Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4731 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
aite cool good enough.....but now we have a problem...lol
theres no way IMO that gunit's recent muzik has been anythin near grodt let alone power of the dollar era....its damn near horrible...and that seems to be a fact for the most part on here...i guess thats why we have our own opinion but they have been wack for years...with that in mind its the same thing as to why people think jay and biggie are overrated
the same reason as to why gunit has been wack....jay is overrated and pac is underrated
yeah the top 10 lists will vary and its more of a biased list...altho there are honest people on here...so how bad or off can the list be? ;D
as far as jay not gettin enough credit...he gets way too much credit....way too much...and thats whats wrong
IMO....people give him credit and overlook what he does on the mic and say hes one of the dopest and automatically not cuz of what hes done on the mic but what hes done elsewhere...clothes, etc....otherwise IMO he isnt that dope and many rappers should eat him alive
the production is what makes jay
biggie got dope lines but they are both extremely overrated
aite how come jay-z is the almighty god on the mic but crooked is downplayed? (people say hes dope but he gets alot of hate...but jay dont get hate when he isnt or shouldnt be in the top 10 jus for the same reason crooked, scarface, nas and others should be)   
would crooked havin released a cd helped him be higher on this list?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2010, 07:11:05 PM »
It really only seems to be you that keep talking about Jay as some god.  Outside of the board people tend to like him more because he can make catchy songs, consistent albums, walks the talk, and has longevity.  

Jay-Z's New York > most of Crooked-I's material

edit:
As far as 50.  I don't think his work has gotten any worst since The Massacre.  His magnum opus is Get Rich or Die Trying.  Everything else since than hasn't been as good as that but few of it has been horrible (candy shop & amusement park is horrible).

double edit:

I really don't have an answer for you about Jay & Crooked.   My half ass comment doesn't do either of them justice.   So, I'm a just stick with what I said before.   Jay clearly connects more through his art.  Clearly, he hasn't connected with you but there's a lot more that he has.  Crooked hasn't.  Technically, i can say crooked hasn't created a dope album or too many dope songs.  Great with the bars but I can't say he's transitioned into a great song writer.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:15:09 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »
i branched out and im from the west but i listen to the east too....so pac overrated? i dont think hes overrated...but he released some wack aka commercial muzik...alot of it too but not overrated...he was a dope rapper and he should have hurt jay, mobb deep, biggie more than he did
pac is underrated jus like erick sermon is underrated...its coast 2 coast
Pac... is.... UNDERRATED?!?! How? Is there an album, interview, song the guy has made that hasn't been debated to death in countless forums? He is not just some brilliant artist that is revered among his peers and his fans. There are people (I'm not talking dozen, I'm talking hundreds. Maybe thousands) who are convinced he is a musical prophet to the point where if you compare him to another artist that they don't like or respect enough, it strikes them as a personal insult. There are Tupac movies. Tupac college courses. You name it. Yes, he's a compelling, intuiging, and articulate artist and nobody can ever take that from him but underrated? On a historical or pop culture level, what aspect of Pac's career has not gotten enough credit? Which of the albums released in his lifetime isn't called a classic or one of the greatest ever, whether it deserves that title or not? I mean, I seriously fail to see where looking at his career, he has been short-changed of any thing. I mean, every artist that has ever come out since, at one point or another, people have given credit to Pac for something he does. I can't think of any other artist that gets that anywhere and to such a degree.  

Matty

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »
i branched out and im from the west but i listen to the east too....so pac overrated? i dont think hes overrated...but he released some wack aka commercial muzik...alot of it too but not overrated...he was a dope rapper and he should have hurt jay, mobb deep, biggie more than he did
Pac... is.... UNDERRATED?!?! How? Is there an album, interview, song the guy has made that hasn't been debated to death in countless forums? He is not just some brilliant artist that is revered among his peers and his fans. There are people (I'm not talking dozen, I'm talking hundreds. Maybe thousands) who are convinced he is a musical prophet to the point where if you compare him to another artist that they don't like or respect enough, it strikes them as a personal insult. There are Tupac movies. Tupac college courses. You name it. Yes, he's a compelling, intuiging, and articulate artist and nobody can ever take that from him but underrated? On a historical or pop culture level, what aspect of Pac's career has not gotten enough credit? Which of the albums released in his lifetime isn't called a classic or one of the greatest ever, whether it deserves that title or not? I mean, I seriously fail to see where looking at his career, he has been short-changed of any thing. I mean, every artist that has ever come out since, at one point or another, people have given credit to Pac for something he does. I can't think of any other artist that gets that anywhere and to such a degree. 

i prefer biggie 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »
yeah pac has gotten credit in the aspects you mentioned jimmy...but jay shouldnt be gettin as much credit as he does...and thats what i mean...he gets too much credit
IMO lookin back...jay's best at goin at people creatively...hes one of the best at goin at people...nas got him but still jay is dope at when he does that....but still hes too overrated
action are you talkin about new york state of mind by jay >>>>crooked's...entire song disco? lol...its bout to get dirty up nis piece... ;D

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
i can't hate on the Kanye mention.

