Author Topic: Detox single threads??  (Read 4033 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Detox single threads??
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 10:21:56 AM »
yeah well in the eminem section theres the relapse 2 thread.  thats where the info came from.  and yes alot of bs in that thread only because it started out about relapse 2 last year and then it went to bs...then to this detox information.  the guy that has it, is legit.  

Cool, thanks for the info, sounds fair... I guess we'll know if it's legit pretty soon!

The track's legit, and something tells me the Jigga verse is better than what dude is saying - Dr. Dre has a white guy in the studio who does quality control. He'll just flat out tell you if your shit is wick wick wack.

That would be an awesome job to have

Indeed, and @anash50 - Dre listens as well, but he has people to help him judge such as D.O.C., Random White Guy, and Eminem.

SMH at having ghost-listeners. He cant even do that by himself
It's necessary.

Only necessary for wack overated people who cant make decisions for themselves
in a lot of posts you hate on Dr.Dre, if you don't have anything constructive to write, just shut up

Nigga fuck you, its an internet forum to express opinion. If you dont like what im saying about your husband Dre then skip past my post. If I was dissing any other producer you wouldnt be saying shit. Fuckin groupie
nah this ain't about Dr.Dre, most of the posters try to maintain a positive enviroment, yet there's a few people like you who try to trash it.
this forum doesn't need people like you, so get with the program or get the fuck out of here.

so yeah, i happened to come across your posts in Dr.Dre topics, but if it happened in other topics that i read, you would get the same treatment.

oh yeah, not to mention:
- If it is abundantly clear that a user has no intention of positively contributing to discussions, combined with an abrasive, combative attitude, they will be banned.

so either you contribute, or leave

Nigga this IS about Dre, youre just butt-hurt because I think your favourite producer/man crush is overrated.

Most of my posts arent even about Dre either
ok let's go with your theory for a minute, since you're such as smartass: if it hurts me what you say about Dr.Dre, why would i have almost 7000 posts on a forum, on which Dr.Dre gets talked about often ( good & bad!)  :sombrero:

and several posts of yours mention Dr.Dre's name, look back at your post archive & use the mark function :D  :loser:

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
I say we ban detox all together!
Detox is keeping this forum from discussing music.

People are basically discussing an idea.

I might as well start a discussion about some perfect album that exists only in my head.

Exactly.

*sees this post getting ignored*

*Is not surprised because people wan to believe*

It's gotten to the point where "Detox" is causing more bad than good for the Westcoast.  I know it's good for the Aftermath marketing department, but now we've got artists waiting on Dre to change the game again and give the Westcoast it's new direction when they should be changing it themselves!

And we've got Westcoast listeners who ignore all other Westcoast music because they think when Detox comes out, it'll make it all sound irrelevant and outdated anyway.

Sometimes I think the myth of Detox hurts the Westcoast more than helps it.  Dr. Dre is just about retired at this point, and if the Westcoast is going to come back, new artists have to lead the way and not rely on Dre to hold their hand.  And we as music consumers need to move on as well and stop being brainwashed by some ideal of perfection that is the nonexistent Detox that would never live up to those expectations anyway.

Put it like this -- Detox comes out, is a disappointment because it's not perfect -- what happens to the Westcoast then, when it's last hope and savior under performs?  :-\  You think the Westcoast is in bad shape for the past decade.  Just wait until this happens; not a pretty sight.

It's time for the artists and fans to snap out of it and look for new talent that will bring the West back.  Dr. Dre is yesterday's news and it's silly we're all putting our eggs in the basket of a guy who's basically retired.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »
^^^^but the truth is, Dr.Dre still has a big influence, so he's not really yesterday's news.

the west coast & the rest of the world definitely need to move on though

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 11:08:48 AM »
Everybody who thinks Detox threads should be either closed or banned are all retarded. Seriously.

There is a reason people are talkin about Detox, Game, Nipsey, whoever. And even if it is without any proven facts its still fuckin relevant! Keepin this forum ''clean'' as some of yall want it to be, there would be no threads.

So if youre not happy with the detox, game etc. threads GTFO ! People who are in those threads dont mind reading other peoples thoughts and random opinion.

Damn a lot of bitchin goin on on this board.. smh

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:27 AM »
yeah well in the eminem section theres the relapse 2 thread.  thats where the info came from.  and yes alot of bs in that thread only because it started out about relapse 2 last year and then it went to bs...then to this detox information.  the guy that has it, is legit.  

Cool, thanks for the info, sounds fair... I guess we'll know if it's legit pretty soon!

The track's legit, and something tells me the Jigga verse is better than what dude is saying - Dr. Dre has a white guy in the studio who does quality control. He'll just flat out tell you if your shit is wick wick wack.

That would be an awesome job to have

Indeed, and @anash50 - Dre listens as well, but he has people to help him judge such as D.O.C., Random White Guy, and Eminem.

SMH at having ghost-listeners. He cant even do that by himself
It's necessary.

Only necessary for wack overated people who cant make decisions for themselves
in a lot of posts you hate on Dr.Dre, if you don't have anything constructive to write, just shut up

Nigga fuck you, its an internet forum to express opinion. If you dont like what im saying about your husband Dre then skip past my post. If I was dissing any other producer you wouldnt be saying shit. Fuckin groupie
nah this ain't about Dr.Dre, most of the posters try to maintain a positive enviroment, yet there's a few people like you who try to trash it.
this forum doesn't need people like you, so get with the program or get the fuck out of here.

so yeah, i happened to come across your posts in Dr.Dre topics, but if it happened in other topics that i read, you would get the same treatment.

oh yeah, not to mention:
- If it is abundantly clear that a user has no intention of positively contributing to discussions, combined with an abrasive, combative attitude, they will be banned.

so either you contribute, or leave

Nigga this IS about Dre, youre just butt-hurt because I think your favourite producer/man crush is overrated.

Most of my posts arent even about Dre either
ok let's go with your theory for a minute, since you're such as smartass: if it hurts me what you say about Dr.Dre, why would i have almost 7000 posts on a forum, on which Dr.Dre gets talked about often ( good & bad!)  :sombrero:

and several posts of yours mention Dr.Dre's name, look back at your post archive & use the mark function :D  :loser:

Because you have nothing better else to do than to go back and forth with people all day defending your idol on the internet. It obviously DOES hurt you otherwise you wouldnt feel the need to start an arguement whenever somebody says something negative about Dre.

out of my 70 posts, around 12 mention Dre's name. If you think that counts for "several" of my posts, then you really are a dumb fanboy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
^well if i'm wasting my life by arguing with posters like you, that makes you kind of a sucker doesn't it?
you're dumb enough to lower yourself to that level.

for the record, i don't defend Dre all the time, i welcome constructive criticism, but it does seem to bother you that i'm interested in Dre's music, which is funny.
and a lot of my posts are constructive, which is something you could learn from.

anyway, like i said, the mark function said Dre a lot of times in your post archive, excluding quotes :nawty:

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »
Dre has musicians making his beats? No shit. That's how EVERY hip-hop producer makes his beats. They sample musicians. That's what they fucking do. That's what DJ Quik does, that's what Dre does, that's what Timbaland does, that's what every producer does. That's the definition of a producer. They have a bunch of samples, they stick them together to make a beat. I hate all this bullshit.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
u gotta find a diffrence between playin a keys and producin a beat.. you can learn playin keys like storch in couple of years, but u cant learn to make beats like dre in any time - its in your mind, ppl call it talent or whatever, but its just your mind.. if dre is not worth your respect, then tell me why whole industry respects dre more than anybody?

Dr. Dre doesn't make the beats, he has musicians makin' the music for him and this has been confirmed by many people.

so what dre do in your opinion? nothing? that hes nobody? ... please..  read some interviews with dre, he descibed exactly how the studio session looks like in aftermath, its not a typical one, u gotta understand it, its a special thing (if u remind bout the hits that came out from there u can say its better), dre keeps the quality, not only of sound, of all, whole thing, if u would be on his place we wouldnt get those hits that dre produced.. if u think that real producer is scott storch, you can listen to some piano players as well, thats only thing he does actually (i dont mean no disrespect, i like him as a producer anyway).. but as timbaland said, hes a piano man, producin music isnt bout melody, every producer will tell you that its bout mixing, enginerring, whole conception, melody is last thing that is needed.. understand that.. then reply

Melody is the last thing needed? If the melody and harmony suck, the song WILL suck. Regardless of how perfect the mixing, mastering, or even drums are.

This has actually been the problem with some of Dre's more recent productions. Shit melody and harmony, great mixing and mastering... and a bad beat overall.

This is why people like Scott Storch, Pharrell Williams, and even T-Pain are so valuable in the Hip-Hop industry. They have melodies for days.

I'm not saying Dre's isn't good, he's the best at what he does - producing - but someone like Storch is just more talented overall cuz he can both produce and make music.

And I'm not gonna take timbo's diss to storch seriously at all, Timbo has not made a hot beat in like 3 years. he's finished.

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:12 PM »
Song isnt going to leak anytime soon, it's not even finished, scope this out....

The early morning call came out of nowhere. And it was shocking to say the least. Indeed, the prospect of being one of the first to hear select tracks from Dr. Dre’s Detox—easily the most long-awaited rap album in history—was the type of invitation you don’t receive every day. But as you step inside a small conference room in the New York offices of Interscope Records, you realize that this is a surreal occasion**.

A smiling woman instructs you to place your phone in a black bag. You are almost expecting to be blindfolded, like a scene straight out of Stanley Kubrick’s freak fest Eyes Wide Shut. “We just want to make sure that there is no texting or recording of any of the music,” she said. “Dre would not like that.” The few in attendance are allowed, however, to write down notes. It’s noted early on that one song—a much-reported track Dr. Dre has recorded with Jay-Z—is not finished.

