Author Topic: What will happen with Snoop in the future?  (Read 135 times)

_E_A_Z_Y_

What will happen with Snoop in the future?
« on: December 04, 2002, 07:46:35 AM »
Like 'yall know, Snoop was getting a much worse rapper! His firs two Albums were much better than the other ones! But what do 'yall think??? Can you imagine, that he is getting big again??? I mean, do you think, that he can drop an album, wich is like Doggystyle, or will he be like that for ever??? Or is he getting worse?? Cause, you know, I hope, he will be much better and I think, he can do this with Dr. Dre!!!

quizzac

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:What will happen with Snoop in the future?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 10:52:06 AM »
What made Snoop large back in the day was his voice.  His vocal style has changed, he's gotten older and fucked up his trachea with chronic abuse.  All my peeps thinks he sounds like a faggot now.  DEFINATELY not N.W.A. material.  I'd rather see one of the guys from Bone take Eazys spot, or a new midget.  Maybe Bushwick.  Plus Snoopys pressure to be independent from Dre and prove Knight wrong takes its toll, and the hurts the spontinaity in the studio.  Its not fun anymore.   :o

heyyou

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 11:09:59 AM »
I think if dre produces at least half of the album, and with the right guest appearences, then maybe. But then again the music industry has changed so much since the early nineties, it's difficult to push major units (there are a few exceptions like eminem), because the music industry in general is so saturated, everyone uses the same formula. It seems like if they don't release an album every year, someone will take their spot.

Also it's so difficult to blow up again for the second time (but dre has done it). Like so many others, snoop came in straight at the top because of the hype from the chronic, it was just a matter of trying to stay there.

heyyou

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 11:15:46 AM »
I forgot to add:
Yes I agree that snoops main asset is his voice, but it was also the right beats to go with it. I personally feel that on the new snoop album brings us back the old snoop vocally, flows & lyrics on the new tracks after he stopped smoking weed (eg. stoplight, the one & only), but it was the beats at points let him down.

He was also dope on the sound of my heat of the easy mo bee album (snoop ripped it up).

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 12:28:15 PM »
see whats funny is though, even if dre produced al album for snoop, and then snoops album isnt as good as PTCTBTB lyrically, flow wise n beats etc........y'all would say its better than the last anyways jus cuz dres name is on the credits

snoop n dre should jus make an album together

peace

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 12:43:37 PM »
Snoop will make a strong return on "DETOX."

Bigg Z-Virus

• Lil Geezy
  • This is Z the leader,Z the boss do U C the boss?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2002, 03:44:22 AM »
I hope Snoop comes off great on "Detox".........Could happen with the improvement of his flow while riding a Dre beat.I'm quite curious about who'll feature on it. A bit of DPG,RBX,Rag
e,NWA & Aftermath crew might be very interesting.
My word spreads like weed or crack because my word is DOPE!