Author Topic: Who's ruining hiphop?  (Read 715 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Who's ruining hiphop?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »
^that wasn't my exact point, i only said Chamillionaire because i was listening to him on Youtube lol.

you can take any "real rapper" that gets zero radio play & insert him for Chamillionaire's name.

the point is that if people demanded to listen to a new Xzibit song & made a big a deal about the song as they did for "Best I've Ever Had", you would hear more "real rap" on the radio.

but the average person just doesn't care if Crooked I gets played on the radio & doesn't show that appeal for him to drop more music, but they do for today's "sellout" shit & that's why it gets pushed.

like SIK's been saying, you can't blame the artists because these labels are pulling kids off the street & throwing millions at them to sing & dance in music videos & you're just lying to yourself & everyone else if you're telling me you wouldn't do the same, if given the chance.
Yup. You grow up poor and struggling and if a label throws you a big advance just because you got a cool look but no talent, you'd be a fool no to take up that offer. The people buying into it (mostly females, but of course a lot of younger guys too) eat that shit up and everyone laughs to the bank.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 06:25:06 AM »
The fans are to blame.The ones that download music instead of buying it.When you see albums come out and sell nothing its the fan to blame.

ikke

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 08:17:29 AM »
Dj's used to wanna check for a track
Now Dj's want a check for a track.

That pretty much explains why the radio is so repetative.

I honestly think this whole topic is ridiculous.
Let me give a comparison: Did Punk ruin rock?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
The sheep that follow whatever someone else tells them is "hot".

Bananas

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
the fans.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
lol @ suckaducka.....damn jome
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »
It has to be Diddy because after Biggie died, it seemed that Diddy took control of this hip hop shit by utilizing pop.  If you all listened to that No Way Out album you'll know what I'm talking about.  This sound influenced the rest of that decade with everybody doing popish records although there was a lot of hip hop still involved.  However, once we get into the 2000's, rap gets more "poppy" and the lyrics are dumbed-down, and now we have some gay techno/pop/rap/crap/shit music! 

2euce 7even

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 02:51:28 AM »
luv da south but these days pussies rap da south.
"new" southern influence kills hip-hop.

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »
Master P ruined hip hop 13 years ago.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
lol at least you didnt say his son did...haha

Master P ruined hip hop 13 years ago.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:16 PM »
it started with this and from there on just went downhill

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
it started with this and from there on just went downhill

i don't know if it was that song, but it was that sub-genre right there.

you could always make the argument that 50's "The Massacre" had SO many club/female appealing songs, it gave a few record executives some ideas.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »
no one is ruining anything, there is nothing to ruin. they are all their unique own artist, remember this is an ART form that's why they are ARTISTS.

the same way people get along with scribbling on a piece of paper and calling it art and selling it for $300,000 - that's what they are doing.

You filter the good and the bad on your own, that's what makes listening to music enjoyable, you know what you like.

and if it's something you don't like, just don't listen to it - listen to the artists that you like, it's that simple, people need to quit complaining about people hurting hip hop, bla bla bla - so what? Don't hate on them if they are making money and enjoying what they are doing, even if you think it sucks.
I agree some stuff makes me think "damn, how did that get big" - but people are buying it. Majority rules.
In the end things will work out, no one remembers mediocre artists but people will always remember the good ones.

man you spoke alot of networth in this post, and you right i hear alot of shit and be like damn what the fucc is this shit and that's even from artist i like at times,but no artist can ruin hip hop, only thing is fucc'd up is the higher ups who really control the mainstream part yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 07:36:39 PM »
bloggers make it seem corny (when ur looking at it from an intellectual point of view; which most try to do on here and elsewhere).  when u look for news and go thru threads u c tha repeating closed minded listener offenders (GetYourWalkOn ahh-hmmm) and then u get tha random dumb ass that makes u think "dam... what tha fuck... whatever".  

then when u actually look for some music (and no bitch it's NOT hard; i hate when ppl say that shit) then u find out (again) that everything's alright.  i dont know about cha'll but I LOVE MY CLASSICS and will "always and forever" play them but i'll be damned if that shit dont get as dry or boring as some of tha shit i hear on tha radio (i love The Chronic but i HAVE TO put that shit on tha backburner for months at a time, and then i play it out all over again but that's a whole nother discussion in it's self).  

maybe Hip Hop for the good bloggers of dubcc would see shit from a more positive point of view if the same ppl stop lagging on and bombarding every topic, it would do YOU and the web-surfers mad justice if some of y'all got a life and canned this dubbshit for a month or two (atleast a week or two) - trust me and find out.  and 4 tha record since this is a "westcoast" board shit would look a hellava lot better for the Coast PR-Wise if they created a throwback section for that part of the board, i mean for fuckin sake it's 2010 why is there a new topic every other day about some DeathRow shit or some NWA Family Tree ass nigga.  there's no good reason why there shouldn't be.

rap never died for me, all it was doin' was growin up and whole time some people still dont see it lol!

alot of networth right here, but i wonder if equals felt this way when all bet did was play gangsta rap? when they stop playing freestyle fellowship and madkap and the like? everything that get's played to much gets boring to you, just the good thing about the late 80's early 90's was everything got played,from hammer,vanilla ice,urban dance squad,snap,to pe,cube,tribe called quest,rakim,geto boys, and that's because label's was in a rush to play the hot thing and didn't know the fan base behind it,but once they bring in that "so called" expert to what sales,they stop listening to the artist and want everything to sound a certain way,i bet even some of them wacc artist might make a couple of songs with substance and the label will shelve it because they don't think the fans will like it, it's alot of politics yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:21 PM »
The sheep that follow whatever someone else tells them is "hot".
fo shoulders,but that's alot of people on here too, if it's a rapper that has ties to some gangsta rapper people succ em off,but then it can be some other artist who are not known but bring'n some dope shit to the table and alot of muthafuccas will not even checc on it CAUSE NOBODY ELSE TOLD EM IT WAS HOT YET, why all of us folks who are doing the most bitching don't organize and come up with a way to get so called real hip hop played,instead of just air'n out our anger with the industry in a forum? yell