Author Topic: Dr.Dre Confirms Detox  (Read 3298 times)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr.Dre Confirms Detox
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 06:22:42 AM »
Well the good news is it seems like Dre has something he's ok with releasing now... Jimmy has been desperate to release something Dre related for a while, so that was never the problem I don't think

Shits gettin real .....through a portable tv!

Jimmy should have his own album come out after - "Straight Outta Portable TVs"

Okka

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »
Yeah, sure it's droppin' this year ::) In the worst case, the first single comes out and it flops, Dre will flip out and won't release "Detox" :D

jeanmiche777

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »
I really think we are gonna hear a track from Dr Dre soon... don't know if it's gonna be for Detox, but I'm sure about that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
i dont know i think Dre may be coming with something out soon, 2 weeks or not.  Pundants do it all of the time but people just don't get on the News and tell lies unless they're trying to cover somethin up that's serious.  But then again it could just be all about the headphones.  But maybe the album "Detox" is when you just get the buzz of it when the artists/producers/dre talk about it in magazines and shit like that but you don't get the actual high which is the music.

detox///// So many thoughts on it, everybody's got somethin' 2 say about it lol.

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »
its obvious to me that Detox IS going to come out, and they ARE going to put out the single with Jay....Theyve built up to much hype and promotion already not to come through.  The anticipation is at an all time high right now.  Its the perfect time for them to start putting out music.  This is only the start of the promotion for Detox.  People will be going nuts when this track drops, and the anticipation for Detox will grow even higher.  I guarantee these guys are going to cash in HUGE from Detox.  Just wait.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 06:57:44 AM »
One friend of mine who's not into hip hop at all thinks dr.dre and snoop dogg is the same person. lol. Just wanted to share  :laugh:
The regular people never heard about detox until they see the actual thing on tv/radio....Cant wait.

The D.O.C and

Okka

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
Anticipation? Yeah, on the internet. Ain't nobody talkin' about "Detox" out there in real life.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 07:09:19 AM »
I don't care who's talking about it.  I'm ready for Detox.

Dre needs a swag boost plus he kind of sounds gay.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 08:04:05 AM »
the words in the hook of "Forgot About Dre" stand out now more than ever.  8)

Does crow go well with cornbread or french fries??
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
The anticipation is at an all time high right now.

lol not at all.  2004, right after the In Da Club beat dropped...that was all time high.  Look at Rakim's Seventh Seal album.  Came out 6 or 7 years too late.  Nobody talks about it.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
Yeah, sure it's droppin' this year ::) In the worst case, the first single comes out and it flops, Dre will flip out and won't release "Detox" :D

hey homie we don't need bad karma  :P ;D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah i doubt it comes out this year...recently hes said over n over again and the way hes talkin it dont sound like its comin out this year...which is a good thing cuz the album needs to be done right...10 years or 20 years...needs to be done right

lol @ action callin dre gay

ok lets sum this up:

- hopefully releasing track within two weeks or so
- 'definitely' releasing detox this year
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:04:33 AM by THA WESTCOAST WAS IN YO BITCH, WHERE WERE YOU? »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

westside159

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
Oooh shit , when did this come on tv ?   Detox finally coming out , now i know the world is going to end in 2012 lol 

Damn its been what 7 or 8 years talking about that damn Detox album coming out .  good news if true

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »
well now more than ever, dre needs to release this detox album as soon as possible,... which means this year.
i believe this is the pivotal year for dre in the "make or break" sense. because after this year goes by, the interest for detox consumerwise will be averge to low.
there was alot of hype for detox in 2003, when 50 blew up, but dre made the fans wait too long for detox, and alot of people have given up caring years ago.
pushing an album back that has alot of hype can make it grow in anticipation, but if you push it back for too long, it can really hurt the people's interest in the album.
back in 2003, people still really cared about dre, but today, the mainstream has moved on, and kanye west, drake, lil wayne is what the mainstream want.
dre is almost like old news now. he had his chance to release and make detox blow up back in 2003/2004, but he fucked that chance up.
honestly, dre will be lucky to go gold these days. very stupid move by dre and jimmy for pushing detox so far back. anyways, it is what it is.
regardless on how it will sell, i just want it to be released, and then dre can call it quits on releasing solo records if he wants to.
even if he does want to release more albums after detox,... when will they come out?... when he's 65 or sumthin? its been 11 years since chronic 2001 came out in 1999. if he wants to keep his solo career, he needs to start releasing an album every year from now on, because dre cant afford to waste any more time because he's gettin real old, and he's starting to lose relevance because he stays missing in action for so long. these days, you need to release records constantly to stay relevant in the rap game.
releasing an album every 10 years doesnt work anymore......if it ever did
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:25:29 AM by ironmike »

westside159

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:01 AM »
true i agree with most of what you said , in 2003 there was alot of hype for Detox i remember people talking about it in the street
and yeah after Detox drops , then he might as well just stick to producing becuz he cant wait another 10 years to drop another solo album again .