Author Topic: Who's ruining hiphop?  (Read 718 times)

Jome

Who's ruining hiphop?
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
It started with Soulja Boy, Mike Jones, Plies, Yung Joc, J-Kwon, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Pitbull, Birdman, Lil Wayne..

Few people thought it could be worse, then came Gucci Mane, OJ Da Juiceman, Lil Boosie, Waka Flocka Flame, Gudda Gudda.
What's next? Wackas fucka? Lame suckaducka?

Disclaimer: I may not have heard all these artists, but I can tell from their stage name, affiliated artists and song titles, that they must be abysmal.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Re: Who's ruining hiphop?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
no one is ruining anything, there is nothing to ruin. they are all their unique own artist, remember this is an ART form that's why they are ARTISTS.

the same way people get along with scribbling on a piece of paper and calling it art and selling it for $300,000 - that's what they are doing.

You filter the good and the bad on your own, that's what makes listening to music enjoyable, you know what you like.

and if it's something you don't like, just don't listen to it - listen to the artists that you like, it's that simple, people need to quit complaining about people hurting hip hop, bla bla bla - so what? Don't hate on them if they are making money and enjoying what they are doing, even if you think it sucks.
I agree some stuff makes me think "damn, how did that get big" - but people are buying it. Majority rules.
In the end things will work out, no one remembers mediocre artists but people will always remember the good ones.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »
It started with Soulja Boy, Mike Jones, Plies, Yung Joc, J-Kwon, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Pitbull, Birdman, Lil Wayne..

Few people thought it could be worse, then came Gucci Mane, OJ Da Juiceman, Lil Boosie, Waka Flocka Flame, Gudda Gudda.
What's next? Wackas fucka? Lame suckaducka?

Disclaimer: I may not have heard all these artists, but I can tell from their stage name, affiliated artists and song titles, that they must be abysmal.

i consider myself blessed in that i dont ever switch on the radio or MTV etc etc and from that respect have managed to escape the absolute mediocrity that most of the names you mentioned represent...wtf is Wacka Flocka Flame? is that serious? i recently had the displeasure of hearing a couple of OJ Da Jewwwman (dude cant even speak fuckin english!) tracks, and i thought shit was bad when dudes like Baby tried to spit some shit, but then some of the newer guys you mentioned somehow managed to outdo that level of wackness, and apparently enjoy the fact they're making a mockery of hip hop and the public in general at the same time...another one that springs to mind is Hurricane Chris! Ay Bay Bay...are u kidding me?! is this shit even considered music...

somebody needs to collect them all together and get the firing squad out...seriously...take no prisoners, just rid the world of their poison... :-X

/end rant

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Jome

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »
^ Word.

no one is ruining anything, there is nothing to ruin. they are all their unique own artist, remember this is an ART form that's why they are ARTISTS.

the same way people get along with scribbling on a piece of paper and calling it art and selling it for $300,000 - that's what they are doing.

You filter the good and the bad on your own, that's what makes listening to music enjoyable, you know what you like.

and if it's something you don't like, just don't listen to it - listen to the artists that you like, it's that simple, people need to quit complaining about people hurting hip hop, bla bla bla - so what? Don't hate on them if they are making money and enjoying what they are doing, even if you think it sucks.
I agree some stuff makes me think "damn, how did that get big" - but people are buying it. Majority rules.
In the end things will work out, no one remembers mediocre artists but people will always remember the good ones.

I think you know what I'm saying, or you're twisting it.
I'm avoiding the "artists" mentioned in the first post at all cost, but they're popping up everywhere, guests appearances ruining proper artists work, often just because they get product placement for being on the same label..
"Crossover promotion" I think they call it.

Also, it's almost embarrassing to admit that you're listening to hip hop when the average music listener translate "hip hop" to what they hear on the radio.. as LH said above, they're making a mockery of hip hop. :grumpy:

ikke

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:43:54 AM »
You are.

Hip-Hop Elitists do hip-hop wrong, not the 'bad rappers'
Rappers are scared of releasing albums because their fans won't be happy anyway, mostly because their fans are often stuck in he past and hate on almost everything post 2000.

