Author Topic: Do people really like Drake?  (Read 2782 times)

DTG Entertainment

Do people really like Drake?
« on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »
In my honest opinion, dude is alright for an MC but his singing is wack as fuck. He sounds like what I would imagine a frog would sound like singing. Some people think he's the best thing since sliced bread, but I think the only reason people are really feeling him is because he's getting co-signed by Wayne, who's arguably the hottest mainstream rapper right now and on top of that, he's getting monstrous beats from people like Boi-da-1, DJ Khalil, etc. Plus, he's getting crazy coverage and features because Young Money are really pushing him. So, are you guys really feeling him? What are everyone's thoughts on him?

Lunatic

Re: Do people really like Drake?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
I see both sides of it. I see why ppl don't like him but sometimes when I listen, I see why ppl make such a big deal. Some of his rhymes and patterns are out of this world, his punchlines can be insane at times. And as you said ppl do enjoy his singing (it's good enough) and it really gives him a double edged sword (rapping and singing) that we don't see that often anymore.

Either way, I'm supporting when the album comes out 'cause he reps the hometown hard  8)  It's good to see someone from here making it so big.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »
Some of his rhymes and patterns are out of this world, his punchlines can be insane at times.

I would have to disagree. Lol.

Portugoal

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »
I've heard a few songs and verses from him. Some of it was ok, some of it wasn't. I haven't heard enough of him to judge him properly.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
thats still givin him credit  ;)....lol @  dukes sayin he would be the next best rapper.

Some of his rhymes and patterns are out of this world, his punchlines can be insane at times.

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
another drake topic..

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
I've heard a few songs and verses from him. Some of it was ok, some of it wasn't. I haven't heard enough of him to judge him properly.

I listened to So Far Gone and most every song afterward. He's entertaining, but he's the type of MC I would listen to if I wasn't really listening. His beats are bananas though, I find that to be the biggest thing he's got going for him as an artist.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »
another drake topic..

Yes, but I am curious to know. Lol.

Portugoal

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:59:03 AM »

I listened to So Far Gone and most every song afterward. He's entertaining, but he's the type of MC I would listen to if I wasn't really listening. His beats are bananas though, I find that to be the biggest thing he's got going for him as an artist.

I love "Fear". That song that is on tv 24/7 became good after I heard it in the background 2000 times.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »

I love "Fear". That song that is on tv 24/7 became good after I heard it in the background 2000 times.

Again...the beat makes it for me. Lol. I would rather hear another MC on it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
Drake is like 50 back in 02/03. Definitely no super incredible lyrical mc but knows how to make hits and most importantly a good songwriter; subject matter, staying on topic, chorus, picking the proper production... And just like people were talking about 50 and how everybody else "kills the beat better" than him, there's a huge difference between writing a song and freestyling.

And his singing just brings another dimension to the table, before that he was just another new rapper, singing made him stood out and a more complete artist.

Matty

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »

yeah that beat is really mellow and cinematic from khall. but i'd rather listen to the instrumental than drake crying about whatever on it.

in regards to drake - both his rapping and singing is shit, the singing moreso. he might have some decent rhymes and lyrics but so does lil wayne. its the cretinous voice that kills it...

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

yeah that beat is really mellow and cinematic from khall. but i'd rather listen to the instrumental than drake crying about whatever on it.

in regards to drake - both his rapping and singing is shit, the singing moreso. he might have some decent rhymes and lyrics but so does lil wayne. its the cretinous voice that kills it...

Dude telling the truth right here. Preach.

I have few songs by Drake that I bump from time to time, Fear and King Leon....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »

Some of them lines for a mainstream artist are dope as fuck
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
its the cretinous voice that kills it...

But that's all subjective. For instance I can hardly tolerate Quik's extra nasal voice, or Suga Free's or E40's. Don't forget that Drake is like 22 years old, so he's still a kid in some way and his voice tone can change in the future.