Poll

Which album do you like more?

The Chronic
44 (56.4%)
23 (29.5%)
Fuck Okka, he should be banned
11 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: The Chronic or 2001  (Read 1006 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Chronic or 2001
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 05:40:42 AM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 05:56:45 AM »
i can't choose, i would have to flip a coin ;)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:53 AM »
1.SO YOUR STILL CHOOSIN
2WHAT IF THE COIN IS WRONG? lol

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:43 AM »
The chronic, No album is better produced.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 09:14:44 AM »
ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

that is the most faggot argument i've ever heard.

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

give me a break people. :grumpy:

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 09:43:43 AM by The Veteran »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:08 AM »
calm down, Cham has a point actually.

this topic is about personal opinions

1.SO YOUR STILL CHOOSIN
2WHAT IF THE COIN IS WRONG? lol

i'll just use a coin with equal sides :laugh:

Paul

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »
^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?

The question is what do YOU prefer. Not what made the biggest impact.

And dont get offensive.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 02:08:56 PM »
damn, all this nostalgic talk about The Chronic makes me wish i was there at that time so much :laugh:

ikke

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »
ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

impact = more similar music from different artists inspired by the original album.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

I can see how someone can say that, unless they were actually there, and living it in real time, as opposed to reading about someone elses experience. And it's not to say "there will never be another revolution" like Chronic '92...

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »

I can see how someone can say that, unless they were actually there, and living it in real time, as opposed to reading about someone elses experience. And it's not to say "there will never be another revolution" like Chronic '92...

times have changed, there will never be another era like that again.... 

ikke

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

there will, just not in the sub-genre you people worship.

Beats By dre

• Lil Geezy
  • Time eater
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 04:04:04 PM »
The Chronic put the westcoast rap funk  on the map, but still the best one will come out....detox  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »

that's what i'm saying, you're basically saying that all those albums from the '90's are untouchable & NOTHING, can possibly be on that level.

Eminem is the last one to have "major impact" & that's only because he was an insane spitter, worked with Dre & most importantly, was white.

after Em, there isn't anybody who people we're just like, "omg, that's a certified classic fucking album, top albums ever."

nothing is better than a Wu-Tang album because it had more "impact" than anything in the last decade? get the fuck outta here..

^^^

no lol, that's my point; quality should be the only thing judged when it's compaing great albums or else we're going to be saying for the next 100 years Illmatic & The Chronic are the two best albums of all time & it's not debateable.