Poll

Which album do you like more?

The Chronic
44 (56.4%)
23 (29.5%)
Fuck Okka, he should be banned
11 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: The Chronic or 2001  (Read 998 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The Chronic or 2001
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2010, 06:21:49 AM »
how old are you chamilitary?

18, but before you go anywhere with that you BEST be at least 30; even that is young.

there is absolutely no chance that you were 12 years old & understood the times, the scene & the impact that The Chronic had on people, it's just music to anyone at that age.

so make your move, champ..

Matty

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2010, 06:27:03 AM »
wasn't anywhere old enough to appreciate the original chronic when it came out and had an impact. i can appreciate it as a classic album though, way ahead of its time, very smooth and musical, expertly produced 8)

but if i had to choose which one to bump, the one with the most personal meaning....2001...

midwestryder

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

that is the most faggot argument i've ever heard.

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

give me a break people. :grumpy:

I can see how someone can say that, unless they were actually there, and living it in real time, as opposed to reading about someone elses experience. And it's not to say "there will never be another revolution" like Chronic '92...

times have changed, there will never be another era like that again.... 

that's what i'm saying, you're basically saying that all those albums from the '90's are untouchable & NOTHING, can possibly be on that level.

Eminem is the last one to have "major impact" & that's only because he was an insane spitter, worked with Dre & most importantly, was white.

after Em, there isn't anybody who people we're just like, "omg, that's a certified classic fucking album, top albums ever."

nothing is better than a Wu-Tang album because it had more "impact" than anything in the last decade? get the fuck outta here..

^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?

no lol, that's my point; quality should be the only thing judged when it's compaing great albums or else we're going to be saying for the next 100 years Illmatic & The Chronic are the two best albums of all time & it's not debateable.
sorry , Chamillitary Click  but any hip hop or rap album from 80's to 1997 is untouchable & better  hen anything after 1997 & on . so it is not debateable ,new school. also quality of hip hop & rap went to zero after 1997 .. seee only good quality was from the 80's to 1997 . everything after is crap compared to 80's to 1997.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
chronic but it is very close

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »
sorry , Chamillitary Click  but any hip hop or rap album from 80's to 1997 is untouchable & better  hen anything after 1997 & on . so it is not debateable ,new school. also quality of hip hop & rap went to zero after 1997 .. seee only good quality was from the 80's to 1997 . everything after is crap compared to 80's to 1997.

nah, THIS has to be the dumbest post of the thread. that is an extreme example of generalising. just because someone dropped an album pre-97, it's better than post? please. 2001 shits on a lot of 90's albums

StevenQBosell

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »

18, but before you go anywhere with that you BEST be at least 30; even that is young.

there is absolutely no chance that you were 12 years old & understood the times, the scene & the impact that The Chronic had on people, it's just music to anyone at that age.

You have to remember, we weren't living in vacuums, you really had to be there to see everyone under the age of 25 bumping the Chronic EVERYWHERE you went, I swear to God it seemed like I was the only person without the "weed leaf" necklace, those were everytwhere, hearing your older brother, sisters and cousins flippiing out over the Chronic, particularly out here on the west coast, in L.A. Lek another poster said, this was the album that put the west on the map, and you knew that was going to be the case from the very 1st listen.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
ugh, i don't care if you guys pick The Chronic, but PLEASE don't say "it was revolutionary, it set trends, blah, blah, blah". :puke:

that is the most faggot argument i've ever heard.

basically what you're saying is the first hip hop album ever is the greatest album of all time, because it was "revolutionary".

i see some of you guys rate albums on impact & shit & that's just fucking dumb; music is music, if it's great it's great; you can't compare albums based on "impact".

what you're saying is that there can never be another classic Hip Hop album, because we've seen it all, nothing can be new or "revolutionary" if it's been done the last twenty-five years.

give me a break people. :grumpy:

I can see how someone can say that, unless they were actually there, and living it in real time, as opposed to reading about someone elses experience. And it's not to say "there will never be another revolution" like Chronic '92...

times have changed, there will never be another era like that again.... 

that's what i'm saying, you're basically saying that all those albums from the '90's are untouchable & NOTHING, can possibly be on that level.

Eminem is the last one to have "major impact" & that's only because he was an insane spitter, worked with Dre & most importantly, was white.

after Em, there isn't anybody who people we're just like, "omg, that's a certified classic fucking album, top albums ever."

nothing is better than a Wu-Tang album because it had more "impact" than anything in the last decade? get the fuck outta here..

^^^

you're an idiot... impact plays a big part on what distinguishes a classic from a personal classic.. quality, innovation and impact = classic, understand faggot?

no lol, that's my point; quality should be the only thing judged when it's compaing great albums or else we're going to be saying for the next 100 years Illmatic & The Chronic are the two best albums of all time & it's not debateable.

ahh, point proven lol.

anyway, The Marshall Mathers LP makes my list of top albums any day of the year. 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »

You have to remember, we weren't living in vacuums, you really had to be there to see everyone under the age of 25 bumping the Chronic EVERYWHERE you went, I swear to God it seemed like I was the only person without the "weed leaf" necklace, those were everytwhere, hearing your older brother, sisters and cousins flippiing out over the Chronic, particularly out here on the west coast, in L.A. Lek another poster said, this was the album that put the west on the map, and you knew that was going to be the case from the very 1st listen.

if you were younger than 13, i'm sorry, but i simply cannot believe you had any relative clue what was going on.

i'm not saying you didn't listen to the music or you didn't love the music, but you didn't get some of the lines & you didn't understand it like you would if you were 15-16.

regardless of all of that, just because it turned people on to smoking Chronic & people wore Chronic Leaf necklaces, how is that relative to the music?

when Soulja Boy made Crank That worldwide & saw people dancing like that anywhere you went or T-Pain making everybody want to use/hear autotune all the time, how was the music? i don't see you guys jumping on that "impact" calling it legendary & classic..

point being, "impact" doesn't equal quality of music; & before some of you jump on me for it, i'm not dissing The Chronic at all, one of the greatest albums ever, but i feel that because of the music on the disc, not because of how the world reacted to it.

acgrundy

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »

I AM 30.  Now I 100% fully understand the foolishness that you speak.  Do yourself a favor and just stop saying the things that you have to say.  Seriously man, nothing against you, but you sound like a fucking moron.

DJSpin

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »
instead of arguing about impact and how old we all are, just go listen to both cds back to back and then come back and let us know which one you enjoyed more.   let's stop the faggotry

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2010, 05:52:57 PM »

I AM 30.  Now I 100% fully understand the foolishness that you speak.  Do yourself a favor and just stop saying the things that you have to say.  Seriously man, nothing against you, but you sound like a fucking moron.

^ Good times aye AC? Think I still have my dubbed tape of the Chronic lying around somewhere.

acgrundy

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »

^ Good times aye AC? Think I still have my dubbed tape of the Chronic lying around somewhere.

When Cham was 12, he probably didn't even know what a dubbed tape was. 

Jome

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Locking this, well played out topic, doesn't lead anywhere.