Author Topic: Game Recruits RZA, Dr. Dre For R.E.D. Album All-Star Production Cast  (Read 2623 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Re: Game Recruits RZA, Dr. Dre For R.E.D. Album All-Star Production Cast
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
Im pretty sure this shit will drop in the fall i hope it drops soon

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
The hell is going on in this thread?

Get Up was produced by Scott Storch.

we're not having this debate all over again :laugh:

dre is credited as 'mixer'....but your ears should tell you it sounds absolutely nothing like a scott storch beat, except for the melody...

JEEZ, how many idiots is it on this forum? When Storch is credited as a producer, it means he IS the producer of the record. All this wishfull thinking is seriously pathetic.

lol, its not 'wishful' thinking, just being objective about the actual sound. besides storch was in rehab/not producing records at the time so likely a storch/dre track from the bishop sessions...

can you name any scott storch produced records that use a similar drum set? thought not.

Oh, my bad. Since the drums are different from other Storch tracks that means Dr. Dre MUST have produced it. I mean, it's not like Storch himself could have just used some different drums on that track.

If I hear a Storch beat that has different sounds than his previous beats, I will now know that Dr. Dre produced it. Thanks Matty!

Matty

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 11:28:25 AM »
The hell is going on in this thread?

Get Up was produced by Scott Storch.

we're not having this debate all over again :laugh:

dre is credited as 'mixer'....but your ears should tell you it sounds absolutely nothing like a scott storch beat, except for the melody...

JEEZ, how many idiots is it on this forum? When Storch is credited as a producer, it means he IS the producer of the record. All this wishfull thinking is seriously pathetic.

lol, its not 'wishful' thinking, just being objective about the actual sound. besides storch was in rehab/not producing records at the time so likely a storch/dre track from the bishop sessions...

can you name any scott storch produced records that use a similar drum set? thought not.

Oh, my bad. Since the drums are different from other Storch tracks that means Dr. Dre MUST have produced it. I mean, it's not like Storch himself could have just used some different drums on that track.

If I hear a Storch beat that has different sounds than his previous beats, I will now know that Dr. Dre produced it. Thanks Matty!

no, your just not listening. if it sounds a extra nice and dre is credited as the 'mixer'. and dre is credited as the mixer for 'get up'...

there are plenty of examples of tracks 'mixed' by dre where a producers work suddenly sounds significantly better or different. not even in a subtle way, but often blatantly obvious like 'get up'. at the end of the day it is speculation, but i'm basing it on the sound before the other details are even relevant.

and we've had this debate on here countless times - what is a producer, who would be considered the producer(s) of a certain track, etc...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:33:37 AM by Matty »

Jaydc

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »
If dre had produced it he would have given himself the credit as co producer plain and simple.

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »
Game needs to release a single soon, this album sounds like it could be the best (production-wise) since 2001. I'd be more hyped about this too if DJ Quik, JR Rotem or Terrace Martin were producing some cuts on it.
That plus Clyde Carson and Juice making appearences on it.

Terrace Martin produced  1 track for game for R.E.D
CAN I HAZ D;

MediumL

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2010, 01:46:28 PM »
I'm not one of the guys that hates on Game for no reason. I don't think he's that great as a rapper and his last album was pretty weak.

He relies on good guests and hot beats but when it works its definitely entertaining so the news of these producers can only be a good thing (I hope). Shame no Just Blaze though.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
Game needs to release a single soon, this album sounds like it could be the best (production-wise) since 2001. I'd be more hyped about this too if DJ Quik, JR Rotem or Terrace Martin were producing some cuts on it.
That plus Clyde Carson and Juice making appearences on it.

Terrace Martin produced  1 track for game for R.E.D

JR also produced (at least) one track

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »
One Premier track would have did me just fine. I would have murdered that sh--. But we ain't get it in, 'cause he was doing a whole bunch of sh-- for Christina Aguilera.

