Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4732 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »
if Biggie was alive, he wouldn't even be relevant; which is odd because you'd think he'd be more relevant if he was alive.

but like Ikke said, he'd be on some Snoop shit; i can't see him making a near duplicate of Ready To Die, he would of progressively gotten worse & worse.

& you can't tell me i'm wrong because you guys only put him as one of the "GOATs" because you speculate that he would of rebounded & made more classics.

Biggie's entire career is speculation & it's a shame that he can make one classic & live off his hype & Pac beef to put him in some class of his own.

there is no top ten. goddamn this isnt sports or anything where you can compare statistics (and even that is relative), people have their own tastes and like to listen to the shit that they enjoy. some of you guys take this shit way too serious. i mean were talking about rap music here. what is we talkin about? rap music, man

of course there isn't, but you need arguments.

EDIT: i mean, if there was some fourteen year old on the board preaching Lil' Wayne is one of the top five rappers ever, you already know you would be up in that bitch just straight schoolin' the youngin'.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
now if you truly believe Jay's got classics, you're more than welcome to say he does; but to just say "Jay's impact, blah, blah, blah" is just an insult to people who have made the actual classics lol.
It's not an insult to anyone except uptight hip-hop fans. Of course, impact is relevant in an argument of greatness. You might have any number of albums that people will argue about classics but when mother fuckers borrow your lines and your style and you influence the way the next group of rappers does things, that to me is greatness. Whether you have one classic or nine, it don't matter. I'm not numbering these mother fuckers and saying one is better than the other, most of you are. I'm saying the guys I named did their thing. And for the record, I do truly believe Jay has classics. I'd put Black Album above Reasonable Doubt. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
aite but jimmy if a rapper has made better classics or can make better muzik...or is a better rapper than ...in this case jay-z...then thats kind of like what cham is sayin
so jay-z level of classic dont equal the level of classic pac was on...to some...cham? lol
and yeah id put black album over reasonable doubt too..
would you also put a nas album over illmatic?
 ;D
 :sshh:

This is something Ive never understood about why Jay z gets put in with greatest of all time talk.Whenever he does a song with other big name artists he ALWAYS gets outshined.Hell he even got outshined on that song with TI lil wayne and kanye.Kanye west murders Jay z on his own sgons all the time,as does beanie sigel.

It's just the Emperors New Clothes scenario.  From the time he came out he was so well marketed by Rockefella/Def Jam that everybody believed he was a legend without him ever actually proving he was a legend in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:44:36 PM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
I'd say Illmatic is on a level of its own. In many ways comparing great albums is like comparing great rappers, if they serve their ultimate purpose, one is not better than the other. For instance, Stillmatic, I'd say is a classic. But it's Chronic vs. 2001. Two albums, two different feelings behind them. That's where I feel with a lot of great MC's, it's like nobody can do them but them. I can't tell you what's better a movie --- Jaws or Goodfellas? They're both classics and it's only a matter of what I want to watch that day. Pac is one of the greatest MC's in rap but he's not the all-encompassing be-all end-all of hip-hop music. It's really touchy in some cases because people get so passionate about it but so many people just lose track of that diversity with music. Pac is their favorite so for anybody else to be "great", they have to compare to Pac and I think people need to move past that. There's one fucking Tupac and he ain't coming back. For anybody to tell me that Tupac had a better flow than Biggie or Jay-Z, it's like, come on, man. You don't have to say they're better but at least, be honest with yourself. It's the same with any of these other rappers, they all get their own niche. Pac was in my mind, the greatest WRITER that hip-hop will probably ever have for a long time but as far as great LYRICISTS, I don't think he's even top 20.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:45 PM »
alotta dukes were hatin but at the same time there were high expectations for a group with one of the dopest rappers and 3 of.....close to bein the dope rappers on it but it wasnt as dope as many expected...lol

What the fuck are you saying here?
You keep typing riddles man. Up your damn writing.

kemizt

realsupportfake?

« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
preach, chuuuuch!!
we talking bout practice......? practice.....?

there is no top ten. goddamn this isnt sports or anything where you can compare statistics (and even that is relative), people have their own tastes and like to listen to the shit that they enjoy. some of you guys take this shit way too serious. i mean were talking about rap music here. what is we talkin about? rap music, man

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
if Biggie was alive, he wouldn't even be relevant; which is odd because you'd think he'd be more relevant if he was alive.

but like Ikke said, he'd be on some Snoop shit; i can't see him making a near duplicate of Ready To Die, he would of progressively gotten worse & worse.

& you can't tell me i'm wrong because you guys only put him as one of the "GOATs" because you speculate that he would of rebounded & made more classics.

again cham your logic is very contradictory, why put big l on the list when its EXTREMELY arguable wether he had a classic or not. lifestylez is a personal fav album of mine. prob inmy top 50 records, but its NOT classic. i just like it a whole lot. so im confused as why you shit on big for having only one classic but love someone who never had a classic. so again why not just say you are not a big fan of biggie instead of using stupid arguments like "he only had one classic" or "he would be shit if he survived". you dont know that kid! life after death isnt classic i agree but its not a bad record. its got a lot of hot tracks, and if it was down to only 1 disc it would be very close, if not a classic.

yes i can tell you you are wrong because you dont have a fucking clue. you cant make statements like that. youre obviously a kid who has no idea how big a record like life after death was/is and you talk about like it was some flop. IT WAS A HUGE RECORD, it just wasnt amazing, it was still good overall and great in parts. i really dont care if you rate biggie or not but you cant make completely ridiculous statements like that just because u dont like him.  unless you have some magical power that lets u see into the future then its best not to say shit like that and talk about it like its fucking gospel.

you say fans speculate that "he woulda made more classics". to be honest i dont think big needs anymore classics, he cemented his place in hip-hop and left his mark. he left us a classic album which is a lot more than 99% of rappers ever did.  its funny that all the shit you talk about being relevant, and yet you are a joe budden fan probably one of the most irrelevant rappers still going today. now THAT.... is hilarious

ikke

« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

again cham your logic is very contradictory, why put big l on the list when its EXTREMELY arguable wether he had a classic or not. lifestylez is a personal fav album of mine. prob inmy top 50 records, but its NOT classic. i just like it a whole lot. so im confused as why you shit on big for having only one classic but love someone who never had a classic. so again why not just say you are not a big fan of biggie instead of using stupid arguments like "he only had one classic" or "he would be shit if he survived". you dont know that kid! life after death isnt classic i agree but its not a bad record. its got a lot of hot tracks, and if it was down to only 1 disc it would be very close, if not a classic.

yes i can tell you you are wrong because you dont have a fucking clue. you cant make statements like that. youre obviously a kid who has no idea how big a record like life after death was/is and you talk about like it was some flop. IT WAS A HUGE RECORD, it just wasnt amazing, it was still good overall and great in parts. i really dont care if you rate biggie or not but you cant make completely ridiculous statements like that just because u dont like him.  unless you have some magical power that lets u see into the future then its best not to say shit like that and talk about it like its fucking gospel.

you say fans speculate that "he woulda made more classics". to be honest i dont think big needs anymore classics, he cemented his place in hip-hop and left his mark. he left us a classic album which is a lot more than 99% of rappers ever did.  its funny that all the shit you talk about being relevant, and yet you are a joe budden fan probably one of the most irrelevant rappers still going today. now THAT.... is hilarious

You say lifestylez isn't classic.
radiotube's opinion > yours

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
ikke you a fool... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
how come biggie's album is classic but not big l when big l had a big impact on the scene too...maybe not as big as biggie but biggie's overrated...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc

« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
I dont understand how someone can call All eyez on me uneven and messy and then call life after death classic.I skip half the songs on lad,some of the songs are just downright horrible.Yeah theirs some great tracks but theirs a lot of r and b ish jiggy crap on the album.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

pwned?