Author Topic: Do people really like Drake?  (Read 2833 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: Do people really like Drake?
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
Yeah, first Canadian artist I really enjoyed. By the way, whatever happened to Victor Lucas? He fell of the map after fucking Electronic Playground. Great show. I miss his and Tommy's reviews.

Drake is pretty tight.

if it's true that he ghost-writes for Weezy; that's pretty good, you know he gets a fat check for that.

been saying this guy is the next thing.

future of rap along with my dude Rain. 8)

he has a good mix about him, he can sing & spit dope shit.

i hear A LOT of Weezy in his flow though.

LOL come on now boys!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
awww damn is this a fbi detective up n nis....lol
Notorious T.D.A ...state your hood gangsta.....haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
There's a lot more where that came from.

These guys are clowns

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »
what can i say? i had an impulsed opinion about him after his first mixtape, i got caught up in the buzz; he dropped a few solid verses, some solid tracks, i was convinced at first.

but if you want to talk "clown", you're not far off if opinions aren't allowed to change in your little fantasy world.

go scoop up comments throughout the world on peoples opinion about 50 Cent before & right after Get Rich or Die Tryin' & then see what the same people said about him after Curtis lol.

i'll say it for the third time now, so listen closely, Drake is hit or miss; he was "hit" right away at the start, but has progressively started to miss more & more & then you hear Wayne & Drake together on songs & you can barely tell which one is rapping (a joke, before your stanhood takes over & spazzes out) & what he had working for him has died as of late; but it's not like i've sworn off listening to him.

like i said ALSO eariler, i will be listening to his album & i'm going to go into it objectively, but as of now, hearing these two songs off of it, my expectations have gone down considerably.

again, i would like for formally apologize for having an opinion, i didn't mean any harm; i was just under the impression that's what this whole message board thing was about.

silllllly me. ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:43:18 PM by Chamillitary Click »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »
Yeah, first Canadian artist I really enjoyed. By the way, whatever happened to Victor Lucas? He fell of the map after fucking Electronic Playground. Great show. I miss his and Tommy's reviews.

Drake is pretty tight.

if it's true that he ghost-writes for Weezy; that's pretty good, you know he gets a fat check for that.

been saying this guy is the next thing.

future of rap along with my dude Rain. 8)

he has a good mix about him, he can sing & spit dope shit.

i hear A LOT of Weezy in his flow though.

LOL come on now boys!

Because I do enjoy him and I never liked Belly. Got a problem with that? I never said he was the greatest thing ever. There you go, taking words out of context. He's average, but enjoyable.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:17 PM »
you a fool cham for havin an opinion...tell em cham xzibit drake, wayne etc....tell em what crazy is...lol
and hes not enjoyable mike....lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
Also, he's enjoyable because of the beats for the majority. He's for when I don't want to think about what I am hearing.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 08:46:05 PM »
yeah but his voice still comes thru somehow...lol
any producer givin him, rick ross, baby, wayne etc...them dope pieces of muzik...should be BROTHA LYNCH HUNG

Also, he's enjoyable because of the beats for the majority. He's for when I don't want to think about what I am hearing.
Cube

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
yeah but his voice still comes thru somehow...lol
any producer givin him, rick ross, baby, wayne etc...them dope pieces of muzik...should be BROTHA LYNCH HUNG

I know the guy who gave Rick Ross the Ashes to Ashes beat. Lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
Enyce,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/q7w8F14gk3s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/q7w8F14gk3s</a>

that is enjoyable; real strong hook & Drake comes real correct.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3pYlf-Th9nI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/3pYlf-Th9nI</a>

whatever he attempted here, is just like "the fuck were you thinking?" lol & that's coming from a person who didn't think Kanye's "808's" album was "complete trash".

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:10 PM »
The Drake songs I like are....

"Fear"
"Over"
"Say What's Real"
"King Leon"
"The Calm"

That's it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
cham these dukes are wack as fuck....wackness and thats it
listen to what you want...but they are wack..im sayin it now and you can quote this for later Notorious T.D.A  ;)
Cube

Geesta

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
i liked Forever

i fuckin hate songs like Bedrock and Successful

Geesta

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
that joint he did with Timbo was smooth too

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
I don't see how you can hate on Successful.  That's easily one of his top tracks.  Drakes voice isn't worst than say Eminem when he came into the game so it's not that bad to me.  Hell, em's voice was more annoying than Drakes when he hit the scene.  He sounds better than Gucci & Yayo.

I don't see him as a Lil Wayne clone.  Drake stays on topic where as Wayne kind of goes off, stringing punchlines together.  Wayne is more eccentric where as Drake is chilled.  Do you see Drake claiming blood, rapping about guns, or talking about aliens?  No, he raps about women, personal relationships, money, and his personal self.  Call it emo, gay, or whatever immature word but he's no lil wayne clone.  His flow might be influenced but that's different then saying he's a clone. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks