Author Topic: Game Recruits RZA, Dr. Dre For R.E.D. Album All-Star Production Cast  (Read 2621 times)

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Game Recruits RZA, Dr. Dre For R.E.D. Album All-Star Production Cast
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »
and get up was one of the biggest let downs for me. Thought it was going to be dop, that beat is garbo to me and 50 didn't do nothing on it anyways. Credibility should be stripped from you for saying get up is better than how we do let be serious here lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
yeah some even doubt dre can make somethin as dope as outta control anymore...lol
but westside story and higher>>>>.how we do by miles

how we do >>>>>> higher....and i dont give a fuck wut your fucking argument will be

both are really good songs, on a really good album.

i still fail to see where Get Up came into this conversation though..

that song was so average at best; yeah, Dre dropped a monster on the boards, but it takes more than that to make it a hit.

that shit barely even did anything on the charts and/or the clubs.

and where is the BWS artists on the album?

LOL, like Game would give them a chance. :D

he wants to be the only motherfucker on the West shining, unless he's doing a track with a legend.

you can say what you want about Jimmy picking the lineup for Game, but if Game really wanted anyone off BWS to be on the album, they could find a feature for him.

Jaydc

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Yeah,thats absolute horse shit that game doesnt get a say lol,get fucking real if he wanted someone on his own album he could do  it.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
yeah some even doubt dre can make somethin as dope as outta control anymore...lol

how we do >>>>>> higher....and i dont give a fuck wut your fucking argument will be

both are really good songs, on a really good album.

i still fail to see where Get Up came into this conversation though..

that song was so average at best; yeah, Dre dropped a monster on the boards, but it takes more than that to make it a hit.

that shit barely even did anything on the charts and/or the clubs.

and where is the BWS artists on the album?

LOL, like Game would give them a chance. :D

he wants to be the only motherfucker on the West shining, unless he's doing a track with a legend.

you can say what you want about Jimmy picking the lineup for Game, but if Game really wanted anyone off BWS to be on the album, they could find a feature for him.

Higher sounds like a dude who tries to get his penis up but can't, ''Dim dim dim dim dim, dum dum dum dum'' repeat it and add some piano after the last ''dum'' and there, you got higher.
It's not melodic, it sucks. How we do was futuristic, incredible, the claps in the beginning, the violin, the melodic piano, the extra drums, Game's flow, 50's chorus = CLASSIC

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »
^If game don't have a label deal then he can't put them on the album. It's all about money game doesn't decide what tracks make it. If jimmy iovine thinks someone is marketable then he'll let them on the album i'd guess so. How come d12 wasn't on the marshall mathers lp? same reason...Although i do agree game likes to be the only one hot out here. And this album is going to be dope as fuck. Fuck what the haters say. LAX was a decent album but was just poorly structured and the flow of tracks didn't work while Doctors Advocate had a nice flow. DA was dope as fuck really LAX was the only disappointment and even so it will still get rotations

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
Yeah,thats absolute horse shit that game doesnt get a say lol,get fucking real if he wanted someone on his own album he could do  it.

even if it was just one person; they could find space for one verse for him.

Jimmy allows Eminem to throw Obie Trice & members of D-12 on his albums.

& if by some ridiculous long shot this is true & Game really isn't allowed to get any of them on his album, that is why mainstream Hip Hop is stone cold dead; you can't even get actual rappers on your albums? Jimmy gives Game a list of mainstream guys he's "allowed" to put on his albums?

which also leads me to saying, i don't see how you guys are hyped for this lol; i mean, why do you think Jimmy "won't allow" guys off BWS on the album? because they don't appeal mainstream; meaning this album is straight set up for mainstream appeal & nothing less. what kind of "vintage West Coast classic" songs you expect Game to drop when he can't even get one of his street homies on the album, but he can get Lady GaGa..?

Jaydc

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
^If game don't have a label deal then he can't put them on the album. It's all about money game doesn't decide what tracks make it. If jimmy iovine thinks someone is marketable then he'll let them on the album i'd guess so. How come d12 wasn't on the marshall mathers lp? same reason...Although i do agree game likes to be the only one hot out here. And this album is going to be dope as fuck. Fuck what the haters say. LAX was a decent album but was just poorly structured and the flow of tracks didn't work while Doctors Advocate had a nice flow. DA was dope as fuck really LAX was the only disappointment and even so it will still get rotations

What the fuck,d 12 WAS on the marshal mathers lp.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »

What the fuck,d 12 WAS on the marshal mathers lp.

yeah, "Under The Influence"; & they were on The Eminem Show & Encore..lol.