“No one has heard it yet,” said an executive. “But we were told that Dre and Jay were in the studio all night. Beyonce was also there. That’s all I will say.” So now it’s the moment of truth. Does Detox, a project almost a decade in the making, deliver? The seven tracks that were played for VIBE offers a resounding YES. —Keith Murphy

Matty

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
^^ "**By "surreal occasion" we mean "entirely bogus figment of our imagination." Ha! Happy April Fools Day."

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »
Dr. Dre's long awaited Detox album is dropping this year. Dre keeps everything under the covers, you all will finally see this by the end of the year

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
Dre has musicians making his beats? No shit. That's how EVERY hip-hop producer makes his beats. They sample musicians. That's what they fucking do. That's what DJ Quik does, that's what Dre does, that's what Timbaland does, that's what every producer does. That's the definition of a producer. They have a bunch of samples, they stick them together to make a beat. I hate all this bullshit.
Exactly. Y'all know that Exhibit A, by Jay Electronica, produced by Just Blaze. He doesn't play the piano.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »
Dre is the ONLY hip hop producer to have so many people expose him from Hutch to Erotic D, to Daz, to Emmanuel Dean to Mel Man to Neff U. You seriously think they are all lying?
I don't think they are all lying but I also think people zero in on another producer or instrument player having a bone to pick with Dre and immediately assuming that they are the "ghost producer". In many cases, they are not actually listening to what the person is actually saying.

Big Hutch: To my knowledge, he never said that Dre stole a single beat from him. His argument was that Dre gets credit for the G-Funk sound and doesn't acknowledge Hutch's part in creating that style.

Emmanuel Dean: Watched the DVD interview a couple times and Dean doesn't say he PRODUCED Gin & Juice or What's My Name? He says he worked for Dre as one of the people who physically created the beat. Yes, producers actually have people who get paid to do the grunt work for them. He says when he the publishing came back, he got screwed. Now, the implication here seems to be that Death Row didn't want to pay people so they short-changed them on publishing. He was angry because Dre got his credit as a producer but the guys who worked for him didn't so they wouldn't see royalties or plaques for that stuff. "Stealing credit" is when you take credit for somebody else's work which Dean never accused Dre of doing. He said Dre didn't speak up when Death Row fucked people out of their credit, which is a completely different accusation altogether. He also maintained that since getting his own label, he heard he was doing right by people when it came to that shit.

Mel Man: When did Mel Man say Dre took credit from him? He appeared in a photo shoot with other producers who were complaining about credit (Neff U) but I can't recall him ever going on record against Dre. Did he do an interview or something about this?

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
u gotta find a diffrence between playin a keys and producin a beat.. you can learn playin keys like storch in couple of years, but u cant learn to make beats like dre in any time - its in your mind, ppl call it talent or whatever, but its just your mind.. if dre is not worth your respect, then tell me why whole industry respects dre more than anybody?

Dr. Dre doesn't make the beats, he has musicians makin' the music for him and this has been confirmed by many people.

so what dre do in your opinion? nothing? that hes nobody? ... please..  read some interviews with dre, he descibed exactly how the studio session looks like in aftermath, its not a typical one, u gotta understand it, its a special thing (if u remind bout the hits that came out from there u can say its better), dre keeps the quality, not only of sound, of all, whole thing, if u would be on his place we wouldnt get those hits that dre produced.. if u think that real producer is scott storch, you can listen to some piano players as well, thats only thing he does actually (i dont mean no disrespect, i like him as a producer anyway).. but as timbaland said, hes a piano man, producin music isnt bout melody, every producer will tell you that its bout mixing, enginerring, whole conception, melody is last thing that is needed.. understand that.. then reply

Melody is the last thing needed? If the melody and harmony suck, the song WILL suck. Regardless of how perfect the mixing, mastering, or even drums are.

This has actually been the problem with some of Dre's more recent productions. Shit melody and harmony, great mixing and mastering... and a bad beat overall.

This is why people like Scott Storch, Pharrell Williams, and even T-Pain are so valuable in the Hip-Hop industry. They have melodies for days.

I'm not saying Dre's isn't good, he's the best at what he does - producing - but someone like Storch is just more talented overall cuz he can both produce and make music.

And I'm not gonna take timbo's diss to storch seriously at all, Timbo has not made a hot beat in like 3 years. he's finished.

I prefer right mixed and polished beat, than just a melody.. altho when dre connects with some1 like storch who can play keys, the collabo works perfect, if dre and storch would get timbaland wit his origanility it'd be perfect mix for me actually.. but enough dreams.... - storch is not more talented, the piano playin skills isnt a talent at first, he just learned that.. and his producin skills isnt that good as other producers (and i dont mean dre only).. neptunes have somethin like the collabo timbo/dre/storch but except that on lower level of everything

Hittman2001

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »
ok...three tracks.  Two of them are different and the third is a demo version of one of them...