Author Topic: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?  (Read 4726 times)

Invincible

Re: Slaughterhouse to Shady being blocked by e1 and amalgam digital?
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2010, 07:08:13 AM »
Big nothing special? Listen to you kids. I understand it's West Coast but come on with that shit.

I just ignore people who say that.

ikke

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2010, 08:08:20 AM »
Big nothing special? Listen to you kids. I understand it's West Coast but come on with that shit.

Ready to die is amazing but LAD is mostly shit.
Was listening to it earlier and I was disgusted by all the gay ass R&b shit.

BIG has really grown on me but he's obviously still one of the most overrated.
Not saying bad but just overrated.

Invincible

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »

Theres still some great cuts on the album though (the Primo ones ;D). Born again is a far worse album but there are a few decent tracks on there (the Primo one  :D) but Biggie Duets is just a freaking joke. I'd agree he's over rated in the little music he has out, nowhere near enough to say he's the greatest but for what we did hear, he's a great mc for me.

ikke

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2010, 09:03:08 AM »

Theres still some great cuts on the album though (the Primo ones ;D). Born again is a far worse album but there are a few decent tracks on there (the Primo one  :D) but Biggie Duets is just a freaking joke. I'd agree he's over rated in the little music he has out, nowhere near enough to say he's the greatest but for what we did hear, he's a great mc for me.
I don't really consider those albums since he didn't really have creative input.
Diddy probally did edit the shit out of LAD to get more controversie but biggie still had allot of creative input

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2010, 09:22:08 AM »
How can you not like that Knuckleheadz beat?
CL Is one of the best produced albums

That Rakim beat is pretty dope as well.

pretty average in my book; i know if Slaughterhouse had them, they wouldn't get such love.

Invincible

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »

pretty average in my book; i know if Slaughterhouse had them, they wouldn't get such love.

I know I would much rather hear SH over that Knuckleheadz beat than any STREETRUNNER beat. Can't stand his recent productions.

ikke

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »

you said the beats on illmatic were wack ofcourse you do...
Your favorite producers bows down to rza.

If slaughterhouse had that beat people would just say waste of a good beat.

Invincible

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »

I would only say its a waste from SH as it doesn't suit their style, they wouldn't sound right over it. Khalil, Primo, Focus, Black Milk, Mr Porter and Alchemist are the producers that wsuit their style and who they should be going for on their next album for me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2010, 09:46:43 AM »

I know I would much rather hear SH over that Knuckleheadz beat than any STREETRUNNER beat. Can't stand his recent productions.

you mean any of the two? one being "Sound Off", which was a fine beat.

lemme just go through the whole album while i'm at it lol.

Sound Off - can't see the complaints
Lyrical Murderers - dark sound to it, bangs hard; again, can't see the hate.
Mircophone - arguably the best beat of '09.
Not Tonight - basically stole the beat to Joe Budden's "Now I Lay" on Padded Room; i can see how people could hate on it.
The One - got a Rock feel to it; i guess if you're not down with that, it just wouldn't appeal.
Cuckoo - another banger, you don't have to call it great, but i don't see how it's bad.
Onslaught 2 - beautiful beat lol.
Salute - slowed down, deep feel; Mr. Porter came through on this one.
Pray - another good beat.
Cut You Loose - ANOTHER good beat.
Raindrops - really fit into the theme of the song, deep feel, one of the best beats on the album.
Killaz - another dark beat that fit the flows of them four & easily gets a thumbs up.

so as it stands, i'm counting one beat that i would say is bad ("Not Tonight") & for some "The One"; if you guys disagree, feel free to state your case lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »

wow, that's a major mis-quote lmfao.

all i said was the beats on Illmatic weren't the greatest beats ever; beats we all bow down to & say it's so classic because of the beats, it's because of what Nas did on the mic.

take Illmatic for a second, not the GREATEST produced album ever, but personally, i'd say it's the greatest rap album ever & i know one of every three people would agree with me or at least have it in their top 3.

& are you sure? because i'm pretty sure the entire world bows down to Dre, even in 2010; let alone 15 years ago lol.

Muhfukka

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »
i said the beat for everyday struggle is nothing special, but yeah i do think biggie is overrated

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:15 AM »
i said the beat for everyday struggle is nothing special, but yeah i do think biggie is overrated

why are all these quotes being taken out of context? lmao.

ikke

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:20 AM »

wow, that's a major mis-quote lmfao.

all i said was the beats on Illmatic weren't the greatest beats ever; beats we all bow down to & say it's so classic because of the beats, it's because of what Nas did on the mic.

take Illmatic for a second, not the GREATEST produced album ever, but personally, i'd say it's the greatest rap album ever & i know one of every three people would agree with me or at least have it in their top 3.

& are you sure? because i'm pretty sure the entire world bows down to Dre, even in 2010; let alone 15 years ago lol.
I heard dre actually did bow down to rza.

Dre is 2nd as producers go

Invincible

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

Not Tonight - basically stole the beat to Joe Budden's "Now I Lay" on Padded Room; i can see how people could hate on it.
The One - got a Rock feel to it; i guess if you're not down with that, it just wouldn't appeal.
Cuckoo - another banger, you don't have to call it great, but i don't see how it's bad.
Raindrops - really fit into the theme of the song, deep feel, one of the best beats on the album.
Killaz - another dark beat that fit the flows of them four & easily gets a thumbs up.

so as it stands, i'm counting one beat that i would say is bad ("Not Tonight") & for some "The One"; if you guys disagree, feel free to state your case lol.

STREETRUNNERS beats have way to much going on in them which makes them extremely hard to listen too. Sound Off had the same sample used by Pete Rock and it was nowhere near the level of that. And Not Tonight is just boring.

As for the rest, Cuckoo is horrible and Killaz and Raindrops are just boring. And I actually like The One, but its just mixed awfully.

The only tracks I still give a listen to on the album are:

Lyrical Murderers
Microphone (Agree, 1 of the tracks of the year)
The One
Salute
Pray
Cut You Loose

That for me makes it an average album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
The chronic, No album is better produced.

now i'm no scientist, but wouldn't it make sense that the best produced album of all time is produced by the best producer?

2001 wasn't too shabby either.

then, not trying to beat a dead horse or anything, but getting back to this "impact is everything" thing, wouldn't you say with "The Chronic", producing NWA's work, working with Pac & Snoop on Death Row, "2001" & producing a majority of Eminem's work has had more impact than a couple of Wu-Tang albums?

STREETRUNNERS beats have way to much going on in them which makes them extremely hard to listen too. Sound Off had the same sample used by Pete Rock and it was nowhere near the level of that. And Not Tonight is just boring.

As for the rest, Cuckoo is horrible and Killaz and Raindrops are just boring. And I actually like The One, but its just mixed awfully.

The only tracks I still give a listen to on the album are:

Lyrical Murderers
Microphone (Agree, 1 of the tracks of the year)
The One
Salute
Pray
Cut You Loose

That for me makes it an average album.

fair enough lol.

you always came off as a big "beat" guy; you run shit over in the instrumentals section, don't you? :P