Author Topic: Eminem is BY FAR the better rapper then Jay Z  (Read 716 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem is BY FAR the better rapper then Jay Z
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 07:01:56 PM »
And this thread will be locked soon, (re: rules) so get your replies in while it's still open.
:laugh:

kemizt

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
Discography: Jay
Subject matter: Jay
Freestyling: Em
Flow: Em
Versatility: Jay
Voice: Jay
Consistency: Jay

There's no debating that Em can outshine ANYBODY on their own shit, but Jay takes it because of his insane discography and superior subject matter.
If Em had been more consistent, released more quality, and didn't confuse "originality" with childish voices and childish toilet-jokes, he might be up there.

I agree. Jay Z has stayed consistent whereas Em has fallen the fuck off. Em really needs to pick up on R2

uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »

i actually find myself pretty much agreeing with this. Only thing i would say is that i dont like either onces voice, though jiggaz voice is more versatile where it can fit on more different beats. And also that 'lyrically' was missed from the list. Because while subject matter is linked to being lyrically superior...sometimes just because your mind is in a better place, doesnt mean you're better with a pen and pad...an example...two gangsta rappers...same subject matter dont mean they lyrically equal...one can still be lyrically superior...thats how u seperate the best from the average....for example...your nas' from your wannabe nas'

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 09:19:29 PM »
Jays disccography is over rated.Hes got the big hits no doubt nobody can take that way from him.Theirs something to be said for someone who can have a concert and play an hour and a half of nothing but hit songs.But his albums arent that great I feel his discography really isnt that good.Blue print 2 and 3 were both 6 out of 10s at best.Kingdome come was average though I felt he was taking steps forward lyrical content wise,then took a huge step back with american gangster.Vol 1 2 and 3 were all average.Black album was great as was reasonable doubt.But the rest,meh.

I bump,

Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint 1
Black Album
Kingdom Come
American Gangster
Blueprint 3

Everything else I don't care for.  I totally agree with you about Kingdom Come being a fresh spot for Jay.  It was clear he wanted to mature his take on hip-hop as he aged but the public didn't want it so he backed down.  Though, while I understand the critique of American Gangster as a fallback, I enjoy the return to the hustler perspective with a more in depth approach.  Plus, I love a couple of the Marvin mash ups that came from the album being released.  I actually thought Blueprint 3 was another attempt at maturing hip-hop but through critiquing others and co-signing new cats - Drake, Cudi, Mr.Hudson, J. Cole.  (I'm not oblivious to the fact most of them are related to his paycheck).
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
i would say the best songs on Encore are better than the best songs on Relapse; but up & down the tracklistings Relapse is more solid.
I'd pretty much agree. "Relapse" was a more complete album. "Encore" had some real excellent tracks that I enjoyed but there was at least 6 or so songs where it literally seemed like he was just trying to see if he could make hits out of the most nosensical subject matter possible.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »
i would say the best songs on Encore are better than the best songs on Relapse; but up & down the tracklistings Relapse is more solid.
I'd pretty much agree. "Relapse" was a more complete album. "Encore" had some real excellent tracks that I enjoyed but there was at least 6 or so songs where it literally seemed like he was just trying to see if he could make hits out of the most nosensical subject matter possible.

Which ones?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
2 overrated rappers...but if i had to choose jay is better
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lucifuge

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »
Jay flow is same since forever,nothing changed,and subject metter.
Em change hes flow etc. I mean 2 different styyle of music. cant compere,but they got one song together,and we all know whos kill that shit. ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 12:37:42 AM »

There's no debating that Em can outshine ANYBODY on their own shit, but Jay takes it because of his insane discography and superior subject matter.
If Em had been more consistent, released more quality, and didn't confuse "originality" with childish voices and childish toilet-jokes, he might be up there.

And this thread will be locked soon, (re: rules) so get your replies in while it's still open.

but you're a Jay-Z groupie  :wavey:

Content wise: Encore > Relapse

Production: Relapse > Encore

Flow: Encore = Relapse
more like Relapse> Encore

on Encore he sounds a bit tired
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:40:44 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 01:14:15 AM »
cant argue with that

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 02:34:14 AM »

co-sign

Does anyone still listen to Eminem albums in 2010? No replay value at all.

Jay overall > Eminem

Matty

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:56 AM »
em was good for a couple of albums until he ran out of material and started making silly noises/accents, obsessing over celebrity culture. jay has stayed 'reasonable' for a much longer period of time...