Author Topic: Saadam's palace  (Read 387 times)

Trauma-san

Saadam's palace
« on: December 04, 2002, 12:02:48 AM »
They've got some pictures of Saadam's palace up on cnn.com that the weapons inspectors took, man that place is beautiful.  I wish Iraq was in better relations with us so I could visit stuff like that one day.  Peace~

infinite59

Re:Saadam's palace
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 02:59:48 AM »
That's the sign of a great mis-leader when he needs to have a home like that.  King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia was the same way.  In the 50's he spent some 46 million on his garages and the budget for the countries school system was some 150,000.  

I think Khomeni of Iran is a good leader.  And there are others in the Middle East that are good, modest living leaders.  But the Saudi government and Sadaam Hussien are misrepresenting Islam.  We are taught to live frugally, modestly, and give excess money away in zakat. (charity)  Like the prophet Muhammad...

The prophet Muhammad (salla alayhi wa salaam) had a makeshift home no better than any of his followers.  

Other great leaders like Nelson Mandela have never really had a dollar to his name, food and drink are usually given to him.  Socrates was a straight up broke, bumb.  Che Cuevera didn't want any money or anything from his followers, nor did Fidel Castro at that time.  But Fidel has changed.  

Anyway... the point is if you want to see how geniune a leader of a country or movement is, look at his home.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 03:02:36 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 07:29:19 AM »
^I agree. Thats a good point.  

However,  If you want to know how intelligent and capable a leader is where do you look?  His/her standard of living does not really answer this question in my eyes.

NOTE:  People come in/with different shapes, sizes, and beliefs.  A leader is supposed to do his best to serve ALL his people.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 07:29:56 AM by Ant »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 08:21:42 PM »
hey trauma..

after america attacks iraq, takes over its oilfields and installs a puppet regime, u should really visit Iraq

i swear, its a beautiful place...a long great history in that region..and Baghdad is an ancient capital with a history of beauty
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 09:11:52 PM »
LOL^^

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 10:13:11 PM »
Once we are in charge, I think I might pay a visit! I hope they put a themepark or something over there, Oilfields aren't really exciting. If you think about it Iraq has a centralized location, opportunities for tourism, and comfortable desert climate.
I.E. Disney Iraq!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 10:16:28 PM by Engel-Rock »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 12:29:03 PM »
omg how can people call "khomeini" a good leader  ???
he's dead man, just so you know, coz you said "he IS a good leader"......

khomeini and good shouldnt be in the same sentence
khamenei, the leader right now is even worse though..

khatami is the only one with some brain...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 12:30:31 PM by Nima »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 04:40:19 PM »

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 02:38:10 AM »

I'm talking about the leader that lead the Islamic revolution, removed the Shah from power, put a target on Rushdie's head (questionable), and died without a penny to his name.  I don't know the exact way to spell it or pronounce it, I'm not from Iran so anything I know about the country I've learned only recently since I became a Muslim.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2002, 02:41:20 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »