Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4712 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:45:53 AM »
Cant say im suprised but they should be able to come to some agreement where slaughterhouse can go to Shady but the individual artists stay on there label.

the Slaughterhouse record deal....was it a 1 or 2 album deal?  i want to say it was a one and done deal....but maybe it was for two.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 03:12:20 AM »
If Em really wanted to do a deal with Slaughterhouse, it would be done by now - dude has massive paper. I think Em's only prepared to pay so much for them
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
Cant say im suprised but they should be able to come to some agreement where slaughterhouse can go to Shady but the individual artists stay on there label.

the Slaughterhouse record deal....was it a 1 or 2 album deal?  i want to say it was a one and done deal....but maybe it was for two.

1 album but E1 is probably trying to be part of the deal..just like Amalgam

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »
If Em really wanted to do a deal with Slaughterhouse, it would be done by now - dude has massive paper. I think Em's only prepared to pay so much for them

I think you're right.  While I'm sure he's interested in signing him, I think Em is probably weighing out how much to spend on signing them against what the actual chance is that they'll be commercially successful.  While as a fan, I'd love to see this deal happen, Eminem has to approach it from a business perspective.  I thought the first Slaughterhouse album was dope, but it didn't exactly set the world on fire, sales-wise.  While I'm sure a Shady Records-released Slaughterhouse album would be promoted much better and thus probably selll much better, I think Eminem is probably considering what amount he's willing to spend on signing them is an amount he can actually recoup if or when they drop their next album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
why would Eminem go all out in signing them though?

it's not like he'd be spending a fortune to make a fortune; he'd just be spending his cash on something that will lose him money in the end, but the music will be great.

it would be more of a move for the fans than smart business decision; yeah, Slaughterhouse would do better with Shady (likely Dre) back/support, but how much better?

i can't say it would flop, but i can't see it doing really good unless Eminem was on every single song lol.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »

I think you're right.  While I'm sure he's interested in signing him, I think Em is probably weighing out how much to spend on signing them against what the actual chance is that they'll be commercially successful.  While as a fan, I'd love to see this deal happen, Eminem has to approach it from a business perspective.  I thought the first Slaughterhouse album was dope, but it didn't exactly set the world on fire, sales-wise.  While I'm sure a Shady Records-released Slaughterhouse album would be promoted much better and thus probably selll much better, I think Eminem is probably considering what amount he's willing to spend on signing them is an amount he can actually recoup if or when they drop their next album.

Completely agree with you man - Em can not expect them to go platinum first week out, even if he was featured on every track. While SH has dope lyrics and i think they're one of the best rap groups to come out for a while, I can't see them ever coming up with a mainstream hit to really get them out there, even with Em featured.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
I personally would really like to see some solos from them on shady aswell, i think budden especially would really benefit from a push from eminem and some production help not to mention mixing.

Plus crooked and joell!! we already know what eminem and royce is capable of!

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »
An easy solution to this problem. Drop this fag Joe Budden from the group an add pharoahe monch  or Bun-B to the group and there good.....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:23 AM »
Yepp looks like Joey is the BOZO Joell was referring to.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2010/39696-more_trickin_rappers_rapper_joe_budden_reportedly_stole_money_from_his_label___to_buy_his_ex_tahiry_a_new_benz____and_then_she_dumped_him.html

Hope Tahiry's pussy was worth losing out on a million dollar deal.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:47:53 AM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »
Yepp looks like Joey is the BOZO Joell was referring to.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2010/39696-more_trickin_rappers_rapper_joe_budden_reportedly_stole_money_from_his_label___to_buy_his_ex_tahiry_a_new_benz____and_then_she_dumped_him.html

Hope Tahiry's pussy was worth losing out on a million dollar deal.

This has been discussed... & Joey's response is posted in this thread. Before lawyers have finished this thing, no one knows who's telling the truth. Mediatakeout is like the last site to stole these "news" from jbtv.com it's all over the net now.. thisis50 & all that.

And to that dude saying drop Joey.. it's not only because of Joey's deal, it's also because of Joell's deal. And no matter how much some people hate Budden.. without him Slaughterhouse wouldn't even exist. So show some respect  ;)

ikke

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
An easy solution to this problem. Drop this fag Joe Budden from the group an add pharoahe monch  or Bun-B to the group and there good.....
They don't really fit with the group tho.
R.A. comes to mind now

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »
r.a.?
no bun in this group...p.monch or a ras kass

R.A. comes to mind now
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »
r.a.?

R.A. comes to mind now
you don't see him in there?

Ras kass maybe

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
which r.a. are you talkin about tho
not bun-b he wont fit wit their style...and they are much better than bun
ras kass maybe and some others

r.a.?

R.A. comes to mind now

Ras kass maybe

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
the rugged man
which r.a. are you talkin about tho
not bun-b he wont fit wit their style...and they are much better than bun
ras kass maybe and some others

r.a.?

R.A. comes to mind now

Ras kass maybe