate on the track "Color Blind". The track was well received & depending on who you speak with, led to promises being made which were never kept. It didn't help that Threat was friends with Kam who had a falling out with Cube that was well documented. Cypress Hill would later go on to fued with Ice Cube over stolen lyrics. Bad blood ensued....Threat Solo ended up seeing "The nigga he loved to hate" in traffic, which ended up with Cube leaving the scene without some of his possessions...one of which was his Westside Connection chain. Threat Solo passed it to Kam who passed it to B-Real for the infamous House of Blues photo. (I believe Threat Solo speaks on this in the Beef that has the Cypress Hill vs. Ice Cube) I'm sure you can probably figure out, Threat & Cube would never work together again.
In a nutshell....there you have it.  ;)  
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:23:44 PM by MOON KNIGHT »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
damn cube isnt a easy duke 2 work with......seems like you know alot about this
check the above the law thread about kmg etc....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »
damn cube isnt a easy duke 2 work with......seems like you know alot about this
check the above the law thread about kmg etc....lol

I'll check it, thanks.

Thing with Cube is he has gone from just being a rapper to a household name. I don't think anyone would argue that he's worked hard to get where he is now. With that being said, when your tax bracket goes up so does your number of friends/associates. I'm sure some people would like cradle to the grave entitlements just from the association. Unfortunately business doesn't usually work out that way. Some of the above mentioned artists may be partially to blame themselves...it's just that Ice Cube's list of friends turned enemies is pretty long.