What in the flyin' fuck??

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
tina pays him more...lol

One Premier track would have did me just fine. I would have murdered that sh--. But we ain't get it in, 'cause he was doing a whole bunch of sh-- for Christina Aguilera.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:56 PM »

Premo's done plenty of tracks for Aguilera.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
i dont post much but I thought Id throw my opinion in the mix. To start I think the reason the hype for this album is getting bigger without even having a single to go from is because of the Game/Dre reunion. I am a Game fan and I think most of the Game fans will agree that ever since the split between Game and the Aftermath camp everyone has been waiting for a reunion between Game/Dre. Its been talked about for a long time and it has finally happened. That would explain some of the hype, I also think people are intrested to see what Game/Pharell have come up with, Now Pharell has been a big influence in many careers and has done some great things for some artists. I think people are getting hyped about this idea of Game/Pharell/Dre.

Think about it, Game has recieved criticism on his last two albums because of lack of direction and lack of content. Why? because he was in charge.This time he let Pharell/Dre take the reigns and give him direction and criticism, this will insure an album that is on par with the Documentary. Simply because he has real Producers as Executive Producers, which means it will flow properly and will be mixed properly. I trust in Dre's ability to mix an album down well, and Pharells ability to direct an artist on how appeal to the current market (not saying hes gonna sound like soulja Boy, dont take it out of context).  also I wouldnt compare those tracks like How We Do and Higher, They both go hard and good tracks but they arent the same type of song Get Up is, Too different types of song shouldnt be compared. As far as I see it they are all good in their own way. Lets focus on whats to come. and to the people who been passing judgment based on the tracks Game has released so far, You guys dont get it. Game release bullshit music before his albums come out cause he is sitting on the tracks worth keeping, Hes not going to give you quality shit till the Album comes out and the quality leftovers will come out afterwards. but rightnow its going to be just the bullshit fucking around music. this is his usual M.O.
:eh: you're kidding, right?

yeah some even doubt dre can make somethin as dope as outta control anymore...lol
but westside story and higher>>>>.how we do by miles

how we do >>>>>> higher....and i dont give a fuck wut your fucking argument will be

both are really good songs, on a really good album.

i still fail to see where Get Up came into this conversation though..

that song was so average at best; yeah, Dre dropped a monster on the boards, but it takes more than that to make it a hit.

that shit barely even did anything on the charts and/or the clubs.

and where is the BWS artists on the album?

LOL, like Game would give them a chance. :D

he wants to be the only motherfucker on the West shining, unless he's doing a track with a legend.

you can say what you want about Jimmy picking the lineup for Game, but if Game really wanted anyone off BWS to be on the album, they could find a feature for him.

Higher sounds like a dude who tries to get his penis up but can't, ''Dim dim dim dim dim, dum dum dum dum'' repeat it and add some piano after the last ''dum'' and there, you got higher.
It's not melodic, it sucks. How we do was futuristic, incredible, the claps in the beginning, the violin, the melodic piano, the extra drums, Game's flow, 50's chorus = CLASSIC

classic?  :sshh:

Yes, a CLASSIC club banger. You haven't been to a club the last 10 years Vader have you?

Matty

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 08:37:40 AM »
'how we do' is a pure club track. it isn't even that good on a car system imo but in a club environment tis incredible 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »
How We Do sounds great on a car system, that thump is crazy.

Matty

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
How We Do sounds great on a car system, that thump is crazy.

i dunno man, that thump was a bit too much in a small enclosed space. i think it sounds crazy in a more open space with the extra reverb 8)

on game singles - 'hate it or love it' had sickening amounts of bass on a car system. too much for me :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:44 AM »
Yes, a CLASSIC club banger. You haven't been to a club the last 10 years Vader have you?
that's not what you wrote the first time.
well some people may shake their asses to it, but i still think the song is decent at best.

for the record, i'm not Vader, LOL  ;D ask Jome if you don't believe me