Author Topic: Do people really like Drake?  (Read 2819 times)

Matty

Re: Do people really like Drake?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
its the cretinous voice that kills it...

But that's all subjective. For instance I can hardly tolerate Quik's extra nasal voice, or Suga Free's or E40's. Don't forget that Drake is like 22 years old, so he's still a kid in some way and his voice tone can change in the future.

its entirely subjective and entirely non-political. there are other factors why i don't like drake at all but that's the main one. i aint saying drake killed hip-hop or nothing, each to their own. he probably is a solid songwriter for valid reasons from a lot of people's perspectives...

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
its the cretinous voice that kills it...

But that's all subjective. For instance I can hardly tolerate Quik's extra nasal voice, or Suga Free's or E40's. Don't forget that Drake is like 22 years old, so he's still a kid in some way and his voice tone can change in the future.

Lol. I barely like any of the MC's you just listed. DJ Quik is alright, over the right beats. Lol. Suga Free - goddamn I hate his flow, and E-40 is alright, over the right beats and with the right flow. Lol.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
@Matty; I get you. In contrast, I'm also not saying that he is some sort of hip hop savior or anything like some people claim he is. I can't predict the future but I view him as a 50 Cent type artist with a 5 or so big, successful years but not enough talent and variety to have a long career. Wayne on the other hand, might become a long lasting artist.

MediumL

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
He's alright.The Fear was pretty good but I find him boring tbh especially content wise. His singing is crap but he usually chooses cool beats. I've already gotten a bit bored of Its Over (seems to have little replay value) but I hope his album is a bit more interesting that that EP he put out.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Geesta

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
he is aight... nothing that he is all hyped up to be but he is the best coming out of young money thats for damn sure

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
he's ight and if he stays in his lane about bitches and fame he will be plat plus,he can rap,but saying he's a killa i don't believe shit like that, and for some reason he reminds me of a jonas brother who went solo with street lingo but that's just me yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
Some of his rhymes and patterns are out of this world, his punchlines can be insane at times.

I would have to disagree. Lol.
Some of them lines for a mainstream artist are dope as fuck
examples?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

MediumL

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
I think they're talking about lines like: 'like a sprained ankle i aint nothing to play with' which is good when you compare him to a drugged up wayne and a semi retarded gucci mane. Tbh it says a lot for mainstream US rap although I'd say there's a lot better mainstream rappers out there.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

ikke

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »
Some of his rhymes and patterns are out of this world, his punchlines can be insane at times.

That doesn't matter.
A good line is a good line, a wack line is a wack line.
Standards shouldn't go down for mainstream music.

Jaydc

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »
Yeah i have to question you on that luna,drake has very simplistic rhymes Ive never heard anything that wowed me or made me rewind it.Same with his punchlines their very basic nothing great.I dont know where you get out of this world from,thats laughable.I also dont think his songs are all that great,hes carried heavily by production.Hes not horrible or anything but hes like kid cudi,he doesnt sing well or rap well and imo is vastly over rated.It seems like the mainstream is so watered down that someone like drake can be viewed as a good emcee,thats pathetic.I dont get the hype around him.Im sure his album will have some great production and thats about it.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
Successful was dope, Over is good, Forever.

Some his lines are are odd "know i balled, chemo", "swimmin in the money come and find me, nemo" that particular one is fun. Like Meho said, he ain't no God like some make it seem but he's good enough where the success he's seeing doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's not like he's Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Soulja Boy, Roscoe Dash, etc. - nothing he is doing makes hip hop "look bad" so more power to him.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 11:51:57 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »
yeah i agree jay...extremely overhyped, overrated and all that
if he wasnt with wayne...he'd be a crooked I...lol

Yeah i have to question you on that luna,drake has very simplistic rhymes Ive never heard anything that wowed me or made me rewind it.Same with his punchlines their very basic nothing great.I dont know where you get out of this world from,thats laughable.I also dont think his songs are all that great,hes carried heavily by production.Hes not horrible or anything but hes like kid cudi,he doesnt sing well or rap well and imo is vastly over rated.It seems like the mainstream is so watered down that someone like drake can be viewed as a good emcee,thats pathetic.I dont get the hype around him.Im sure his album will have some great production and thats about it.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
And if we talking cards i will fold him with the poker
You and your whole crew are like a deck a 54
So it's obvious ya'll be steady rollin with some jokers

Yeah... that's the reason why he looking hard
Cause i've done snatched the chips ahoy out the cookie jar
He just mad cause his gurls at the house
With her tounge sticking out
Like a michael jordan rookie card

It ain't a song that your ass finna skipp
I try'd to sell weed give me cash for this zip
The way your girlfriend pump me up in the car
Seem like she don't really need no gas for the trip

oooh weee!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »
he's got the female appeal, he's got the Wayne fans appeal, he's can sing, he can drop a hit; he's a big ball of hype lol.

he can drop a hit single, i can't see him making a deep song, unless it's about a bitch.

rapping wise, he sounds a lot like Wayne, but he's got some punchlines.

he's hit or miss for me, but i have a certain taste.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:19:32 PM »

That doesn't matter.
A good line is a good line, a wack line is a wack line.
Standards shouldn't go down for mainstream music.

networth, and that's what alot of people do,they will compare a drake to a gucci man, like they are the top mcs/rappers of today,and since drake is way better fans (mainstream) are like "wow this guy is amazing he's way better then his comp" yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp