Author Topic: Nipsey Hussle speaking on Bishop Lamont (No Country Fo Old Men)  (Read 1846 times)

PLANT

Complex: Although Snoop has obviously been very supportive of you, Bishop Lamont had spoke last year of doing a mixtape called No Country For Old Men because he felt like older artists like Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube weren’t supporting the new movement. Do you feel like that was fair?

Nipsey Hussle: The way I was raised, I was a man, even when I was 13, homie. Don’t do me no favors. Let me run mine, you feel me? I don’t need no help. You signed to Dr. Dre, how can somebody prevent you from doing what you gotta do? You got a record deal, you got a label behind you, money behind you. You have access to a studio. All you have to do is make hot shit. So how can a motherfucker prevent you? At the end of the day, I was doing it by myself in the studio. A lot of niggas did that, created their brand, went out into the world and did what they did without a co-sign. Dre did it by his own. My thing is that I don’t give no person that much power over my path that I’m walking. Not one person can make or break what I’m doing, except me or God. Not the label, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Game, and much respect to all them niggas, but as a man, that’s not how I was raised.

Real Talk.....check the rest of the interview here
http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/03/31/interview-nipsey-hussle-talks-african-roots-snoop-dogg-co-sign-and-rappers-reppin-gangs/

GangstaBoogy

Re: Nipsey Hussle speaking on Bishop Lamont (No Country Fo Old Men)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
Nipsey kept it 100!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:26 PM »
Nipsey kept it 100!

Real talk....that's a grown mans perspective.....You take your respect...you don't beg for it.....hopefully Glasses, Jay Rock, Crooked and Bishop will overstand that one day.

chunkc85

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Tha Buziness
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »
+1 on the link this was a good read and I agree every interview I've read with nipsey he always keeps it 100. Damn they roll was recorded for L.A.X. That would of been nice promo for nipsey.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »
Complex: Although Snoop has obviously been very supportive of you, Bishop Lamont had spoke last year of doing a mixtape called No Country For Old Men because he felt like older artists like Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube weren’t supporting the new movement. Do you feel like that was fair?

Nipsey Hussle: The way I was raised, I was a man, even when I was 13, homie. Don’t do me no favors. Let me run mine, you feel me? I don’t need no help. You signed to Dr. Dre, how can somebody prevent you from doing what you gotta do? You got a record deal, you got a label behind you, money behind you. You have access to a studio. All you have to do is make hot shit. So how can a motherfucker prevent you? At the end of the day, I was doing it by myself in the studio. A lot of niggas did that, created their brand, went out into the world and did what they did without a co-sign. Dre did it by his own. My thing is that I don’t give no person that much power over my path that I’m walking. Not one person can make or break what I’m doing, except me or God. Not the label, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Game, and much respect to all them niggas, but as a man, that’s not how I was raised.

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2010/03/31/interview-nipsey-hussle-talks-african-roots-snoop-dogg-co-sign-and-rappers-reppin-gangs/

i just gained even more respect for nipsey....nice post dog...

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
Real talk.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Jaydc

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »
Why is a project that got cancelled over a year ago being talked about?

sofdark

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
Yup, they gotta go out and get their own, not wait for someone else to feed them.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »

Word.

I like how he didn't even try to slip a subliminal in there. It wasn't even like 'if Dre don't fuck with me then fuck him' or 'Bishop is just bitchin'. He just spoke like a grown ass man.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »
Why is a project that got cancelled over a year ago being talked about?
because people tend to get stuck in the past ;)

for the record, Bishop Lamont never held a grudge against 'veterans' in general. yes he dissed Snoop & Ice Cube, but you don't hear often about the shoutouts he gave to established & upcoming artists.
i guess it's an error in the human brain, which makes us lean more towards the negative, no matter what your character is.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:53:32 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Okka

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 05:40:05 AM »
This interview has been posted a few times already.

OaklandLowerBottomz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »
I respect Nipsy's hustle.Definitely got more game than that big tall lanky dude from BAYMAAC.The nigga that starts beefs for twitter followers.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »

that's real shit from Nipsey, that's why bitches like Bishop got dropped like hoes on the street
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....