Author Topic: Jay Rock gettin at Cube  (Read 3153 times)

Westdog

Re: Jay Rock gettin at Cube
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2010, 12:30:00 AM »
Fuck other shit, who talking bad about Cube. He's a Best MC! Top 5 MC EVER! AND WHAT A FUCK Y TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN?
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

2euce 7even

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2010, 01:12:16 AM »
ice cube aint got near the same street cred than jay rock but damn..respect yo og´z.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:05 AM »
what kind of street cred does jay rock have supprtin wayne, gucci, jim etc....? lol

ice cube aint got near the same street cred than jay rock but damn..respect yo og´z.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MistaNova

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
First of all, if your an independent artist, theres no such thing as a flop.
And second of all, his last album sold more then 300 Thousand copies!
Thats more then what any of these new west faggots have sold or will sell in their career, so get your fact straight you clown.
I think I found the biased groupie I was expecting.
Cube might have sold that much but no matter how much you bitch and groan that album is still boring as fuck compared to what he used to make. Cube should be supporting WC, Young Maylay or Dough Boy (lol, he barely supports his own son) if he wants to remain relevant (in the music industry anyway).

midwestryder

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
Thats more then what any of these new west faggots have sold or will sell in their career, so get your fact straight you clown.
I think I found the biased groupie I was expecting.
Cube might have sold that much but no matter how much you bitch and groan that album is still boring as fuck compared to what he used to make. Cube should be supporting WC, Young Maylay or Dough Boy (lol, he barely supports his own son) if he wants to remain relevant (in the music industry anyway).
excuse me but every album made in this era is boring compared to the 90's. so what you said does not cut it . ice cube still makes better music then any new artist from 2000 & on. ice cube had good album compared to rest of the shit that is out there .. ice cube is O.G in rap & always will be relevant in the msuic industry because of that unlike most of new school .if old school rock bands from 80's & 90's are still relevant todat then old shool rappers & rap groups from 80's & 90's should still be relevant . it is this stupid belief that new or young is better, when is truth the old school is always better
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:53:21 PM by midwestryder »

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »

I don't know why any artist should be upset about Cube's blog comments about the "New West" rappers. He never singled anyone out, so any attempt at dissing him before he disses you comes across like a cry for attention... & Yes I'm a fan of Jay Rock.

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

N.W.A
Kausion
Kam
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Mack 10
Cypress Hill
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

Take it for what it's worth  ;D

Santanaz

• Lil Geezy
  • S-bLoCC Style 2C's
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2010, 05:14:28 PM »
Jay Rock need to get his weight up first b4 he get off into dissin niggaz like Cube. Cuzz gone end up shootin himself in the foot at the end of the day.
"Talk About It While I Live It"

kuruptDPG

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Okka

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »
Well, with Kausion it was a money issue. Cube stole their money or he didn't pay them what he was supposed to pay.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
These new west dudes attacking established West artists just isn't a good look. Whether or not they have good reasons is really irrelevant, cause they're gonna look stupid to most West Coast heads anyways. Spi looked dumb dissing Snoop, G Malone looks dumb dissing Cube, Game looked dumb dissing Xzibit, the list goes on..

MediumL

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »
Who is Jay Rock? Cubes more relevant than this guy and Cubes been in the game for like 25years.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Soon after leaving NWA, Cube was attending the 1990 New Music Seminar in NY with his crew Da Lench Mob.  Also in attendance were Above The Law who at the time were still signed to Ruthless. In the lobby of the Marriott, (where alot of people visiting the seminar stayed) both crews passed one another leading to fists and chairs being thrown about. Tensions between the two camps had finally risen to the point where someone got "Touched". Accounts of this will of course vary, but most who witnessed this said ATL got the better out of Cube & Co. King Sun of all people ended up helping Mr. Jackson get out of the Marriott in one piece. (These two would also go on to have a fallout, but that's a whole different story) This ultimately led to the removal of Rap from the Seminar. I'm not sure if either parties have ever spoken publicly about this but I do know it's briefly mentioned on the B.M.L interlude from Above The Law's Vocally Pimpin EP.

Above The Law - B.M.L    (fast forward to the 55 second mark)

I can go into detail about other incidents but my intention IS NOT to turn this into an Ice Cube bashing thread.  ;D

MistaNova

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
excuse me but every album made in this era is boring compared to the 90's. so what you said does not cut it . ice cube still makes better music then any new artist from 2000 & on. ice cube had good album compared to rest of the shit that is out there .. ice cube is O.G in rap & always will be relevant in the msuic industry because of that unlike most of new school .if old school rock bands from 80's & 90's are still relevant todat then old shool rappers & rap groups from 80's & 90's should still be relevant . it is this stupid belief that new or young is better, when is truth the old school is always better

You're entitled to your own opinion so if that's what you choose to believe then no problem there. I just don't want people to hate on Jay Rock because he's new.
Though I thought Bad Azz and E-White's albums were better than Cube's though IMO ;)

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: cr8
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
a nigga thats born in 1990 ain't really up on ice cube

You sayin' that people who were born in 1990 don't really bump/know about Ice Cube? It ain't like that down here.
brah ain't nobody bumping music from ice cube last couple albums right now, he drops a album then he's gone so his name don't stay in the mix, none of his shit is being bumped of his last couple albums, the only cube track i heard getting played is put your ass into it and very rarely do they play that shit, his new music is not staying it drops and thats it, thats why his last album fucking flopped hard because the youths moved on, most of the youths don't care about these niggaz anymore , niggaz still bumping chronic 2001 because dre's name is always in the mix, em keeps his name in the mix and so does 50 & game, when that nigga dre drops something he gives you a classic and leaves you wanting more while still producing for the heavy hitters in the industry but ain't no nigga bumping a ice cube album, duke does nothing to keep is name popping so the young generation don't really know about him as a rapper they know him as a actor, thats why ain't no nigga bumping a cube album out there ride, the youth dem don't give a fuck about some nigga thats the same age with there dad who they saw in kids movie like "are we there yet" trying to convince them he's a gangsta, them niggaz on that new wave right now..they ain't trying to hear ice cube and when that nigga do drop something its some weak ass shit with lil jon or some weak ass down south niggaz on some crunk shit, his career is done, he's doing that because he trying to get that young fan base but them niggaz ain't fucking with duke no more thats why he selling less with every album, i put this on anything this nigga new album will less even less than his old .. its a new era kids ain't fucking with these niggaz anymore, snoop is selling out to stay with the youth movement, why you think this nigga doing tracks with soulja boy, gucci mane and all these other new niggaz because that nigga soulja & gucci is selling albums right now there what the youth dem are listening to ,that nigga snoop even said he wants to work with miley he's selling out to keep his name in the mix with the youths, cube ain't selling shit with his next album bet that, duke been gone for so long and nobody even asked about him..niggaz asking about that detox but ain't no nigga anticipating a new cube album   ...niggaz respect ice cube for his old shit thats about it if you go to a ice cube show what to you wanna hear his old shit right, that nigga fell off

B thats the ice cube these young niggaz know

Your a dumbass dude.

ye actually cube last two albums have sold better thana ny garbage nigga he mentioned

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
what bad azz and e-white album? lol

You're entitled to your own opinion so if that's what you choose to believe then no problem there. I just don't want people to hate on Jay Rock because he's new.
Though I thought Bad Azz and E-White's albums were better than Cube's though IMO ;)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.