Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4734 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2010, 08:19:43 PM »
I don't view Pac career quite the same as you do.  I think he sold out quite a bit and changed up both his character and image too much.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »
Crooked really doesn't destroy beat either.  He can drop hot bars but there is often little playability.
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
it has everythin to do wit it...lol
if jay gets so much credit...then pac should get even more credit...that might sound like a kid cryin to get his toy...lol
but jay gettin too much credit and pac not gettin enough...when pac was a better rapper than jay, and biggie put together
Sorry but there's no "like" about. This is just a ridiculous statement to make. Outside of getting his own national holiday, there really isn't anything more you can give Pac. They're both overrated as fucking hell. The fact that you honestly believe that he was better than Big and Jay combined is a testement to that.

it has everythin to do wit it...lol
if jay gets so much credit...then pac should get even more credit...that might sound like a kid cryin to get his toy...lol
but jay gettin too much credit and pac not gettin enough...when pac was a better rapper than jay, and biggie put together
crooked gets downplayed cuz he doesnt have a hit record
what does someone havin a hit record have to do with a dope rapper who happens to not have a hit record?
were talkin lyrically here....str8 up lyrics.....i mean crooked absolutely eats a mic....and spits it out...jay-z dont do that with every single song...neither did biggie
if hes dope....if hes the greatest rapper to spit on the mic...but doesnt have a album....he cant be the best rapper?
If he's the greatest rapper to ever touch a mic, he should probably have one song that is recognized as a "hit". That should go without saying. If you are better than the millions of people who do what you do, there should be something that cements that point home in an argument and I don't think Crook has. I mean, there are plenty of rappers who might not crack my top 25 but I can say they've had that defining moment as a rapper. If you're the best at what you do, you need that.

pac isnt given enough credit...considerin jay is the god...lol
Again, you're beating us with this "Jay is the God" shit. Nobody ever said that besides you and you were doing it in a mocking manner so how about we throw that one on a jersey and put it up to the rafters already? It's like you've created your own ridicilously overblown statement that you can keep going to even though the people you're arguing with don't endorse it at all.

if jay-z is right where needs to be...even tho he should be in the top 10...mike jac is in the top 3...of overall muzik...lol
damn this is gettin good....lets get it craccin
Well, if we're talking about modern pop music, I'd easily say Jacko was top 3. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2010, 08:28:48 PM »
holy shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
crooked dont have many dope songs....see this the shhhhh im talkin about...you and others say crooked this n that but jay-z=god...goat etc...
crooked got a gang of dope songs...no album yeah but not many dope songs or album?
he has albums worth....he has made some of the dopest muzik from the coast he represents....so havin a hit record or not has nuthin to do with what hes already done...
hes already made dope song after dope song.....so again i go back to my basis of...if someone has made dope muzik....dope muzik is separate from no album, wack rapper, etc...crooked is dope and one of the best without a album correct, but not many dope songs.....holy shhhhhh.....you gon give people a heart attack wit this 1...lol
and jimmy...many have made jay that god on here...maybe not recently but they have...and they will again...jus wait  ;)

It's not just that Crooked-I doesn't just have a "hit" record.  It's that he doesn't have many dope songs or even ONE dope album. 

thats cool....he did sell out but not as much as jay and biggie IMO

I don't view Pac career quite the same as you do.  I think he sold out quite a bit and changed up both his character and image too much.

doesnt destroy the beat? are we talkin about the same crooked? lol

Crooked really doesn't destroy beat either.  He can drop hot bars but there is often little playability.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
 That's also another point I meant to touch on. "Selling out" implies someone compromisng their integrity as an artist or individual for fianical or commercial reasons. A lot of people seem to think that any artist that changes their style or ventures/experiments with other styles of music is a "sell-out". Jay has always embraced the fact that he wanted to be a more commercial artist so I really can't see where he's that big of a sell-out. Pac has definitely been contradictory through a lot of his career but I don't know if I'd say he sold out. I do think it's funny how he gets passes on some of his moves when certain other artists get cruicifed for doing similar shit.  

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
Biggie nor Jay sold out in my opinion.  Did they switch up the game and embrace different sounds?  Yeah, but that's not selling out to me.

