Author Topic: Dre, Lebron and Jimmy Iovene at Yankee/REd Sox game  (Read 2905 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre's Single Is Called Under Pressure Ft Jay Z
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »
It was obvious that the track exists but did they say that it was for Detox or just a random promo single (Crack A Bottle).

Okka

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
I thought this was known a few weeks ago that Jay is on the first single, there's a reason for it too and if y'all don't know it then fuck it. Snoop Dogg is still a big name of course and he probably always will be but the last two albums he put out flopped and people ain't buyin' his shit these days but Jay-Z still sellin', why y'all think that he is on the "I Wanna Rock" remix? There's only one reason for it. Almost everything Dre and Jay have worked together on has been good so i'm exceptin' this to to be too.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 06:09:46 PM »
It's more of a statement of intent, having the greatest rapper of all time on your first single..

So he's back with Rakim? ;)  Seriously, hopefully DOC wrote Jay's rhymes...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:18:50 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »
and let me say this, Snoop Dogg not being on the first single? what a fucking joke

Let me say this, Snoop's 2 latest albums has been a fucking joke.
Dre probably didn't want to make people draw conclusions that Soulja Boy, The-Dream or some shit will appear on Detox.

It's more of a statement of intent, having the greatest rapper of all time on your first single..
I didn't see anybody bitching when Still D.R.E., written by S. Carter dropped.. or when Jay-Z murked "The Watcher 2"..

i mean yea who else combines quality and marketability like Jay? Putting him on the lead single was a no-brainer... for both this album and 2001.

It would be nice if Dre puts his west coast pals all over the album... but I'm very worried that the list of guest rappers is gonna be something like : nas, ti, lil wayne, drake, snoop, game. but if that's the case..... then oh well. what are you gonna do.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »
bring it on. 8)

Okka

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
It was obvious that the track exists but did they say that it was for Detox or just a random promo single (Crack A Bottle).

"Crack A Bottle" was fuckin huge, it still get spins on the radio. What the hell happened to the video though? Did it ever come out.

The Watcher

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

"Crack A Bottle" was fuckin huge, it still get spins on the radio. What the hell happened to the video though? Did it ever come out.

the crack a bottle video came out, but its not your typical video
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »
I'm excited.

What the fuck is a snoop dog?

I've never liked him...which is like a sin to be on a west coast board & admit this.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 06:24:01 PM »
wonder when will hear it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Okka

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
Jay on the first single. I have a feelin' that Em, Snoop or Game will be on the second.

Jaydc

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
Two over rated over the hill rappers on one single  :-X

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
i love the snoop hate on this board. At his peak, he was one of the best to ever do it. How many of y'all favourite rappers even come close to making a dogystyle?

And dre and snoop combo is still the best combo in hiphop. Aint nobody taken over that mantle yet.

However i am excited for this, its about time we get some detox music and while its bullshit imo about jay-z being the greatest of all time. Aint no way dude is touching pac and its debatable whether pac is greatest of all time but jigga is sick, ainy no denying that on his day. And he did write dres verses on still dre, so no complaints. However one of the best things about still dre was also the hook...which snoop was on...

We'll see...title definately fits lol...under pressure the nigga sure is! and i cant see him and jigga topping what dre and snoop did with still dre but lets give it a chance! Dre still that nigga

just drop some music!

Jaydc

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
Snoop gets hate because it doesnt matter how good he used to be it doesnt compare to how bad he is now.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »
i feel dre's name has worn out just like snoop etc and he wont sell as much as he probs think he would. reason being he hasnt been putting out his own shit consistenly.i wish he wouldnt have this single released with jay z though
Not the same. Snoop puts out albums all the time and the consistency just isn't there. People know Dre takes forever to make records and there is such a hype around this album that you'll have people who never buy albums anymore checking this one out. I could care about who is on the first single as long as when I hear it, it makes me want to buy the album. Simple as that.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »
VIDEO:

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/rapper-producer-dr-dre-takes-his-hacks-at-fenway-park.html

I find it really funny how Dr. Dre is never comfortable in front of a camera, you can almost feel his heart is beating faster when he has to answer a question...isn't it shocking to see a legend his age being nervous?
Perhaps the ultimate proof he's human like us  ;)