Author Topic: Jay Rock gettin at Cube  (Read 3156 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay Rock gettin at Cube
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »
it was incredible!,but i still have yet to really hear him do it over a tracc that is HIS!!! besides murdering mc's,and that two was done as a freestyle basically,i can listen to those and give em props all day they deserve the praise they get,but still how come the original songs don't turn out that well and sticc with you like the freestyles? for that you got to deduct points it takes alot to be the best mc/rapper in the game yell

it def. hurts his case, but i mean, who could you give the nod ahead of him?

scarface,nas,jayz <---- i hate to admit that one, snoop as far as making hits and songs that stay with me,outkast,jay electronica (song wise),raekwon,eminem. that's artist that's still doing it today and it's because of the fact they can make actual songs, so i give these equals the edge as rap artist, but i ain't a fool straight up rap'n wise snoop can't fucc with crooked,but i'd buy his album before a crooked one because he knows how to make songs i can fucc with yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2010, 11:10:12 PM »
for real....cubes leftovers from his albums were better than both those albums doggz...lol

"Executive Decision" was fuckin GARBAGE. Only a few good songs on it.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MarshColin

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Nipsey has no buzz outside this forum.Nobody knows who he is.

Definitely not true.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »

Definitely not true.

On the real. Freshmen XXL Cover and the call to be on the "We Are The World" 2010. Well, he's on someone's radar
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Okka

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2010, 01:26:10 AM »

I knew somebody was gonna say that. That ain't true though, he was even in the "We Are The World" 2010 version.

Jaydc

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 04:33:17 AM »
As if being on the freshman cover means anything.Of the 30 rappers theyve covered,How many have actually done anything?3 or 4 at the most.And the we are the world thing?You mean that cover that everyone hates?I garauntee 90 percent of the people that watched the video had no idea who he was or didnt care.He was there with snoop as a background player.Theirs nothing wrong with nipsey per se,but hes just a throwback to old westcoast,and if you hadnt noticed nobody gives a shit about that anymore except the people on this forum.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2010, 06:20:48 AM »
you prefer wayne, gucci, juelz, jim jones, tpain etc....and all that jay? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2010, 06:28:03 AM »
No I dont,I dont know what those artists have to do with this conversation though.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2010, 06:34:30 AM »
cuz the radio and thats whats out there.....so at least hes dope and better than them.....and we gettin somethin fresh

No I dont,I dont know what those artists have to do with this conversation though.
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2010, 06:45:59 AM »
He isnt fresh though hes just got an outdated style,thats the opposite of fresh its boring and been done before by people much better then him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
aite do what you do....but IMO hes fresh, gangsta, got some lyrical flow...hes cool and much....MUCH BETTER THAN WAYNE, RICK ROSS, TPAIN ETC...
Ill take a nipsey album over game album....if it sound as dope as the street shit he makes
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2010, 06:54:38 AM »
I just dont know where you get fresh from when hes a throwback to 90s westcoast rap,that aint fresh thats the opposite.And lyrical?Link me to one song where hes been lyrical.

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2010, 07:53:33 AM »

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

Take it for what it's worth  ;D

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Soon after leaving NWA, Cube was attending the 1990 New Music Seminar in NY with his crew Da Lench Mob.  Also in attendance were Above The Law who at the time were still signed to Ruthless. In the lobby of the Marriott, (where alot of people visiting the seminar stayed) both crews passed one another leading to fists and chairs being thrown about. Tensions between the two camps had finally risen to the point where someone got "Touched". Accounts of this will of course vary, but most who witnessed this said ATL got the better out of Cube & Co. King Sun of all people ended up helping Mr. Jackson get out of the Marriott in one piece. (These two would also go on to have a fallout, but that's a whole different story) This ultimately led to the removal of Rap from the Seminar. I'm not sure if either parties have ever spoken publicly about this but I do know it's briefly mentioned on the B.M.L interlude from Above The Law's Vocally Pimpin EP.

Above The Law - B.M.L    (fast forward to the 55 second mark)

I can go into detail about other incidents but my intention IS NOT to turn this into an Ice Cube bashing thread.  ;D

elaborate....

kuruptDPG

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »

Now on the other hand...Ice Cube has a history of soured relations within' the industry. I don't know how much of this is on Cube but it seems like alot of people who have done business with him in the past don't have alot of good things to say......

Kausion
Da Lench Mob
K-Dee
Mr. Short Khop
Threat
Above The Law
Don Jagwarr

Take it for what it's worth  ;D

can you explain plz what happened with these guys? especially above the law

Soon after leaving NWA, Cube was attending the 1990 New Music Seminar in NY with his crew Da Lench Mob.  Also in attendance were Above The Law who at the time were still signed to Ruthless. In the lobby of the Marriott, (where alot of people visiting the seminar stayed) both crews passed one another leading to fists and chairs being thrown about. Tensions between the two camps had finally risen to the point where someone got "Touched". Accounts of this will of course vary, but most who witnessed this said ATL got the better out of Cube & Co. King Sun of all people ended up helping Mr. Jackson get out of the Marriott in one piece. (These two would also go on to have a fallout, but that's a whole different story) This ultimately led to the removal of Rap from the Seminar. I'm not sure if either parties have ever spoken publicly about this but I do know it's briefly mentioned on the B.M.L interlude from Above The Law's Vocally Pimpin EP.

Above The Law - B.M.L    (fast forward to the 55 second mark)

I can go into detail about other incidents but my intention IS NOT to turn this into an Ice Cube bashing thread.  ;D

elaborate....

yh plz do

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
^word.

Crooked I is arguably the best rapper in the world & he hasn't dropped an album.

as for the topic, this is the first i've heard about it.

as great as i think Cube is, if you're not a Cube stan or stuck in the past & defending Cube's legacy (i realize that is very few of you, lmfao), you can't help but almost applaud Jay Rock for standing up for himself.

i don't know the actual comments Cube has made, but if he's talking shit about the New West, then how can you hate on Jay Rock for responding?

you guys complain the West is dead, well if you let the legends just hang around & not give guys like Jay Rock, Ya Boy, Nipsey, etc. a chance, it'll never go anywhere.

Well how can you comment on it if you don't know the actual comments Cube made. That gets a "child plz"

regardless of what he said, it's apparent that is was dissing the New West.

going by Jay Rock's Twitter saying "Cube been talking 'bout New West", it's a safe assumption it was a diss to the music the New West is making.

if you can't see where one would make that assumption, i'm going to have to give you a "child plz".