Crooked has about ten dope songs...hip-hop weeklys don't count, and most of his street tape material isn't that good.  Hell, to date, Bishop Lamont street tape material > Crooked I's.  The funny part is Crooked I bars > Bishop lamont bars but he's missing that it.  A couple tracks crooked really shined on but he's missing something.
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
damn didnt know you dislike crooked that much... ;D
but IMO he has more 10 dope songs....its all good...you like the muzik you like and vice versa...but damn

aite action...we and others jus disagree....i c you like mobb deep's blood money...there were some on here who hate that album, and i agree wit em
and jimmy...i have talked to people who have praised jay-z as the goat....cd after cd...but he dont release dope muzik cd after cd....then i see someone who bought the blueprint 3...asked why the hell did they buy that wack album? they laughed..they thought it was gon be dope.... ;D
but they still want to make him the god...so its not jus on here....elsewhere also
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:00:59 PM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
and jimmy...i have talked to people who have praised jay-z as the goat....cd after cd...but he dont release dope muzik cd after cd...
You could say the same fucking thing about Ice Cube. What's your point?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
true and thats why when it comes to str8 up lyrical delivery and format....cube shouldnt be goat, nor jay and biggie...exactly...thats my point  ;)

and jimmy...i have talked to people who have praised jay-z as the goat....cd after cd...but he dont release dope muzik cd after cd...
You could say the same fucking thing about Ice Cube. What's your point?
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »
true and thats why when it comes to str8 up lyrical delivery and format....cube shouldnt be goat, nor jay and biggie...exactly...thats my point  ;)
So I guess we can take Scarface and Nas off the list too?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2010, 09:36:26 PM »
scarface is better than them lyrically tho...and thats what ive been sayin all along
that scarface is better than them lyrically and how he can make a song and jus str8 up murder everythin around him....listen to his muzik again...its there...lol
and nas yeah...when he wants to be he should and can/has killed jay, biggie, cube...not recently...but he has/can/should

true and thats why when it comes to str8 up lyrical delivery and format....cube shouldnt be goat, nor jay and biggie...exactly...thats my point  ;)
So I guess we can take Scarface and Nas off the list too?
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2010, 09:51:49 PM »
Right where? All these dudes are nice. That's what I'm getting at. You're preaching to the converted on Scarface. Dude is one of my favorite rappers. Point is outside of that I personally prefer him over Jay. I don't see where you get that he's so far ahead in terms of lyrics.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
he is...hes more technical
hes more interestin...(makes you want to listen)
hes more complicated
he has a stronger flow
hes less commercial...more street

jay might have those but not as much as face and nas
jay-z will never be able to top ether....never IMO

right in his albums.. ;D...jay-z albums arent as dope as face....sides that, face flow surpasses jay-z, and biggies years ago....i jus hope he comes thru again wit his new album...his latest album wasnt all that good but he still went in on lil troy and it was an aite album...but damn did he kill the album before....some of those traxx are better than many jay-z traxx..again give scarface everythin he needs....he will make a masterpiece...and hes come close to makin em...hes said it time and time again...he hates the industry...given that he hates the industry and the commercial wayne industry....what he still does for bein a rapper...is dope
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:58:13 PM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2010, 09:58:55 PM »
It always comes off as I'm hating on Crooked I but I'm not.  I love Crooked I.  I've nearly downloaded all of his material.  He's gotten better with age.  More or less my opinion on Crooked I is this,

For someone with all that god damn skill it doesn't make any sense why he hasn't released a classic collection of tracks.  I don't care if you have a hit or if you have an official major label album.  Bishop Lamont released free street tapes that I consider classic (Nigger Noize, Caltroit, & The Confessional) and beyond most major label albums.  I feel that Crooked I hasn't tapped into his true potential.  I don't know why but I don't feel like he has shined the way he should.  

The closest artist I can bring up that reminded me of Crooked I is Joe Budden.  Budden felt like a lost artist always ranting on and on but since Slaughterhouse his song crafting has shapened up, and his final product (mixing) has improved.  Granted I haven't heard Great Escape but based on the leaks it's shaping up to be the album of his career.  The one he was destined to make.

I guess I'm just waiting for Crooked I to live up to his shoes and fulfill his destiny.  Sounds corny but best way to describe how I'm feeling as a fan.

Edit:
To clarify I don't love crooked I.  Makes me sound like a stan which should be clear I'm not...at least I don't think I am.  I just think he's a great artists and love his art work.

Double edit:
As for Jay-Z these are the albums that get rotation from me,

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, Kingdom Come, American Gangster, and Blueprint 3

I like BP3.  I don't consider it a classic.  It's a Kanye West album done by Jay-Z.  It's a good album. 

Compared to Nas which I bump damn near every single album but The Firm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:04:14 PM by Action! »
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2010, 10:04:19 PM »
nah its not that your hatin...but its overall hate...lol
as in why does someone get that much negative feedback when they are so dope...but someone like jay-z isnt that dope in comparison to nas, scarface, krs one, even crooked...album or no album...crooked is dope
him not havin a album...and all that, i agree
and bishop doin the street tapes...yeah they are dope..and its sad crooked didnt use the same formula but yet he went the sellin route and block obama and young boss..that whole approach was all over the place and boss still isnt here...his business isnt the best...but lyrically him makin a song...damn hes somethin else...and he should have done better on what was posed to be a explosive album...but he aswell as others didnt come thru 100%
and him gettin akon on a hook...that was a bad and desperate move...in which he later found out he prolly shouldnt have done in the first place
Cube