Poll

Which album do you like more?

The Chronic
44 (56.4%)
23 (29.5%)
Fuck Okka, he should be banned
11 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: The Chronic or 2001  (Read 1001 times)

StevenQBosell

Re: The Chronic or 2001
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
^^^

Thing is though, just like jaytee said;

...If a person wasn't around to experience the vibe of the time, then they probably wouldn't even understand....

it's easy to dismiss how much influence it had on hip hop, if you weren't around to see it unfold in front of you.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
true but you can look back and try and imagine i guess...thats the best that can be done when your past that....lol
2001 is still......i mean still dre is one of the best songs ever.....and no jay-z writin it had nuthin to do wit the muzik part of it...lol
and of course a better album can be made than one of the best albums of all time...just hasnt been done yet.....

^^^

...If a person wasn't around to experience the vibe of the time, then they probably wouldn't even understand....

it's easy to dismiss how much influence it had on hip hop, if you weren't around to see it unfold in front of you.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:16:33 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
The chronic, reasons already been explained by many posters though 2001 did have some of my favourite joints on it like still dre, next episode etc...

and props to westcoast veteran for spitting truth

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

that is the most faggot argument i've ever heard.

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

give me a break people. :grumpy:

Award for the dumbest post of this thread should be given to you.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »
^^^

lol, way to put words in my mouth.

i never said it didn't have impact, i never denied how influencial it was.

but that doesn't label it the greatest album of all time.

look at College Dropout, classic album; wasn't "super influencial", wasn't "revolutionary", just a classic album.

ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

just stop living in the past & accept todays music.

the way you guys sound, you just co-sign the older CD because clearly that has more "impact" when it was still a fairly new genre back then.

any coincidence like i said, Eminem is the last person to make a significant classic album with actual impact? it was basically the only thing the game hadn't seen, a white boy.

you mean to tell me 10 years go by & nobody dropped anything classic enough to be put in the conversation with older albums?

i'd personally like to welcome all of you to the 21st century.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
good lookin for the welcome cham...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »

anytime, fam. ;) 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
but the 2001 sound is doper....lol

anytime, fam. ;) 8)
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »

anytime, fam. ;) 8)

i agree with you lol.

i'm not saying you can't be a fan of The Chronic or older music, i'm not trying to shoot it down.

but when i hear arguments like "well clearly this album 1 is better than album 2 because album 1 had more impact", i just shake my head lol.

well what happens when album 2 is better lyrically, better production, etc.? lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »
yeah IMO chronic is better to many cuz of when it came out and what it meant and did to and for hip-hop but overall 2001 is a doper album IMO
the 2001 sound still lives or people want more of that vs more of chronic

anytime, fam. ;) 8)

i agree with you lol.

i'm not saying you can't be a fan of The Chronic or older music, i'm not trying to shoot it down.

but when i hear arguments like "well clearly this album 1 is better than album 2 because album 1 had more impact", i just shake my head lol.

well what happens when album 2 is better lyrically, better production, etc.? lol.
Cube

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 10:27:53 PM »
The chronic.  When that shit dropped it was larger than life.

^ This.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:45 PM »
^^^

lol, way to put words in my mouth.

i never said it didn't have impact, i never denied how influencial it was.

but that doesn't label it the greatest album of all time.

look at College Dropout, classic album; wasn't "super influencial", wasn't "revolutionary", just a classic album.

just stop living in the past & accept todays music.

the way you guys sound, you just co-sign the older CD because clearly that has more "impact" when it was still a fairly new genre back then.

any coincidence like i said, Eminem is the last person to make a significant classic album with actual impact? it was basically the only thing the game hadn't seen, a white boy.

you mean to tell me 10 years go by & nobody dropped anything classic enough to be put in the conversation with older albums?

i'd personally like to welcome all of you to the 21st century.

Lmao....Kids ;)

acgrundy

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 12:13:31 AM »
how old are you chamilitary?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2010, 12:25:09 AM »
^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?

The question is what do YOU prefer. Not what made the biggest impact.

And dont get offensive.

i only got offensive because cham somewhat called me a faggot with that "impact is a faggot response" quote. he's a cool poster..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2010, 06:15:53 AM »
^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?

The question is what do YOU prefer. Not what made the biggest impact.

And dont get offensive.

i only got offensive because cham somewhat called me a faggot with that "impact is a faggot response" quote. he's a cool poster..

na, my mans, i was just speaking in general.