Matty

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »
cham if you wanna know where 'get up' came into the conversation that'll be me :laugh:

anything related to dre produced singles and chances are you'll find me talking about 'outta control remix' and 'get up' 8)

i don't think game will be on anything too dark or on a similar vibe to 'how we do' though...i can imagine it being some more chill and grown up shit this time. obviously anything mildly westcoast, head nodding, upbeat and funky is what i'm checking for...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »
cham if you wanna know where 'get up' came into the conversation that'll be me :laugh:

anything related to dre produced singles and chances are you'll find me talking about 'outta control remix' and 'get up' 8)

i don't think game will be on anything too dark or on a similar vibe to 'how we do' though...i can imagine it being some more chill and grown up shit this time. obviously anything mildly westcoast, head nodding, upbeat and funky is what i'm checking for...

i just found it very average; i can't put it in the same sentence as the "Outta Control Remix"; but to each his own lol.

as for RED Album's Dre produced single, i see it being as mainstream as they come; i just hope it has a nice West Coast feel to it & i'll be good. i can't see it topping "How We Do", but i just hope it's better than my expectations for it. :P

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
noone gives a fuck each others argument... lol...take it how you want it
higher + westside story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>how we do

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
Chams speaks truth about one thing, if game really wanted a BWS nigga on one of his tracks, he could def get them on it if he pushed hard enough. Aslong as the joint was dope ofcourse. However it would have to make sense. If he put a bws nigga on his record, it would mean once he is done with his record he would have to push his bws nigga out there too and i dont see game as that sorta business cat. Almost can see why he wouldnt put a BWS cat on it because its not like we going to hear off the cat ever again anyway lol. Game just needs to survive on his own, niggas of the west dont come by often anymore so when a cat like games got a name, he better work to keep his own name out their more than worrying about someone who aint never going to get an album out most likely under him.

I love how this album seems to fully backed by dre and has some of the biggest hiphop producers backing it. Should be banging, i gotta feeling this shits going to be heat. Not none of that 50/eminem bullshitt some of y'all get 'hyped' for lol  ;)

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »
Lyrical_G:   thanks for pointing that out, that was the anti G-Unit mixtape period. Some of his best verses came from those tapes. I forgot about the tapes for a min.

I think the reason L.A.X. was such a let down was because it was so rushed. I remember the time frame, Game just got out twin towers(PC'd up by the way, but I wont hold it against him) after serving a week and he went in the studio with Cool N Dre and that was at the begining of the year and the album was in stores by the 4th quarter. I remember The Documentary was 3 years in the making and Im pretty sure Doctor's Advocate took like a year and a half to get put out. Then you have L.A.X. done in a few months. He rushed it and it was lackluster to some people, dont get me wrong...I enjoyed the album but it didnt stand out as a classic. Doctor's Advocate was my personal favorite because the content was personal.

I noticed some of the guys were talking about how the Dre/Eminem tracks and Dre/50 tracks have come out. Em knows how he wants his music to sound when he makes it and Dre tailor fits his beats to fit with Em's vision....Same with 50, Dre will build a beat around you....The reason people get so hyped with the Game/Dre colabos is cause they come from the same place, its that west coast G funk new era type music. Dre makes beats like that for Game cause thats what Game represents, he is catering to his image and style. Thats why How We Do, Higher, & Westside Story sounded like some Chronic 2004 type shit.

Also Matty mentioned that a lot of people dont care about Pharell, cause his beats havent been stellar recently, which I wont argue but what Im trying to say about Pharell is that he is very good at giving an artist direction and coaching them on how to make good music. I remember Snoop said in an interview some years back that Dre was responsible for giving him his first #1 album but it wasnt tell he worked with Pharell that Snoop actually had his #1 chart topping single......he said that Pharell was responsible for taking his career to a new level. I think that the same thing is going to happen to Game, I see him having a chance to become a bigger figure in Hip Hop with Pharell guiding him.

Lastly, BWS....In one of those video interviews Game did last year the dude asked him about BWS and he started naming off Juice and Clyde and X.O. and Game said that they are still there doing their thing but when he was asked why they arent featured on the albums, Game actually went on record and said they need to make a name for themselves first. Once they make a name for themselves he will put all his efforts into backing them, but not sooner. I know it sounds kinda fucked when you first think about it but its for their own good man, do that shit on your own and show me you want it type mentality.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
On one hand I dont understand the hype  around this album on this forum because lax was an abortion of an album and game has gotten progressively worse each album.

More or less how I feel though I only felt the production on Doctor's Advocate was poorer, lyrically he stepped it up.

Anyways, BWS is a joke.  I wouldn't want to feature any of those "artists" on my album if I could work with the likes of Nas or Common.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
On one hand I dont understand the hype  around this album on this forum because lax was an abortion of an album and game has gotten progressively worse each album.

More or less how I feel though I only felt the production on Doctor's Advocate was poorer, lyrically he stepped it up.

Anyways, BWS is a joke.  I wouldn't want to feature any of those "artists" on my album if I could work with the likes of Nas or Common.

Well I agree that xo and menace are garbage,i think clyde carson is a great new artist that could move units.