Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4714 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2010, 07:49:59 PM »

lolll, i feel you; but these are the albums the game was "built" on; i always hear these albums are so very classic because of their "impact" on the game; you would just assume that since they were so essential to Hip Hop's take off the production should be on another planet lol.

believe me, i'm fully aware times & trends & sounds change through eras & such; but if we are so quick to run & label these classic, when the production is "alright", why are we so quick to say "blahhh album, production was awful" & toss an album like Slaughterhouse aside?
man if it came out in the 80's you cant even judge it like shit from the 90's and beyond. and i dont mean just as far as trends, the equipment and everything they were working with was nowhere near like it was just a few years later. and like i said knuckleheadz is dope as fuck to me out of a good system, its not just allright. and well to be honest biggie is overrated to begin with

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
aite g...i dont mean this in a bad or a way of hatred...but i think its cuz your a big fan of them especially joe budden...so nah your not biased but your a fan ;)
but the album was in the same bucket as a letdown..huge, and yeah it was actually a huge letdown cuz many expected some earthquake type shit from these 4...especially crooked, and then royce and then joe...who at times were sayin hes the best rapper alive....they were cham...not sayin he isnt but the best rapper alive should have made a monsterous album with 3 other dope rappers...but it didnt come out that way

cham maybe for that time they could be classic...but with slaughterhouse and the hype...alot more was expected...alot more
might be even worse if they get slim to do beats for them....lol

i can't lie, i expected some more too; after hearing "Move On", i was expecting some ridiculous shit.

& yeah, a few songs do sound a little thrown together with just verses together; songs with no direction.

but lyrically, it was top notch; i can't even call out one of them for a weak verse throughout the album.

i'm not trying to come across as, "this is a classic. it was perfect. the fuck is wrong with the rest of you?"; but moreso this is an above average album, awesome lyrically & since nobody can really shit on it lyrically, people jump all over the beats? kind of gay. :P

Joe was the worst on the album, i can't front; but somebody had to be the worst, right?

& yeah, one of the first things i said when i first heard they were dropping an album & then after hearing "Move On" was, "this will be a classic album" & it wasn't; so i guess it was a letdown in that respect, but it was still strong enough for me, where i was happy with it & will without a doubt anticipate their sophmore LP.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »

lolll, i feel you; but these are the albums the game was "built" on; i always hear these albums are so very classic because of their "impact" on the game; you would just assume that since they were so essential to Hip Hop's take off the production should be on another planet lol.

believe me, i'm fully aware times & trends & sounds change through eras & such; but if we are so quick to run & label these classic, when the production is "alright", why are we so quick to say "blahhh album, production was awful" & toss an album like Slaughterhouse aside?
man if it came out in the 80's you cant even judge it like shit from the 90's and beyond. and i dont mean just as far as trends, the equipment and everything they were working with was nowhere near like it was just a few years later. and like i said knuckleheadz is dope as fuck to me out of a good system, its not just allright. and well to be honest biggie is overrated to begin with

i guess, but Paid In Full is still considered a "classic Hip Hop album"; i understand it was ahead of it's time, but if you compare it to the classics of the 90's is it still a classic?

i guess we just disagree on Kunckleheadz; but we do agree Biggie is overrated to begin with. ;D 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
oh damn your from the east and you sayin biggie is overrated....damn well good lookin cuz not jus him but hes one of the most overrated of all time...whats so special about him? lol
but the album was cool nuthin instant classic about it...not dope all the way thru....nuthin on that level...is it better than whats out there....yeah but still it should have been miles better
you say your lookin forward to their 2nd album....who isnt? lol but what they usually say about your first album...you cant outdo or whatever it is they say...
jus like rakim's album....now of course rakim is considered to be the greatest rapper of all time..and decades later he finally releases a album...but damn one of the biggest letdowns of all time...both on lyrics and production and especially production
same here....you know when to expect alot from who and we expected alot from all these....and dukes was sayin damn this sh album will be instant classic....lol....nowhere near
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »
Dope album?  Yes.

Classic? No.

Production?  Good

Lyrics?  Dope but in some ways lacking considering the members of the group

There's a lot of untapped potential that the group could do.  
  • Because there are 4 member they could easily do a ghetto opera/play with each of them voicing different characters.  
  • Even as an introduction album for the masses it was poor.  You don't get a great sense of each of the individual personalities - only Joe Budden.  Hell they should have 3 other skits for the other 3 members.  Yes, I know they're established underground but you can never predict what random person will happen upon the group and as their debut it should have been factored it.  
  • Addtionally, you could have each of them repping a different ghetto and talking about similarities and distinctions between each hood's music.  With that reflected in both lyrics and beats.  For example, Crooked - a g-funk track; joell - classic boom-bap; royce - j-dilla/black milk soul production; joe budden - east coast grimey shit.  

The weakest point in the production was the single which I still wince at when I hear it.  It's just not them.

And, that's my problem with the album.  Because you got a cat like Royce who can make a track like A Part of Me and then a cat like Joell who can make a track like Move On and another cat like Crooked who can freestyle his ass off and Joey B who brings real shit - some pure essence was still missing.

The closest I hear is move on remix.  Followed with Salute, Cut You Loose & Raindrops.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
i'm a little biased, because i'm a Pac fan so it's always like "fuck Biggie" & then people always give me shit "how you not going to support Biggie? he's from NY & shit"; but if you look through the music, they aren't comparable lol.

i think that feeds to my dislike of Biggie.

Pac's got more material in one year than Biggie has in his career.

i mean, you can play the "hypothetical" game & say Biggie would of dropped more classic shit or whatever; but Pac has four classic albums in my mind & Biggie has one with like a controversial second.

Biggie was good, real good; but Pac was just hands down better. 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
i think Slaughterhouse hurt themselves by dropping some of their better music as random internet leaks.

add "Move On", "Warriors", "Woodstock", "Wack MC's", "Fight Club"..i'm definatley forgetting another one; but add those to the album & maybe it would get a different reaction.

anyway, Action, i thought of something similar to what you said months ago about them doing a track where they bring in their coasts & shit.

i think their first album was something they wanted to get out & it came out great; but i think their second album will outdo the first because they are close with their online fanbases & i know more people than just you & me are dropping the idea of them doing a track about their coasts & that goes for any good idea one of their fans have.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2010, 08:23:11 PM »
Note, I appreciate that they got a product OUT but am sad that the hype they did have is probably going to the dust because of fucking label politics. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2010, 08:29:37 PM »
To me the album was a solid 8 out of 10.I dont feel their was a weak verse on the album nor a weak song in general.They definitely could have benefited from taking longer on the album.And move remix almost made peopls expectations so high for the album that no matter what they dropped they couldnt succeed that way.Althought I still say joeys verse on move on was garbage,that hero from heros line makes cringe its so bad.But his verse on microphone,cuckoo and onslaught 2 were sick.That line about fucknig a chicking on the rag with a towel underneat and call it soo woop kills me verytime lol.For theri second album I would love to see them take their time and have someone overlook the album such eminem and give it a more cohesive feel.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
cham we can agree on 1 thing...pac bein better than biggie... ;)
but yeah this album very rushed and not all good all the way thru....give it a 6.5 outta 10
action made some interestin points and basically what im sayin....and like you said cham...those traxx were the best, but they were left off
and the one....bad single and bad song period along with a few others...but why that song as a single and why that song for a song by them? lol
some albums i like more than this
gza ...pro tools
epmd..we mean business
prolly krs one and buckshot survival skills
la coka nostra....a brand you can trust

jus a few albums i was feelin more than the sh...album but the sh had very high expectations for real and other albums you werent expectin as much as they suprised
another let down was la coka nostra...but i still like that album more than sh cuz it fit them and they came thru but that was still a letdown but less of a letdown vs sh album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jimmy H.

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »
Big nothing special? Listen to you kids. I understand it's West Coast but come on with that shit.

ikke

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2010, 06:01:17 AM »
How can you not like that Knuckleheadz beat?
CL Is one of the best produced albums

That Rakim beat is pretty dope as well.

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2010, 06:17:03 AM »

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:34 AM »
I really dont understand the hate for the slaughterhouse album.

So stand out tracks but for me the only song i ever had to skip was cuckoo because i used to be annoying as hell. But now i listen track to track.

One word sums up this album - solid!!

Honestly who makes classic's anymore... i havent heard a classic album in the last 10 years?? and a solid album these days is nothing to turn your head at. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
maybe not instant classic...but for a group with so many dope rappers....its almost as if they didnt show their max potential...what cuz of them  not bein able to afford more studio time, better producers....higher priced ghostwriters...lol
it should have been better....much better
Cube