College Dropout = classic
Late Registration = personal above average album
Graduation = personal classic

you can't hate on that consistancy.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »

But you can hate on that 4th album that ain't on ya list LMAO. jks, yeah his first 3 albums are the shit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »

But you can hate on that 4th album that ain't on ya list LMAO. jks, yeah his first 3 albums are the shit.

people always say "what about 808's though?"; i look at it like, Kanye said himself that album wasn't rap, it was something else, so i don't even consider it an album of his when talking about Hip Hop lol. :P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
but ask him and he thinks he had album of the year....lol
808 bein album of the year

people always say "what about 808's though?"; i look at it like, Kanye said himself that album wasn't rap, it was something else, so i don't even consider it an album of his when talking about Hip Hop lol. :P
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
theres no way IMO that gunit's recent muzik has been anythin near grodt let alone power of the dollar era....its damn near horrible...and that seems to be a fact for the most part on here...i guess thats why we have our own opinion but they have been wack for years...with that in mind its the same thing as to why people think jay and biggie are overrated
Well, there in lies the pitfall of having that kind of sucess with your very first album. The same thing happened with Nas and "Illmatic". Snoop and "Doggystyle". So on and so forth.

the same reason as to why gunit has been wack....jay is overrated and pac is underrated
PAC IS NOT UNDERRATED!

aite how come jay-z is the almighty god on the mic but crooked is downplayed? (people say hes dope but he gets alot of hate...but jay dont get hate when he isnt or shouldnt be in the top 10 jus for the same reason crooked, scarface, nas and others should be)  
Jay doesn't get hate? Jay's been getting hate for over a decade. Crooked gets downplayed because he doesn't have a hit record. I mean even before 50 turned into the mixtape success story or even took the nine shots, he was the "How To Rob" guy. Crook's got the Hip-Hop Weeklys but let's be real. Jay is Jay, bro.

would crooked havin released a cd helped him be higher on this list?
No. I don't think so. I don't think it's necessarily about how many albums someone puts out. I don't think him being in the game for over a decade and not having a solo album out is doing him favors in that department but it's more about the impact the music you release has. I think Snoop, regardless of how people feel about him today, will always have "Doggystyle". Despite the perceived inability to top that, he created a masterpiece. Crooked never struck when the iron was hot. He's not one of the greatest yet because he hasn't had a career-defining moment.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
yeah pac has gotten credit in the aspects you mentioned jimmy...but jay shouldnt be gettin as much credit as he does...and thats what i mean...he gets too much credit
Well, Jay being overrated is one thing and that has shit to do with Pac.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »
but ask him and he thinks he had album of the year....lol
808 bein album of the year

well if you ask you or me or any other Hip Hop fans they would say no, it wasn't.

but maybe it was a great album for whatever genre it was; i could bump some shit off of it, can't front. 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

A album is a album to me, but yeah I feel ya. At the same dime if it would have sold 5 million copies can you imagine the shit talking Kanye would have done? Probably would have said he is the greatest artist since Michael Jackson.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »
it has everythin to do wit it...lol
if jay gets so much credit...then pac should get even more credit...that might sound like a kid cryin to get his toy...lol
but jay gettin too much credit and pac not gettin enough...when pac was a better rapper than jay, and biggie put together
crooked gets downplayed cuz he doesnt have a hit record
what does someone havin a hit record have to do with a dope rapper who happens to not have a hit record?
were talkin lyrically here....str8 up lyrics.....i mean crooked absolutely eats a mic....and spits it out...jay-z dont do that with every single song...neither did biggie
if hes dope....if hes the greatest rapper to spit on the mic...but doesnt have a album....he cant be the best rapper?
pac isnt given enough credit...considerin jay is the god...lol
pac needs to be miles ahead of jay and biggie...and all 3 of them made commercial muzik...but pac made the dopest muzik and least commercial IMO
and since d-nice mentioned one of the best ever...

if jay-z is right where he needs to be...even tho he shouldnt be in the top 10...mike jac is in the top 3...of overall muzik...lol
damn this is gettin good....lets get it craccin
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:03:50 PM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »
It's not just that Crooked-I doesn't just have a "hit" record.  It's that he doesn't have many dope songs or even ONE dope album.  
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks