Author Topic: Need help on a political position on (Citizens United v. Federal Election Commis  (Read 259 times)

Geesta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission

i need someone to help me better understand this issue...

my assignment is
Assume you are a legislative assistant to a member of the US Senate.. My assignment is to write a persuasive paper in the form of a policy memorandum in which you will support or oppose the Courts decision in this case.

so pretty much i need to take a side and argue whether im for it or against it...

the problem is im having a difficult time understanding the issue besides the fact its just a movie about Hillary Clinton that never came out.

can anyone help me get a better understanding on this.. i know there are some really intelligent heads in here when it comes to politics... to bad i am not one of them.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Whether federal campaign finance laws apply to a film critical of Senator Hillary Clinton intended to be shown in theaters and on-demand to cable subscribers."

Geesta

yeah i did more research today and im starting to understand it better

the Senate ruled that it was ok to do it...

im not sure wheather my argument should be that the big corporations that are spending the money on this shit should be spending there money are that shit or wheather it is slandering her name

so i guess im against it....
now i need to back up my claims why and find 5 articles

FML.... i hate school

Geesta

aight i got it on lock...

imma drop my rough draft on here tomorrow and let me know what you think
i know you dont know how the format and what is suppose to be like but its just a simple paper on an issue

ill drop my argument and the first paragraph backing my claim
i also have to give a counter to my position but thats easy to do...

im trippin cus this is 20% of my grade and if i get an A on this paper ill be making an A in the course

its not due till the 30th

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, this issue is definitely going to keep growing every new election. 

Bananas

Leave it to a woman democrat to get so butthurt she wants to be lawfully protected from your regular campaign mudslinging.

AG I'd reconsider if I were you.

Geesta

Leave it to a woman democrat to get so butthurt she wants to be lawfully protected from your regular campaign mudslinging.

AG I'd reconsider if I were you.

its too late rough draft is due today

but i feel you on that
 :-\