As for all of those rappers you mentioned, they´re making another type of hip-hop you don't like.
Hip-Hop is so big that the differences between the  sub-genres are very noticable now, I would even say it's not 1 genre anymore.
Lyrics just aren't that important in crunk & trap it's about the show, beats & delivery.

Most of those artists aren't even claiming to be lyrical. Soulja Boy is an exeption but I have to admit it is funny when he claims to be lyrical.

But really, rick ross?
He's a fraud but he is far from the worst, deeper then rap was a pretty good album.

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
I actually liked Pitbull's music a couple of years ago. Now it has nothing to do with Hip Hop anymore. Never bothered for the others, but J-Kwon's Hood Hop was hot!
I didn't know bout woka flocka flame and checked out "Oletsdoit" right now. I'm kinda speechless... :o They actually bump this shit in the U.S.?
This makes 'Tipsy' sound like a hip hop classic! I guess I'm lucky for not owning a TV or Radio. 8)

In general I think that the level of entitlement (hope that's correct) will manage to drop further, not only with Hip Hop. It's just cool to be a fool!

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »
i dont think its a case of ruining it but those on that list would all be guilty of making crappy songs.

And fuck it Tipsy was and still is a house party classic
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
Didn't expect such a "holier than thou" thread from you Jome. I know you're not one of those white European guys that only listen to De La Soul, Dead Prez, Slum Ville and always talk about real hip hop.... so I'm surprised. All the artist you mentioned bring a different dimension to hip-hop and what hip hop needs is variety and it's still here, you just have to look for it. So you have your Gucci Maine's strictly for party jams, that ignorant music. And out of those you mentioned Jeezy stands out as somebody who always brings a dope album for the ride with little to no substance or logic in their lyrics. And Ross & Wanye create better albums than most of the so called "real" mc's.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »
Don't blame those dudes for getting popular.

Women are ruining hip-hop. Bitches used to be into R&B, but there's no R&B anymore. Now you got pop acts either ripping off Justin Timberlake or hip-hop acts trying to act like R&B acts making club songs. Females buy more records than anybody so guess who drives the direction of the industry and decided who is popular or not?

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
There's a rapper who calls him Woocka Flocka Flacka? .. or whatever the hell it was.

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
fans are ruining it.

if they didn't support today's music, record labels wouldn't push it; but since everyone & their mother supports it, it keeps coming back.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »

Women are ruining hip-hop. Bitches used to be into R&B, but there's no R&B anymore. Now you got pop acts either ripping off Justin Timberlake or hip-hop acts trying to act like R&B acts making club songs. Females buy more records than anybody so guess who drives the direction of the industry and decided who is popular or not?
That's some real shit. R&B and hip hop have practically merged into one watered down genre.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 02:02:33 PM »
fans are ruining it.

if they didn't support today's music, record labels wouldn't push it; but since everyone & their mother supports it, it keeps coming back.
You can also argue that people are supporting today's music because the industry keeps pushing it. Maybe they are both a factor in a never ending circular cycle. :-\

Jome

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »
Didn't expect such a "holier than thou" thread from you Jome. I know you're not one of those white European guys that only listen to De La Soul, Dead Prez, Slum Ville and always talk about real hip hop.... so I'm surprised.

I've always hated the so-called "real hip hop heads" who look down on anything with a music video to it, but shit is getting ridiculous, it's getting watered out to the max.
And it leads to real artists with actual talent not getting signed or getting an album out because record labels won't push it.

I won't blame them for getting popular/cash, but I'll sure blame them for watering down hip hop and making a complete mockery of it.

That's some real shit. R&B and hip hop have practically merged into one watered down genre.
You can also argue that people are supporting today's music because the industry keeps pushing it. Maybe they are both a factor in a never ending circular cycle. :-\

Werd.

You are.

Hip-Hop Elitists do hip-hop wrong, not the 'bad rappers'

So you're an hip hop elitist if you frown upon retarded lyrics with no substance, mumbled by random clowns.. good to know.

Fraxxx

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »
There's a rapper who calls him Woocka Flocka Flacka? .. or whatever the hell it was.

Please click on this link, you will be suprised!

i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.