Author Topic: new Al Qaeda attack on US coming thurs 5th or fri 6th dec :O  (Read 1360 times)

Don Seer

new Al Qaeda attack on US coming thurs 5th or fri 6th dec :O
« on: December 05, 2002, 05:58:20 AM »
fresh from cnn.com.... ohhhh weeeeeee.......... get worried  :-\

Al Qaeda: 'Gift' of terror on its way
Thursday, December 5, 2002 Posted: 6:30 AM EST (1130 GMT)

Last week's attack in Kenya, claimed by al Qaeda, destroyed the Israeli-owned Paradise Hotel and killed 13.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL REPORT

• Interactive: The Hunt for al Qaeda
• Interactive: Terror investigation
• Terror warning system
• In-Depth: Terror on tape

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The end of Ramadan has stirred renewed concerns over the threat of a terrorist attack against U.S. citizens and the nation's allies.

Earlier this week, an al Qaeda statement posted to the Internet threatened a strike to coincide with the end of the Muslim holy season -- which is December 5 and 6. The statement said, "You have not learned your lesson."

"You did not understand the reasons for the raids of Washington and New York," said the al Qaeda statement posted on several Web sites that have carried al Qaeda messages in the past.

"Oh American people, you are the victim of your leaders, but you are also a partner in the war on us. The gift for the holiday is on its way," the statement continued.

U.S. intelligence officials said they were "mindful" of such threats and "not dismissive" of them. But, as one source said, "A heightened state of alert has been there for some time," including threats of attacks immediately before Ramadan, during it and immediately following the holiday.

Al Qaeda's mode of operation has changed since the U.S.-led bombing campaign in Afghanistan put its leaders on the run. The group now is apparently choosing "softer" targets that are easy to hit.

One example was last Thursday's twin attacks in Kenya -- a suicide bombing that killed 13 people at an Israeli-owned hotel and an unsuccessful missile firing at an Israeli airliner. Another was the October 12 bombing of a tourist hotel in usually serene Bali, Indonesia, that killed nearly 200 people.

Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for all three attacks. The organization claimed responsibility for the Kenya attacks in the same statement threatening new strikes at the end of Ramadan.

In another development Wednesday, the Arab news network Al-Jazeera said it received a fax purportedly from Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar, one of the most wanted men in the world.

Titled an "end of Ramadan statement," the letter said America and its allies were spreading destruction and would face more "hostility, chaos and destruction."

The letter has not been authenticated. One U.S. official could not vouch for its authenticity but said it is credible in the sense that is similar to what Omar has said in the past.

The United States believes Omar is alive but it is not known where he is hiding, the official said. Al-Jazeera would not tell CNN from what country it received the fax.

With the threats swirling, British officials closed their embassy in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi on Wednesday after officials received a "specific threat." They would not identify the nature of the threat.

In Washington, President Bush said he believes al Qaeda was behind the Kenya attacks and that bin Laden's group "hates freedom."

"I believe al Qaeda will strike anywhere they can in order to disrupt a civil society and that's why we're on the hunt," he said.

The United States and its allies, Bush said, are "slowly but surely" dismantling al Qaeda and he promised to "bring them to justice."

In the al Qaeda statement, the group warned Americans to leave Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Africa and Asia: "Otherwise, you will reap death because of your stupidity in ignoring our warnings to you."

from http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/12/05/terror.threats/index.html

Doggystylin

Re:new Al Qaeda attack on US coming thurs 5th or fri 6th dec :O
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 03:48:40 PM »
man.....that aint cool

Hittman2001

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 06:18:26 PM »
well, tomorrow is going to be quite a day if its true since the 5th is pretty much over.  unless they try something tonight.  i hope this doesn't happen again

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 08:09:14 PM »
I am going to the mall tommorow. If I see any Muslims, I am going to try and keep my eyes on them. They are saying that they might attack shopping malls.

Pillow

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 10:27:20 PM »
man they aint gonna do shit, i am tired of hearing this bs falsereports. allz these punk mo fuckers are are talk

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 12:21:38 AM »
ohh yeah..... they never did anything bad before....  ::)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 12:59:17 AM »
I am going to the mall tommorow. If I see any Muslims, I am going to try and keep my eyes on them. They are saying that they might attack shopping malls.

::)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Pillow

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2002, 12:06:52 AM »
ohh yeah..... they never did anything bad before....  ::)
no i didnty say that, i jus meant aint no shit else gonna happen. oh yea....by tha way....dec 6th is gone and aint shit happen

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2002, 01:37:40 AM »
cnn reported it not me...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 12:35:59 AM »
all i got to say is that al queera is the dumbest set of people alive......their main objective is what.....to bring peace in the muslum world......yet they attack the biggest and most powerful nation on earth and expect to bring peace back to the muslum world....the middle east has even MORE chaos now than it did pre 9/11 and they're STILL trying to stir up shit with the US and it's allies........i don't know but if it were trying to bring peace to east BAKERSFIELD i wouldn't go to every gang members mom's house and kill their mom's to make a point about gang violence and not expect a reation......i mean come on it's just plain stupid

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 02:31:17 AM »
all i got to say is that al queera is the dumbest set of people alive......their main objective is what.....to bring peace in the muslum world......yet they attack the biggest and most powerful nation on earth and expect to bring peace back to the muslum world....the middle east has even MORE chaos now than it did pre 9/11 and they're STILL trying to stir up shit with the US and it's allies........i don't know but if it were trying to bring peace to east BAKERSFIELD i wouldn't go to every gang members mom's house and kill their mom's to make a point about gang violence and not expect a reation......i mean come on it's just plain stupid

Actually their main objective is to defend the Muslim Umma.  (community)  So if a group or country of Muslims is being oppressed they will fight back against those oppressors.  I'm not a scholar so I can't say for certain if what they are doing is right.  The Scholars and Islamic leaders have not reached any clear agreement on the matter as far as I know.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2002, 10:29:37 AM »
^^^

I'm sure you can find the answer out using your own logic.  I found your comment interesting though since your implying that none of your thoughts on islam are your own.  You're not a scholar therefore your thoughts can't deviate from that of the scholars.  Thats you're choice to make, but I never thought thinking was a bad thing.  In this case you can't claim yourself intelligent only knowledgable.  And the different between knowledge in one man to knowledge in another is only exposure.  Therefore, you lose any ability to condemn other people for lacking intelligence because whether or not you are more knowledgeable you don't think you only repeat.

I guess it depends on a person's ideals, but take a misinformed individual on this board.  That individual might not have been exposed to the wealth of knowledge you have been, but they may think more deeply using the limited knowledge base they have.   Intellectually that would sort of make you inferior to every thinking member on this board.  Even if your view are correct you never thought them up on your own.  Whereas most other people have used their mind to develop their views.

I was reading about Islam the other day and I learned that Imam's are taught to bring new members into the faith at as young an age as possible.  Some authors on the subject of free will claim free will exists in a lesser form until we are given the ability to think through a decision thoroughly.  Well in this instance, a child (or confused youth) is at a disadvantage when being propositioned to enter islam since their intellect has to be able to challenge the persuasive abilities of the older and more experienced Imam.  This Imam firmly believes that all individual's should enter islam, and has spent however many years practicing this process of pesuading individual's to convert.  This is not because he is a bad person, but because he believes it is the right thing to do.  Either way,  he most likely has developed his pesuasive skills such that they are easily able to win over a child or a misguided youth.  

(cont.)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2002, 10:29:50 AM »
I mentioned this because in your comment you kind of said you do not think.  And admitted that your thinking does not match that of a islamic scholar.  Well then, depending upon your ideals this could pose an interesting problem.  My ideals are such that individual's should have freedom to develop their own thinking, but exposure to many different forms of thinking (in the form of islam, christianity, philisophy, etc) However, islam has created a situation where an individual's right to think are stolen from them at a very young age.

Under these assumption the growing size of islam represents the growing size of the non-thinking (although knowledgeable) population.  

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2002, 11:15:11 AM »
Ant what about children who grow up being taught any faith is true, surely they are non-thinking? And thus it's not just the growth of Islam that is increasing the "non-thinking population".
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2002, 03:11:27 PM »
Well it all depends.  Islam as infinite tells us is a methodology and as inifinite demonstrated muslim views must follow with the view of the muslim scholars.  Other religions that present ideals but do not force their ideals upon their members are a different situation.  

The fact that islam is a methodology tells us it encourages non thinking.  I have this same problem with other religions too.  In the book of gensis, Adam and Eve were punished for their curiosity.  This story hints that we should not question God and since the bible is God's word, and priests or rabbi's his messengers we should not question them  either.  Therefore, orthodox believers sacrifice their free will and their ability to think.  In the situation of islam were your encouraged to be an orthodox believer the problem is more exagerrated.   Christianity has gained a lot of tolerance for new beliefs in recent years, and at least in the west judaism has also.  

This is kinda of theoretical and I'm not expecting people to firmly believe what I wrote.  Just consider the possible consequences of "faith".

« Last Edit: December 09, 2002, 03:12:54 PM by Ant »