Author Topic: Damizza Visits Nate Dogg And Gives Dubcnn An Update On His Condition  (Read 2540 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

One of the most tragic stories to hit the music industry in the last few years is without a doubt that of Nathaniel "Nate Dogg" Hale. The legendary singer blessed his fans with wonderful and timeless music for over a decade, before suffering from two strokes within a one-year period.

Since then, details on his condition have been scarce and Nate Dogg's supporters have been desperately trying to find out how he is doing and whether he will ever be able to make music again. Dubcnn just received an E-Mail from our good friend Damion "Damizza" Young, who recently visited Nate Dogg, letting us know Nate's current status.

Dubcnn would like to thank Damizza for finally providing information on Nate Dogg and for reaching out to dubcnn to let the world know. Here is the message:

"I finally reached Nate Dogg’s mom (thru Warren), Ms. Ruth, and she invited me to visit Nate anytime at the facility he’s in — I went the same day, April 2. I was allowed to spend six hours with him.
Not only were my biggest hits with Nate, he is my friend and my strongest mentor/supporter.

When he first heard me rap he said, “Damizza, if somebody has a fu**ing problem with you tell them to call me ... you have my number – I don’t care who you give it to. And I’ll tell them to s**k my dick (sorry Ms. Ruth, I gotta just tell the truth).” That is Nate’s sense of humor.

It hurt me deeply to see my friend in such a state and I told him “there are many people who don’t know where you are or what condition you’re in.” I asked his Mom and him if he had heard music in a long time. Nate’s way of communicating is to look up if it’s a “Yes” and to the side if it’s a “No.” He looked at me with saddened eyes and looked to the side.

I took him, in his wheelchair, to a computer and played him all the songs we’ve done together. His Mom was surprised because all the records Nate and I did were positive ones that expressed his true feelings. I played him “Music and Me.” I played him “Wake Up.” And “Where I Wanna Be.” I also sung him an unreleased record we had done just for fun ... and his face lit up and he laughed, as he is able.

Although it was sad to see my friend in this state I had to stay strong and keep my focus positive (for both of us). He is steps away from speaking again and when I asked him in our classic inside-joke kinda way, “let’s make a deal ...” I said “I’ll bring you your catalogue, headphones and a CD player if you just try to talk again.” He looked up and signaled “Yes!”

I go back in two weeks and I hope that his listening to his music helps bring him back from whatever space he’s in. God knows, in my darkest times, HE was the one who pulled ME out.

I want to thank Snoop, Kurupt, Warren, Butch and all of his real friends and family who have visited him since his stroke; I KNOW what it’s meant to Nate because, as I mentioned their names, his face lit up.

I thank Ms Ruth for just letting me see my friend, and I am honored that she gave me the following statement to release to his fans, friends, and the public." - Damion "Damizza" Young

TO NATE’S FRIENDS AND FANS:

“Nathaniel Hale's (aka Nate Dogg) mother Ruth and his entire family would first like to thank all his friends, fans, and acquaintances for their prayers, well wishes, cards, thoughts and anything you may have said or done during this trying time.

“For those who don't know, Nate suffered a major stroke in September 2008, his second in a one-year period. At the present time, Nate is alert and aware although he is unable to speak and has no use of his hands and feet, he is responding by eye movement. As to be expected, he has moments of despair and sadness, but we believe that with God, all things are possible. We continue to trust God for Nate’s progress. We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he strives to get better. We solicit your continued prayers.”
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:59:33 AM by Nima - Dubcnn.com »

Matty

Re: Damizza Visits Nate Dogg And Gives Dubcnn An Update On His Condition
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:11:29 AM »
damn, thanks to damizza/dubcnn for the update. stay strong nate!

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:23:26 AM »
Thanks for the update Damizza. Hard to read the story with all of its sadness.
Nate, keep ya head up, stay strong and may you be blessed with a full and quick recovery !
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

Okka

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »
I'm glad he's gettin' better, readin' this shit makes me sad. Nate Dogg always seemed as a humble dude who wouldn't fuck his friends over and he got kinda picked on in the Death Row Days, Big C-Style spoke about that, sayin' that he and Nate always had to fly in the normal class when Snoop, Daz, Kurupt and others was in the VIP section havin fun or somethin' like that. I know he might not record music again again or not in next years atleast but i really hope he will be able to speak again and get back on his feet.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:16 AM »
Damn I feel bad for him and his family. I hope he gets better any time soon! I only wish the best for Nate!

Keep ya head up G ! We miss ya hooks boi! :D

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39:38 AM »
Oh and Im so glad that his real friends still visit him!

I wish I could as well!

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:48:12 AM »
Thanks for this update.

My thoughts goes out to Nate and his family. Your fans love you, and nomather if you make music again or not we all wish for you to recover...
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:05 AM »
My grandma was in the same condition and the doctors said she will never wall and speak again...well 2 years laters she could walk with a little help by another personn and could say a few words...

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:13:37 AM »
Really sad to hear that Nate is in such conditions... I pray God he'll never get another stroke

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:31 AM »
man.. this is fucked up.. stay strong Nate!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:23:28 AM »
Thanks to Damizza once again for giving us this update

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

ChapinPride

• Lil Geezy
  • high till I die
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:53 AM »
I got so much LUV and Respect for Nate Dogg! He made great music and I hope he gets better soon!
WEST COAST 4 LIFE!!!!!

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 05:34:28 AM »
man, this is really sad. really hope he gets better soon

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 06:01:21 AM »
Thanks to Damizza for an actual update on his condition.

It's really sad to know he's in such a state ... I was hoping to hear him on two albums i've been anticipating, which i wont name in this topic so that we wont deviate from the subject ;),  but those hopes are pretty much gone for now because I think it might take a good 7 years before he can actually be in a steady enough shape to walk and sing.

No matter how long it takes, the fans will always welcome him back, who know's, 10 years from now he might hit the stage again with Dre, Snoop, Xzibit and perform that good shit  8), what a comeback that would be !

God bless him.

The Game needs you Nate, these cats be Akoning and T-paining too much !

k1000

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »
Thanks to Damizza once again for giving us this update

nate dogg, we love you.