Author Topic: Serius Jones Interview  (Read 120 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Serius Jones Interview
« on: March 21, 2010, 01:04:25 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/seriusjonesinterview.htm

I2G kicked it with Serius Jones for a interview. We discuss his classic battles in Fight Klub and his championship reign, the deal with Disturbing The Peace and what happened with that, his upcoming projects and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Serius Jones, how's it going?

Good, good brotha. Blessed man. Living one day at a time, on a mission.

Alright. Tell me a little bit about how you got your start in hip hop and who are some of your musical influences out there.

Well I got my start in music and what inspired me to actually do music was I grew up in a musical household. When I was 8 years old my pops bought me a Public Enemy record, and I always had headphones and I was into music. As I got older and started going through life, it just translated into me starting to freestyle and having something to say.

It was then that myself and others started to realize that I had this much music in me. So that was what brought me into the light as far as being a artist.

Ok.

But really in terms of influences, just the greats that transformed the culture. That I grew up on and grew up listening to and wanted to be like.

Tell me a little bit about your experience being a contestant in the Fight Klub tournament.

Well it was definitely a classic experience, a classic legacy that I lefted. In terms of the streets and the battle aspect of hip hop. I won 12 in a row in one year and basically became a international name just from murdering MCs. If anybody does not know about that, they need to google it and check out the different battles that I had.

It was really the birth of my career, in terms of me becoming a presence and me becoming a respectable MC.

Would you say out of all the battles that you have had, is there one MC that stands out more than the others as your toughest opponent?

Nah I mean really I knew what I was doing that for and that was for money. I got over 30,000 dollars in one year just off battling. I knew exactly what I was doing, and my opponent is usually me. As long as I stick to what I know and to my strategy, like normally I know who I am going to battle so I can build on my freestyle.

In terms of MCs, I don't even see them. I see food in front of me and money on the table and that camera that I know is from BET and MTV. That was just the foundation of my career that I built on and now it is way on a different level.

That leads right into my next question. Disturbing The Peace then came and signed you to a deal. What ever happened with that?

That has been a wrap for almost 2 years now. That is why we are doing these interviews because we have to catch people up. I basically have been independently grinding for the past 2 years, I put out 20 videos in the last year, I got a movie that is classic called Life Is Serius. If you google it right now or go to www.getserius.com and you can check out the short film.

Man, I just came back from Europe on a tour, I got about 4 different projects that I am about to drop. Shout out to DTP for the cushion financially that they blessed me with, but in terms of pushing and standing next to a artist and cosigning to make sure the world knows that it is official, they did not do that. It's no hard feelings, it's business. I had some issues on my own as well so I just took it upon myself to do what I needed to do and make sure that I am still growing. I am doing more now then when I was signed so it is funny how the game works sometimes.

Definitely. You mentioned the movie and the albums earlier, do you have anything else in the works coming up.

Yeah the movie is already at 5 million views online. I am actually working on part 2 of the Get Serius movie in about 3 weeks. As far as albums, my debut album is called Life Is Serius, which is the album that I recorded while I was on a major. God is good and I had alot of talented producers around me during the making of that album that have produced for Outkast, Beyonce, Usher, John Legend. These are my producers so I have been blessed to have this outlandishly crazy music that is on this project.

Basically I am going to put that out with both of these movies. So it is going to be the movies and the album, which is basically going to be a soundtrack. Because it is on some real life shit, it is about how I came up. Being a no name guy with no money, to being a internationally known name grindin. It is a adventure and it is a crazy story and alot of people do not understand the particulars of this game.

If you don't have a job and you got to support a family off strictly talent. In terms of that album, you can look forward to that this year, also if you go to www.getserius.com I have 2 free projects called Why So Serius and Serius Bizness. You can download those and they are classic street albums. I am giving out free music so people can get in tune with it. I have another 3 projects after that also, one is about my tour overseas. I basically recorded a whole album and shot 2 HD videos and made a documentary out of it.

That is going to be called the Euro Tour. If you google it right now and type in Euro Tour, you will see 2 of the videos, one of me in the club with 30 Roman girls going crazy. The other one is called Euros and it is just about the whole journey.

What is your thoughts right now on the status of lyricists in hip hop? It seems like the game is more structured towards simple songs and club music. Lyrics are starting to come more to the forefront but just what are your thoughts on it?

My take on it is, I try to take things simple. I am a lyricist, but I am also a artist. Whether I am in a battle or I am in a song, a movie, a video, it is all about painting a picture. In reality, if you are telling a story and painting a picture, alot of lyricists that are only that, they have this complex that people are hating on them because they are so lyrical.

No, in reality the great MCs are the ones that are lyrical, but it translates to the everyday person. A regular person that does not even listen to rap can recite a Biggie verse, a Jay-Z verse, a Nas verse. It's not what you say, it is how you say it and how you draw people in. I think when MCs think about more when they have universal worldly music, it is not so much that people are hating. People like hot lyrics, but I call them lyrical miracles they just rhyming in that pattern and after 16 bars of that most people can't understand what the hell you just said.

Laughs

It is either that or I am so street that I don't have to rhyme. It is those 2 extremes, but I have been blessed to where I would like to think I know what cool shit is. If you are rapping on a song and you are not drawing people in to care about your life or understand your perspective on shit, then they are not going to care. That is what hip hop has turned into, a bunch of people rapping and no one cares. Because it is not a refreshing perspective on things, not a new way, not a new style, it is just same shit over and over. I think the world is getting tired of that.

Never quite thought about it like that, that is some real talk. Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Yeah I got a show in Boston next week. I have another one on April 9th at Club 58, in Quincy, MA. The challenge for me is actually having a stable tour schedule, really I am just all over the page with it. I don't even have a manager right now, so I am booking all my own shows. People ask me who did I go on tour with overseas, it was just me (laughs). I got a ticket for myself and performed in 5 countries.

Wow.

In reality, I am looking to create more stability in terms of a touring schedule, but for now, if someone calls and wants me to perform, as long as they got the money and it is official, I am there. So I might be in your hood next month, but honestly I am just living on the fly right now.

What is your website information?

www.getserius.com, that is basically the hub for my whole zone. From the different videos to the Euro Tour, Life Is Serius the movie, the street albums, and just stay in tune, I am not stopping. This is just the beginning for me and I feel I am just growing into my own as a great artist. But I want your opinion and I want the world to tell me. Check me out and let me know.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Yeah shout out to Illuminati 2G for yall taking this time with me. For everyone checking this interview out, I want yall to know that God is real and if you believe in yourself, there are no limits man. Anyone that believes in real, fuck with me man and we can do it together.

Appreciate the interview.

Alright thanks alot brotha.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Serius Jones Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:36:03 PM »
DTP stay fucking up lol.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58:52 AM »

kemizt

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 06:44:06 AM »
luda's last 4 albums..lol

DTP stay fucking up lol.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.