Author Topic: 10 Worst Things to Say at Work  (Read 337 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
10 Worst Things to Say at Work
« on: March 24, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
lol @ this

Remember: Just because you don’t end up sleeping on the couch, it doesn’t mean your mouth can’t still get you in trouble. For the sake of your career, we’ve put together a list of things you should avoid saying at work.

1. “That’s not my job.”
If somebody comes to you with an issue, there’s probably a reason. It might be your responsibility to deal with it or your input is valued. Either way, use the situation to prove you’re a team player and a problem solver. Plus, it pays to earn some good office karma because you never know when you’ll need help from other colleagues.

2. “Yeah, no problem.” (If you don’t mean it.)
If you take on a task with a smile but have no intention of actually completing it, you’re going to earn a reputation as an unreliable person. If you know you can’t or won’t complete the project, be honest about it. Your colleagues are relying on you, so your decision not to follow through impacts their jobs, too.

3. “Don’t tell anyone I said this, but … ”
If it’s really a secret, keep it to yourself. Whether you know someone’s about to get fired or what the boss’ salary is, you’re going to get credit for spreading the news. You’re not exempt from being the subject of office chatter, either. Don’t expect your gossip-loving co-worker to suddenly have tight lips when it comes to divulging your secrets.

4. “I haven’t had a raise in four years.”
“Most savvy supervisors don't think longevity merits a raise – only high productivity does,” Lampton states. Asking for a raise because of how long it’s been since your last one will tell your boss only that you want more money, not that you deserve it. Instead, highlight the accomplishments you’ve made in the last four years, Lampton suggests. Prove the raise is merited.

5. “It’s not my fault.”
When your boss comes to you with a problem, the last thing you want to do is to deflect blame to someone else. Maybe it isn’t your fault, but remember that you’re not in a courtroom and nobody’s looking for the culprit right now. All that matters is making sure the problem is solved and doesn’t happen again. You can deal with the real issue later, but you’ll just make yourself look worse if you spend more time finger-pointing than problem solving.

6. “To be honest with you … ”
First, any time this phrase is used, you know something negative is going to follow. More important is the message it sends to others. “Does this colleague have to identify when he or she is being honest with you? When that phrase is not used, should you then doubt the integrity of the statement?” Lampton asks. Instead, without being rude, say what you need to say in a straightforward manner.

7. “Whom did you vote for?”
The old adage that you shouldn’t discuss politics is as true today as ever before. While it’s great that you’re an active citizen performing your civic duty, save the political talk for your personal blog. Even if the conversation doesn’t result in an argument, you never know whom you’re making uncomfortable or who will hold your views against you. In a sea of cubicles, there are more people listening to your conversation than you think.

8. “I got so trashed last night … ”
You’re probably not the only person in the office to indulge in a drink (or a keg) now and then, but you’re probably the only one bragging about it to your boss. Although your night of binge drinking didn’t force you to call in sick this morning, it can create the image of an unreliable partier who forgot to leave the beer bong in the dorm room.

9. “I just didn’t have enough time for that.”

In case you didn’t realize, everybody’s pretty busy these days. When your boss asks you to do something, chances are it’s not really an option. If your main concern is accomplishing the task on time, Lampton suggests you explain the situation. Mention how busy your schedule is but that you can accommodate the request if some other projects are rearranged. You’ll show that you take each assignment seriously and only want to turn in your best work.

10. “. . . or else.”
Giving anyone in the office an ultimatum rarely ends in success. Whether you say it to a colleague or your new intern, you’ll only gain enemies and earn a reputation for being difficult. If cordial requests don’t work and threats are the only way to get things done in the office, you need to re-evaluate your work environment.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Muhfukka

Re: 10 Worst Things to Say at Work
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
so this is supposed to be funny huh

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:03:22 AM »
haha this shit be crazy big dogg.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bananas

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 02:35:13 AM »
haha you a fool for this one duke.

but yeah, I hear this shit inevitably from someone nearly every day.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 06:45:01 AM »
which one you hear the most....lol

haha you a fool for this one duke.

but yeah, I hear this shit inevitably from someone nearly every day.

ay big dogg.....lol

haha this shit be crazy big dogg.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

realsupportfake?

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
haha duke u a foo four dis won lol

Lady Queen

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »
hey i go left when I should go right..............
COPY/PASTE <EMBED> URL FROM YOUTUBE INTO THE FLASH CODE.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/killumcub#p/f/18/RZUq6N7Gx1c">Cool it Now</a><br>
-- YOU CAN ADJUST THE DEFAULT 200,200 VIDEO DIMENSION TO ANY SIZE.
---COPY PASTE INTO SIG.

<a href="http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://htttp://www.youtube.com/v/qrO4YZeyl0I&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 02:33:43 PM »
HAHA- I went in to this so called "Marketing" Job on Thursday - Basically its just Soliciting people in a parking lot trying to sell Spa Packages for $42 (supposedly a $500 Value) - You know those people that hit you up at the mall and shit - and you don't start making money until you sold at least 3, Per Week - dude's were selling one per day, and that day I was just observing and they were not selling shit, but promising that you usually sell about 10 a day and giving me bullshit about laws of averages and that for every 100, 10 buy - you just need to be on your grind - but everyone is broke, and that was the answer we got all day - even with people going to the Mall trying to just buy what they need - and they didn't tell me that dudes were not selling shit - they would not let me in their morning meeting to hear what everyone sold the day before (which was nothing or just 1) - I smelled the Bullshit - and it's not like I'm a super salesman either, there was this kid there who was a natural born salesman, he only sold 2 the whole day - but I bet if he was selling cars or something else that wasn't spa packages he would make bank -

anyways I digress - so I knew the end of the day that I wasn't going to waste my time with them after the day was done and I went in to the office for my so called "Final" interview and I probably used half of all those statements throughout and Asked personal work questions right in front of the whole staff to the owner (like why I wasn't allowed to ask questions til lunch, why they didn't allow me into the morning meetings to hear that they didn't sell anything the previous day and how much was dude making off the salons for selling theses products) - I knew everyone was thinking what I was thinking but didn't have the balls to say it to him, he got offended and said that's not a question that a entry level applicant should ask, I responded with "Well, you said we were a tight knit family here - does family keep secrets from each other?" - dude turned red and shaked my hand and said the words that I knew was coming - "We Will Keep In Touch, thanks for coming by today" - and walked into his office and left me outside with everyone all quiet and it was akward saying bye to everyone, lol -

So My So Cal Peeps looking for work- Advantage Marketing is some bullshit - unless you want to sell Spa Packages to people at a bullshit value (you only actually save 20% - I called yesterday and verified lol)

acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
HAHA- I went in to this so called "Marketing" Job on Thursday - Basically its just Soliciting people in a parking lot trying to sell Spa Packages for $42 (supposedly a $500 Value) - You know those people that hit you up at the mall and shit - and you don't start making money until you sold at least 3, Per Week - dude's were selling one per day, and that day I was just observing and they were not selling shit, but promising that you usually sell about 10 a day and giving me bullshit about laws of averages and that for every 100, 10 buy - you just need to be on your grind - but everyone is broke, and that was the answer we got all day - even with people going to the Mall trying to just buy what they need - and they didn't tell me that dudes were not selling shit - they would not let me in their morning meeting to hear what everyone sold the day before (which was nothing or just 1) - I smelled the Bullshit - and it's not like I'm a super salesman either, there was this kid there who was a natural born salesman, he only sold 2 the whole day - but I bet if he was selling cars or something else that wasn't spa packages he would make bank -

anyways I digress - so I knew the end of the day that I wasn't going to waste my time with them after the day was done and I went in to the office for my so called "Final" interview and I probably used half of all those statements throughout and Asked personal work questions right in front of the whole staff to the owner (like why I wasn't allowed to ask questions til lunch, why they didn't allow me into the morning meetings to hear that they didn't sell anything the previous day and how much was dude making off the salons for selling theses products) - I knew everyone was thinking what I was thinking but didn't have the balls to say it to him, he got offended and said that's not a question that a entry level applicant should ask, I responded with "Well, you said we were a tight knit family here - does family keep secrets from each other?" - dude turned red and shaked my hand and said the words that I knew was coming - "We Will Keep In Touch, thanks for coming by today" - and walked into his office and left me outside with everyone all quiet and it was akward saying bye to everyone, lol -

So My So Cal Peeps looking for work- Advantage Marketing is some bullshit - unless you want to sell Spa Packages to people at a bullshit value (you only actually save 20% - I called yesterday and verified lol)

hahahaha props on that one man!  Fuck those stupid marketing bullshit jobs.  I fucking hate salesmen!