Author Topic: E-40 "Revenue Retrievin" (Day & Night Shift) Discussion Thread  (Read 1800 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: E-40 "Revenue Retrievin" (Day & Night Shift) Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »
Listened to Night Shift as well and it was good also. Not as good as his top albums but definitely solid material on both albums.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 07:03:39 AM »
whats the name of the 4 bonus traxx?

Well i'll finally put my hands on the 4 bonus tracks and its just like the album... BANGIN  8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »
Day Shift:
Ya Supposed to
I'm In The Room - Feat Mugzi

Night Shift:
Streets Keep Callin Me - Feat Krizz Kaliko & B-Slimm
Move Mean - Feat J Diggs & Big Rich

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »
people feelin this album more or brotha lynch'?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Al Bundy

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »
Someone needs to hook up the bonus tracks  8)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
"Over the Stove" is classic!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »

If I had to pick one I would go with Lynch. Hell there aren't too many albums anywhere else that can see that album right now. But 40's album is dope as fuck also.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »
yeah after a quik spin thru each album....im feelin lynch album more too but i was expectin more from him and the album to be better...but 40's album not dope all the way thru IMO

If I had to pick one I would go with Lynch. Hell there aren't too many albums anywhere else that can see that album right now. But 40's album is dope as fuck also.
Cube

BossMadeLive

• 'G'
  • FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @LIVEW1RE
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
DONT SLEEP ON 40!!!

MistaNova

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »
I was just listening to Lightweight Jamming this morning, that song's a banger.
I might buy them soon, both album(s) sound interesting.

doggfather

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Someone needs to hook up the bonus tracks  8)

here you are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qzjmigmmrym

I think this album is much better than ball street journal.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Paul

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »
I was just listening to Lightweight Jamming this morning, that song's a banger.

Yeah i really like that track
funkyfreshintheflesh

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »
Dam, iv been bumpin Day Shift non stop since I picked these up. Every day or 2 I find a different track that gets stuck in my head. Im saving Night Shift for later, I bumped it and like it but ill get too it again. Day Shift is a real good album and it keeps getting better every time I listen to it. It has the potential to be a personal classic. Ghetto Report card is one of my personal classics, I got it the day it dropped and I still have that album in regular rotation. Iv had alot of good times bumpin' that album.
I bump everything on it but these are my most played so far ooff Day Shift:

Bitch ft Too Short & VT: has me hoping for the release of Short/40s album they have good chemistry, this song is the shit from the beat to the hook to the verses. Im just mad I cant bump this song with my son in the car because he starts sayin "biatch" and we cant be havin that!

Duck: Iv been starting my morning journey to work with this track, it gets me going especially if im running late, doggin in and out of traffic. The beat really bumps and 40 spits on it. duck duck duck duck GOOSE, haha

I Get Down ft B-Legit: "Poundin' soundin' like Chewbacca in the trunk" sums it up, its got a nice beat by 40. Dam Bela rips this though, cant wait 4 his album.

Art of Story Tellin': E-40 has his flow on point, switchin voices tellin a story. Droop E made a 'dramatic' beat, I had some on in the car with this song on and they said the beat sounded like a movie soundtrack when some shits about to go down.

Ima Teach You How To Sell: 40 taking it back with the acapella intro! He says some true shit. Matter a fact Im gunna go pick up a kick door stopper  ;)

Lightweight Jammin' ft Clyde Carson & Husalah. "Where ya be at? ya where i be at  Missouri, Atlanta, Kansas City, Portland, SeaTac." Funny thing is 1st time I heard this I was sitting at a light in SeaTac, I was like, hold up, *rewind* did I hear him right. Although I think he just means Seattle/Tacoma, not SeaTac (area around the airport). anyway, everyones got a good verse.

Everyday Is a Weekend ft Jacka: This one was in my head today, it shoulda had another verse on it though. But ya I like the beat, its hella catchy

Rick Rock Horns ft Marty James: Title of the song fits perfect, lovin the bass on it too. Chorus fits perfect with beat and 40 rides the 'horns' perfect.

Dem Boyz:  "I Take ya back to the 80s when I was servin' ya momma the reason ya'll crack babies" haha, and I thought WC clowned us 80s babies on his song. Nice beat, I really like how it adds the whistling in the 3rd verse.

All I Need: Its got a good summer vibe/west coast feeling to it, shit cant wait for the summer! Is there a video for this? On the sticker that was on the cover its titled a "smash hit", he should release this as a major single around summer.

Gotta Get Betta ft Mike Marshall: Droop E dropped a dope beat, when i first heard it he would have been the last producer I would have thought of. Its one of those struggle songs. Who hasn't had problems with overdraft fees? fuckin' banks! He needs some colchicine for that gout, that'll help  :P but Mike Marshall gets down,it  almost made me think Levitti, but hes too busy fuckin with Keyshia Cole.

Ya Suppose To: This song should have been on the actual album and not just an iTunes bonus. 40 rides the beat while spittin some donts and dos, its on some 2010 mobb shit.

Id suggest if anyone hasn't checked it out, its on some 2010 Mobb shit, its not all the way hyphy. its just ride n smoke, do your shit handle your business to music! E-40 def hasn't lost it! OH and the most important thing to know about the album is to bump it in the car, its the only way to fully feel the album, bass is a MAJOR part of 40s music.

Too bad the fuckin ringtones that came with the bundle I bought don't work under my phone plan  >:(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:13:12 AM by LAZY »

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 07:37:45 PM »
I agree on most ppl ... that album is top condender for west coast album of the year!
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
Streets Keep Callin Me is such a dope ass track! The hook by Krizz Kaliko is maaaad catchy, I love it.

And you can't tell me 40 ain't one of the best ever to touch the mic:

Sometimes I wonder was I planned, maybe?
Or was I a accident mayne, a oops-baby?
No disrespect to my mother,
But at times I wish my daddy used to rob her,
My family and relatives tryin to say I need to stop
But I'm doin,
They come to church but when they need to borough the money
they asked me first

I still bump Revenue Retrievin the whole day, so many great and funny lyrics on there! I think too many peeps sleep on this
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill