Author Topic: Eminem is BY FAR the better rapper then Jay Z  (Read 714 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Eminem is BY FAR the better rapper then Jay Z
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
No intelligent hip hop head would argue this point.  In terms of flow and delivery it's an insult to even compare the two.  The only thing Jay stans can say is lyrically, but even then Jay is nothing compared to EM.  Jay really progressed lyrically AT ALL since his first album, sad.

Also, don't give this "11 number 1 albums" bullshit, because EM has still outsold Jay in terms of albums sales with less albums, and if EM released 3-4 albums an year he'd have 20+ number 1 albums. 

here is an example

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/xyzu6y9R_6g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/xyzu6y9R_6g</a>
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Eminem is BY FAR the better rapper then Jay Z
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »
Not arguing with that!

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »
Eminem I would say overall is better but he fell off way harder than Jay did lyrically, especially last year

Blueprint 3 > Relapse from a lyrical standpoint, but both albums were pretty ass and the production made both

I ride with Em over Jay any day though  8)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
Eminem I would say overall is better but he fell off way harder than Jay did lyrically, especially last year

Blueprint 3 > Relapse from a lyrical standpoint, but both albums were pretty ass and the production made both

I ride with Em over Jay any day though  8)

come on now, what exactly did prove lyrically on BP3?  Just rhyming about how rich is cool he is?  I was bored to death after 4 tracks on that nonsense.  EM destroyed tracks like Deja Vu on Relapse.  Plus his two features on the Drake and that Wayne joint >>> Bp3

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »

I ride with Em over Jay any day though  8)

come on now, what exactly did prove lyrically on BP3?  Just rhyming about how rich is cool he is?  I was bored to death after 4 tracks on that nonsense.  EM destroyed tracks like Deja Vu on Relapse.  Plus his two features on the Drake and that Wayne joint >>> Bp3

Relapse had those tracks were Em went off like on "3 AM", "Deja Vu", "Stay Wide Awake", and "Underground", and the rest was simply just Eminem joking around on tracks with a wack accent, minus a few other personal tracks like "Beautiful", basically Relapse was a collection of wasted Dre beats... I do agree on all of those joints you named being better than all of Jay's recent work though but still as an album at least with BP3 I can listen to some tracks for more than just the instrumental

now if Eminem would have rapped more like he did on "Drop The World" and "Forever" on Relapse, that would have been one hell of an album and would easily shit on BP3 and most albums that dropped last year

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »
this could go either way.

but em fell off worse then hova did. That paki voice he uses and the dumb music videos hes put out are just retarded.

Jay has just slowed down the flow and the lyrics are just your basic themes; cars, money, sucessful career etc.

I think Em still has great songs in him, i was diggin the a couple on the relapse album and the leftovers album and same goes for jay, he still puts out great songs.

But that being said they both have great prodeucers behind them so they will always stay listenable.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
Em always was always will be.

When ever you hear Jay-z talked he said he the best blah blah against BIG, Pac but his tone always humble when Eminem is mentioned. Something i noticed.  Even he knows Em is better.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »

but em fell off worse then hova did. That paki voice he uses and the dumb music videos hes put out are just retarded.

Jay has just slowed down the flow and the lyrics are just your basic themes; cars, money, sucessful career etc.

I think Em still has great songs in him, i was diggin the a couple on the relapse album and the leftovers album and same goes for jay, he still puts out great songs.

But that being said they both have great prodeucers behind them so they will always stay listenable.

you say EM fell off worse then Jay, but Jay has been the same since he came in the game, EM has been up and down but still is at a much higher level then Jay

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »

you say EM fell off worse then Jay, but Jay has been the same since he came in the game, EM has been up and down but still is at a much higher level then Jay

i dont think so. Do you own every jay-z album? i bet you dont.....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

i dont think so. Do you own every jay-z album? i bet you dont.....

I own 4 of this albums, and DLed the rest, what the fuck does that prove?

I didn't waste my money on BP3 so opinion on him is invalid?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
nope. i just thought you didnt own any of his albums and had a biased opinion.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
it's non-debateable.

Eminem is 5 times Jay.

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZq3RBEBvps&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;<br />http://www.youtube.com/v/LZq3RBEBvps&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LZq3RBEBvps&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;<br />http://www.youtube.com/v/LZq3RBEBvps&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
Jay > Em in my opinion.

Eminem has released too much childish bullshit.

kemizt

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »

I ride with Em over Jay any day though  8)

I can't agree with that. BP3 was very average lyrically. Imo Jay's bragging raps are more played out than Eminem's horror raps.

Jay kinda fell off after his "retirement", Eminem fell off on Encore.. now he's more focused than he was before his break. Jay's more mainstream he has ever been.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:22:26 PM by J.E. »